weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
Pick "likes rough sex" under character traits, find a Jerk/Selfish/Chauvinist/Misanthrope boyfriend and ask to be his bitch, enjoy the poorly implemented and terribly written dialogue that whips from semi-decent to outright cartoonish.
Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what I did.
I just thought there might be some other interesting hidden events.

there’s one of the early scenes were you help one of your friends apply for a job but they had to get tied up and stuff.
Thanks for the answer.
I'll try to make a friend.

Teize

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks for the answer, that's exactly what I did.
I just thought there might be some other interesting hidden events.

Thanks for the answer.
I'll try to make a friend.
Not just any friend, it has to be the innocent sales colleague from work, the same one where you get the lowlife scene when befriending her.

Teize

Nov 6, 2017
Doesn't have to be from work, can be any innocent friend.
Oh, I see. I've only seen that event/scene two or three times and it's always been with the innocent sales colleague and I kind of just assumed, sorry about that.

Reactions: Sunite

NickyD67

Jun 23, 2018
New release JUST came out, today. Final update for the career path. Next update: LESBIAN CONTENT!!!
I can't wait for my characters to go lesbo.

Reactions: TheCapeBoy

International

Dec 9, 2019
Newlife 0.7 patch notes

Looks like 1 scene, 1 event, and some changes to the NPC affection system?

Hello everyone!

Newlife 0.7.0 has been released. Early-access Patrons can find it in the creations section The changelog is below.

This is the final release in the work & careers update, with some new content and also internal reworks. The next major update, chosen by voters on patreon, will be Lesbian Content. I'll be starting on that either next release or the one after.

Major changes & additions:
  • Added a new path to the office party, intended to give the scene more variety for players with a non-sleazy boss. You need to be wearing underwear to the party to get this route.​
  • Extensively reworked how enjoy and relationship processing works internally. This probably won't be very visible to players, but it should solve the numerous issues involved with handling relationship-stat changes in multiple-NPC scenes.​
  • Added a new event for characters in the office career, especially those on the PA sub-path. This is the work trip, a scene requested by PrettyPenny which also allows the boss to become properly dateable.​
Minor changes:
  • Added some clarification to the user-created-npcs guide to highlight some changes made since it was written, notably that the number of NPCs can be modified in the options.​
  • Slightly improved one of the makeout action text sections that was a bit bare if none of the clauses were available.​
  • Increased the effects of likes-rough and low-self-esteem on the lowlife “freeze in panic” route. As long as there are no negative effects, having one of these will now be sufficient by itself for the route to end in sex.​
  • Added a new option at character creation: Underling. This dooms the PC to never receive any but the most basic of promotions. Specifically, underlings can get one promotion in a career, but no more.​
Changes for user-submitted content:
  • There are none. Enjoy is now properly linked to a specific NPC, but this has been something I've wanted to do for a while now and the custom scene methods were written to support the change without affecting custom scenes. I did get to remove the paragraph in the documentation referring to the enjoy system having “major internal flaws”, so I'm pleased about that!​
Bugfixes:
  • Fixes to text issues. Thanks to Joisub and Wakisha for reporting some of these.​
  • Fixed an issue reported by AnarChYsT where the game was mistakenly thinking you don't have a computer at home when faking nude pictures of your rival.​
  • Fixed a bug that would block an event where the PC reconsiders someone's bastard status.​
  • Fixed a bug reported by PhazonMario where the date scene could error if there were no suitable men for a threesome.​

bestfriends

Nov 21, 2016
Looks like SO actually started to dedicate some time to patch notes after being roasted in comments for patch notes 0.6.12
lol

Schermafbeelding 2021-03-29 om 23.39.39.png

this is the first time i've seen him address criticism though, i wouldn't be surprised if he has been reading this thread, maybe the sperging that has been going on in the last few pages got to him, which would explain why two of his discord mods showed up to carry water for him

Taryana

Oct 22, 2017
SO just needs to bite the bullet and revamp the game. Made the code a spilled spaghetti? Start over, take the hit, be honest and direct with your patrons, stop acting like a petulant child the instant you get push back for doing things immaturely and getting called out for bad business practices.
The hilarity, for me, was when his discord mods showed up here with the same excuses they were using two years ago. Terrible code? Rewrite. Do the work. Be honest about your problems and do not make excuses.

Or just surround yourself with yesmen and be cloaked with the air of victimhood. It's not your fault, life is unfair, it's hard, please donate more because the internet trolls need to be silenced. Also, $10 will have access to a new variation of the bar scene with the following traits no one uses. Also, more spelling errors corrected.
lol

View attachment 1112659

this is the first time i've seen him address criticism though, i wouldn't be surprised if he has been reading this thread, maybe the sperging that has been going on in the last few pages got to him, which would explain why two of his discord mods showed up to carry water for him

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
It's Java, not an easy programming language.. but its text game.. Everyone who knows how programming looks like, knows how it is.. It's all about calling functions and changing variables. The biggest problem in this type of game is story making.. If the code is properly made, one scene isn't work for a month but for a day or less..

vrtrtr

May 8, 2017
Yep.
This project would benefit greatly from a dedicated writer with a high output.
The current one (if there's any) doesn't really seem to do much.
As of right now, this is a very rough sale.

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
I used to get SO EXCITED whenever the update was released.... now I read the change log and just shake my head. It's a ritual. Another month has gone by with the "big add" consisting of situational scenes with no work being performed on the Sim or Sex mechanics. I still can't believe you or your sexual partner can't initiate a different sexual position. No changes to wardrobe. Only one career path. (edit : 2 paths)

Now we will have a year of updates for lesbian content when I feel a game overhaul would have been so much better. Imagine if this was redone on a proper engine and having an avatar/sex system similar to the Agent game?

Last edited:

Mallee

Aug 24, 2017
I used to get SO EXCITED whenever the update was released.... now I read the change log and just shake my head. It's a ritual. Another month has gone by with the "big add" consisting of situational scenes with no work being performed on the Sim or Sex mechanics. I still can't believe you or your sexual partner can't initiate a different sexual position. No changes to wardrobe. Only one office career path.

Now we will have a year of updates for lesbian content when I feel a game overhaul would have been so much better. Imagine if this was redone on a proper engine and having an avatar/sex system similar to the Agent game?
I'm not even a fan of lesbian content, so I guess just fuck me for the next year lol. Luckily I manage to enjoy this game even when essentially nothing changes for months, but I definitely won't be waiting on pins and needles for future updates.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes