Watters

Nov 9, 2017
Anyone know what combination of traits is needed to get the 'Mock Doormat BF' scene? I always end up getting only a single option, which is side with BF, even if my character is an ultra-bitch and has a bad relationship with the BF.

- id: mockDoormat
shortDesc: Join in
longDesc: mockDoormatLongDesc
textId: mockDoormat
effects:
- effect: $bf.reduceNpcLikingLarge() $bf.reduceNpcLoveLarge() $jerk.addNpcLikingSmall()
- effect: $w.changeStress(-5)
condition: $w.hasTrait("BITCHY")
followUpActions:
mockingDoormatJerkMakeout: $jerk.wAttractionOk || $w.hasTrait("LOW_SELF_ESTEEM")
mockedDoormatBothLeave:

The above is from the yml file of said scene. With the bolded section, am I correct in that my character needs to have both low-self esteem and bitchiness and for the jerk character to have at least an 'okay' level of attraction towards her?

violet.rain

Aug 19, 2020
Anyone know what combination of traits is needed to get the 'Mock Doormat BF' scene? I always end up getting only a single option, which is side with BF, even if my character is an ultra-bitch and has a bad relationship with the BF.

- id: mockDoormat
shortDesc: Join in
longDesc: mockDoormatLongDesc
textId: mockDoormat
effects:
- effect: $bf.reduceNpcLikingLarge() $bf.reduceNpcLoveLarge() $jerk.addNpcLikingSmall()
- effect: $w.changeStress(-5)
condition: $w.hasTrait("BITCHY")
followUpActions:
mockingDoormatJerkMakeout: $jerk.wAttractionOk || $w.hasTrait("LOW_SELF_ESTEEM")
mockedDoormatBothLeave:

The above is from the yml file of said scene. With the bolded section, am I correct in that my character needs to have both low-self esteem and bitchiness and for the jerk character to have at least an 'okay' level of attraction towards her?
No, that's a logical or. So either or works.

Reactions: Watters

violet.rain

Aug 19, 2020
You need to pass this check I guess

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yes, that would be correct. Quick Java operator rundown: ! is not, || is or, && is and.

In order to get to the mockDoormat scene, the following must be satisfied:
  • BF is a doormat
  • BF is the PC's partner (this is because $bf is just a variable representing some NPC)
  • PC is not nice
  • PC doesn't have a crush on BF
  • PC doesn't have a neutral liking towards BF, or PC is bitchy and PC is not close to BF.

starnight090

Jun 2, 2017
where's the changelog for 6.8?
This release adds a new NPC to the office career: the office rival. Because I'm sure after canoodling with the office hunk you've been aching to be screwed over by a malicious harpy.

Major changes & additions:

• A new NPC: the office rival. The rival has three events for now, and I intend to add more in upcoming releases. Office rivals have one of 7 subtypes that's chosen based on why they dislike the PC. For example, an ambitious PC might have a lazy rival who resents her for making the rival look bad, or a sultry PC could have a seductive rival who sees her as a threat to her position as the office hottie. While all rivals have the same scenes, there are variations in text and sometimes in routes through the scenes depending on subtype.​

Minor changes:

• Added some new reactions from Ivy in the malestart intro to certain names the PC can choose.​
  • Added a “purity ring” that the PC can buy, inspired by this webcomic: . This immediately restores the PC's virginity, including anal virginity, as an immediate effect that can be repeated by buying more rings later on. This allows for multiple men to be your “first” and could potentially lead to somewhat odd descriptions in some scenes.​
  • The office work background now gives 20 points of starting paperwork skill. Thanks to Jacob N for flagging up this ommission.​
  • The forgetful trait now has a stronger effect at high stress, as suggested by fumanchu. It now has a 10% chance of taking effect (as before) at low stress, increasing up to 25% at maximum stress.​
  • As suggested by Saur, characters with the “likes older men” trait now have a stronger variant of the yes answer when asked about it in a job interview.​
  • Updated the malestart intro so that Ivy no longer refers to the PC's new body as being around 21 years old before the player chooses a physical age: this was a holdover from early versions where the PC's age was fixed at early-twenties. She'll now comment on age changes after the female character-creation screen.​
  • Slightly updated the requirements for kicking your boss in the nuts.​
  • Male NPCs can now be bald or have shaven heads, as requested by DR on patreon. I've tried to track down and update references to male NPC hair, but it's possible some remain so please let me know if you see a scene mention a bald or shaven NPC's hair.​
  • Updated the thigh-job sitting makeout action so it no longer refers to the PC getting pre-cum on her skin when her partner is wearing a condom.​

Changes for user-submitted content:

• Added CHAUVINISTIC_PARTNER back to the custom NPC guide – it was removed by mistake despite still being in-game. Thanks to Rigel for pointing this out.​
  • Note that the Purity Ring is not implemented as a Stuff object but as a repeatable, immediate, one-off effect. As such, it isn't possible to check in later scenes whether the PC has made use of such items.​
  • The BALD and SHAVEN_HEADED traits are available for male custom characters, and OFFICE_RIVAL is available for female ones. The rival's sub-type is assigned at game start because it's chosen based on the PC's traits and it therefore cannot be directly chosen for a custom NPC.​

Bugfixes:

• Fixes to text issues. Thanks to Saint Destiny, Saur, AnarChYsT and Ammut for reporting some of these.​
  • Fixed a bug reported by Ulo Nimbus where the game would error with the “blank event screen” problem if the PC's boyfriend decides to propose marriage, he's a “treasure hunter” character, and the treasure-hunting-rival has not been encountered.​
  • Fixed an issue where the bringHome scene wasn't opening the NPC's trousers, leading to a sex scene without his cock exposed.​

Copied and pasted from his blogspot. A heads up that you can go there to see the changelog instead of waiting for someone to tell you.

Reactions: Turtleback
Jul 29, 2018
The changelogs always mention user created content. Does it exist, and if yes, where? The wiki of the game seems to be deleted, and the blog doesn't mention it.

Teize

Nov 6, 2017
The changelogs always mention user created content. Does it exist, and if yes, where? The wiki of the game seems to be deleted, and the blog doesn't mention it.
Discord but it's not really worth downloading them, tbh. The user created events are either incredibly short, unlikely to be updated or they are mostly finished and will be incorporated in the next update.

The only mod/user content the I believe is worth downloading is the character creator by Rigel, it makes getting events easier and I personally prefer hand selecting the appearance and traits of the NPC's but you do you.

Reactions: regicide123

lordcookie

Jul 10, 2017
You have to admire it though, 4k for what seems like a sidejob. I mean at this point I bet that adding npcs and scenes is like second nature to him/her/it/whatever.

Jun 8, 2017
You have to admire it though, 4k for what seems like a sidejob. I mean at this point I bet that adding npcs and scenes is like second nature to him/her/it/whatever.
Apparently the defense that SO and their supporters use is that the coding for the game is so convoluted and since SO hasn't released the source code for it; we can't even get mods or user created content, unless SO approves it. So don't expect off-the-rails stuff like Girls Life.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Apparently the defense that SO and their supporters use is that the coding for the game is so convoluted and since SO hasn't released the source code for it; we can't even get mods or user created content, unless SO approves it. So don't expect off-the-rails stuff like Girls Life.
So the defense is "I did such a bad job setting up my project, I need more money to get things done" ?

(disclaimer: I know nothing about making games)

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes