International

Dec 9, 2019
https://f95zone.to/threads/female-agent-v1-11-1-crushstation.5103/

The generator part of this game is amazing, sadly I doubt this game will ever be finished.
I don't think the game that spent 4 years working on the prologue, followed by a reboot to make the prologue all over again is a good example of..... well, anything. Female agent has spent 5 years teasing it's main gameplay loop and never getting there. It's an even bigger patreon scam than Newlife.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I just gave this a try today. It was really interesting until I got to week 52 only to find out the game just ends. I know I didn't see all the events but it almost felt like I did

International

Dec 9, 2019
I just gave this a try today. It was really interesting until I got to week 52 only to find out the game just ends. I know I didn't see all the events but it almost felt like I did
You can change the game duration on the cheats tab during character creation. 100+ weeks works better for trying to complete the longer event chains, or if you're trying to get married.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
https://f95zone.to/threads/female-agent-v1-11-1-crushstation.5103/

The generator part of this game is amazing, sadly I doubt this game will ever be finished.
Ah yes this Agent game, it does have a somewhat ok character generator (it's pretty, but not enough body variation, and it seems to have lost even more options in the latest free version?), but snails zoom by the creative process of Female Agent, laughing at its slowness. Compared to Female Agent, Newlife looks like it is being developed at breakneck speed.

But getting to the sex system of Female Agent, I think it's actually not anywhere near as good as Newlife's. It's a progress bar that looks ok graphically, but after seeing it run a couple of times and trying to make it progress differently, it looks like empty graphics again. Female Agent is basically some nice art in search of an adult game.

Last edited:

zvezdan

Sep 23, 2020
I get game breaking bug when (i guess) PC develops crush on office boss. So my guess is that dream scene should start but i get only blank window with no choice options.
Also, are we able to customize the two sleazy guys who appear at office party?

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Yep.
This project would benefit greatly from a dedicated writer with a high output.
The current one (if there's any) doesn't really seem to do much.
As of right now, this is a very rough sale.
The way it has been built Newlife calls for classes to construct all of its scenes, even mostly static ones. Even if the dev was a skilled writer they would still have to wrestle with a dated coding method from the 2010s. It's why a tiny dynamic scene is taking as long as a static one to produce, which is about as bad as it can get. This game should've been canned or had a code overhaul years ago.

Too bad no one else has made anything decent in the same niche.

Reactions: numanumani

MistahIncognito

Mar 24, 2018
It's Java, not an easy programming language.. but its text game.. Everyone who knows how programming looks like, knows how it is.. It's all about calling functions and changing variables. The biggest problem in this type of game is story making.. If the code is properly made, one scene isn't work for a month but for a day or less..
It could also benefit greatly from a refactoring of the code base. The poor thing has all the scenes hardcoded into the game logic instead of separating that data from the logic.

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
The way it has been built Newlife calls for classes to construct all of its scenes, even mostly static ones.
Just so that I can understand what you're saying here, and so that I can avoid repeating that mistake in coding, I wanted to know if I get it right: Are you saying that Newlife constructs scenes with a series of separate classes in separate places in the code, so that it is therefore tough to track down and plan for all the possible branches that the scene can take? Since I am making a comparable game (not adult, but social), I want to make sure that I do things right.

Apr 3, 2019
Just so that I can understand what you're saying here, and so that I can avoid repeating that mistake in coding, I wanted to know if I get it right: Are you saying that Newlife constructs scenes with a series of separate classes in separate places in the code, so that it is therefore tough to track down and plan for all the possible branches that the scene can take? Since I am making a comparable game (not adult, but social), I want to make sure that I do things right.
Keep in mind that the language being used does matter to an extent. Setting individual scenes as a class is not an inherently bad idea, especially for a game like Newlife where each in game week can (at least in theory) be completely different than the next one. The problem mostly comes from bloat and Java being a bit overly verbose. If you were writing this in Python for example, it would almost be harder to avoid writing each scene as a class.

The problem of using classes in this game (and, again, part of it you can blame on Java) is that if you're not going to use (abuse?) inheritance and multiple instantiation, there's not much point to having them in the first place. So, having a "SexSceneActions" class that handles each sex action is great because then every time you use SexSceneActions you don't really need to bother about writing each position and whatnot (at least in theory). But if you have "one off scene that can only happen if you have these traits and the options are text are unique to this scene" then you're not really gaining much.

arobotbrain1

Sep 28, 2017
(not the person you're replying to)

Having glanced at the code, it looks like many scenes are an individual classes with a lot of calls to other data. Relationship status, intoxication, attraction, arousal, traits, etc. There might also be situational checks that only apply to, say, this particular instance of this scene.

The modular design can mean that, when SO introduces a new element which has many implications, it can be a lot of work to implement. Obviously, some details are just never filled in.

There are better and worse ways to do this. I'm not a software engineer, but it does look like SO took a reasonable path at the time the game was new, but it has become rather bloated by this point. Take this with a grain of salt, of course. I might also be an idiot.

Reactions: kcj300

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Keep in mind that the language being used does matter to an extent. Setting individual scenes as a class is not an inherently bad idea, especially for a game like Newlife where each in game week can (at least in theory) be completely different than the next one. The problem mostly comes from bloat and Java being a bit overly verbose. If you were writing this in Python for example, it would almost be harder to avoid writing each scene as a class.

The problem of using classes in this game (and, again, part of it you can blame on Java) is that if you're not going to use (abuse?) inheritance and multiple instantiation, there's not much point to having them in the first place. So, having a "SexSceneActions" class that handles each sex action is great because then every time you use SexSceneActions you don't really need to bother about writing each position and whatnot (at least in theory). But if you have "one off scene that can only happen if you have these traits and the options are text are unique to this scene" then you're not really gaining much.
Thanks, and I think I'm getting it. I'm using C# after dumpstering Unity. I'm using C# exactly because I can use inheritance, so I guess I'm doing it at least partially right!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2019
Thanks, and I think I'm getting it. I'm using C# after dumpstering Unity. I'm using it exactly because I can use inheritance, so I guess I'm doing it at least partially right!
Don't abuse inheritance though, especially if the game is mostly linear.

Classes are supposed to save time and ease testing and debugging. If you force yourself to write classes and have to constantly check their hierarchy in instances where a simple text dump would do, you're just running into issues.

It's why (specifically in newlife) the "generic sex scene" works well, but the other scenes that are just a few paragraphs where you just have "Next" are awkward

rbx4

Jan 21, 2018
Don't abuse inheritance though, especially if the game is mostly linear.

Classes are supposed to save time and ease testing and debugging. If you force yourself to write classes and have to constantly check their hierarchy in instances where a simple text dump would do, you're just running into issues.

It's why (specifically in newlife) the "generic sex scene" works well, but the other scenes that are just a few paragraphs where you just have "Next" are awkward
Yes no worries. My game is the extreme opposite of linear, so I use inheritance to characterize object behavior. Fortunately, I keep it simple, and with intuitive logic. I can see how inheritance would be an issue if it was used in complicated and counter-intuitive ways. The simpler the logic, the more I can do with it.

weerchange

Dec 11, 2018
Comrades, you are here discussing the software architecture of this game. And that its source codes are open? Have a public repository?

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
Comrades, you are here discussing the software architecture of this game. And that its source codes are open? Have a public repository?
Sadly it is not, and in fact it seems that the creator might run their game through a code obfuscator. Honestly I don't really see the point, there isn't much to gain from copying it or anything.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes