TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
I should have started a game like this 5 years ago. I'd be fucking rich by now in just patreon dollars.
It's not much, but this dev makes ~$30k a year based on his current subs paying the lowest tier and after Patreon takes their cut. That's a decent sum if he doesn't pay other taxes.

greenymph

Oct 2, 2016
I should have started a game like this 5 years ago. I'd be fucking rich by now in just patreon dollars.
Why not start one ? Can't remember any other game with similar mechanics to this one, so it has no really competition. Even if you start now, with constant updates, and decent amount of content per month, you could get easy support from a good base of patrons.

ebeezu

Apr 15, 2020
I can't find the "jerkfriendintro" scene in the official scenes folder. Is there an older version somewhere where I can grab this file?

darkduck09

Jan 20, 2019
Why not start one ? Can't remember any other game with similar mechanics to this one, so it has no really competition. Even if you start now, with constant updates, and decent amount of content per month, you could get easy support from a good base of patrons.
It's a lot easier said than done, honestly. I've recently been trying my hand at making something similar but it's nowhere near a releasable state.

Reactions: regicide123

kwab123

May 21, 2021
Nah, I'll just stick with selling my body on the street corners. Much better job security and some times I get to play with explosives.

jcbchris

Dec 26, 2020
Does anyone have recommendation for this type kind of game? sandbox text based erotica that have pregnancy feature? (lol)
Newlife, Hardtime in Hornstown, CoC, etc

Jun 8, 2017
Is there any room in this game for poly relationships/ open relationships/ reverse harems? :sneaky:
Well it depends on how you built your character and play style. Your PC can be a town slut and bang every guy she meets. Plus you can find/build a custom NPC that has a doormat/likes to share personality that might be down for threesomes/outside partners/etc. Plus your character's partner can be in events where they have sex with other women with both with or without your consent.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Maybe a dumb question but how do you do that? I mean if I could / would know how I have certain specific specks in mind.
Two ways:

the hard way:
the game has documentation (a text file) explaining all the traits and how to set up a custom NPC. In the game dir check the folder custom_npc_guides Open a notepad file and manually write all the variables.

the easy way:
download one of the custom npc creators and launch it, and pick all the stuff you want.
latest creator was shared here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/newlife-v0-7-3-patreon-splendid-ostrich.293/post-6075057
You may still want to check guides for some traits to see what they do.

You may have to run the game once for it to create the folder where custom npcs go.

Last edited:

SatanicMilf

Jan 2, 2019
Two ways:

the hard way:
the game has documentation (a text file) explaining all the traits and how to set up a custom NPC. In the game dir check the folder custom_npc_guides Open a notepad file and manually write all the variables.

the easy way:
download one of the custom npc creators and launch it, and pick all the stuff you want.
latest creator was shared here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/newlife-v0-7-3-patreon-splendid-ostrich.293/post-6075057
You may still want to check guides for some traits to see what they do.

You may have to run the game once for it to create the folder where custom npcs go.

Thank you - will try it out. Should I start a new game to get the NPC's appear or is it just a lucky me if I bump on them.

Jun 8, 2017
Could someone list all the content in this game? Seems really, really shallow.

Office: sleep for promotions, minor harassment from sleazy boss, lez sex with "rival"
Outside office: Just boyfriend stuff. Also tiny amount of prostitution.

Is that it? Is that all the content in this game?
most of the sex scenes in this game sort of plays out the same. There are unique scenes that might occur randomly or based on certain requirements like your character or NPC traits.

Since the game is sort of a sandbox rouge-like, it sort of encourages you to play multiple times with different character builds and randomized npcs to see everything. You can get around that by making the game time-limit very long and by making custom NPCs so you can try to trigger every scene in one play through. The game has a Wiki (that isn’t up-to-date) and you can look thorough some of the event files in the game folder to see what each event requirements are.

Game development has been slow, according to the developer, because how complicated the game’s code is or something and the game does take actions and your PC & NPC traits into account with flavor text and event variations.

Reactions: kcj300

Caljinaar

Jul 5, 2017
I cant befriend a specific npc. Everytime i use "befriend someone" he wants to be the boyfriend, even if the slot is already taken by someone else.
Is it possible to befriend that guy?

Jun 8, 2017
D
I cant befriend a specific npc. Everytime i use "befriend someone" he wants to be the boyfriend, even if the slot is already taken by someone else.
Is it possible to befriend that guy?
Depends, sometimes they get mad and you can't befriend because I think their "relationship" level dropped below a certain amount, you have to interact with them at the club and other events to bring it back up to try again. I think its a certain NPC trait.

Some will get mad when you friendzone them and leave but you can redo the event to be their friend until they finally accept it. Others might accept being friendzoned without much hassle and I think NPCs with non-romantic attraction to your PC will have a normal event.

Try disabling the cheat that makes everyone like you at the start of the game if you have it on. You can also save right before the befriending event and keep save scumming until you get your desired result.

Menthols

Jul 1, 2017
1 month delay on update because Dev caught a case of the convenient patreon flu, 1 month later after delay, still no announcement, still no update. I didn't think his updates could get any tinier and more pathetic, yet he managed to top my already incredibly low expectations.

Imagine claiming you are so sick that you can't even sit on your computer in the comfort of your own home and type code, meanwhile people work 40+ hours a week with sometimes up to 3 hour commutes for 20 years.

I doubt many of you on here are supporting this guy, but if you are, please stop. You only enforce his bad behavior, and he needs to learn a lesson. If people just stopped donating to him he would either quit completely(honestly not much different from how it is now), or he would realize he has to actually put in effort to earn his pay and would start releasing meaningful updates.

I can't even really blame the Patreon dev's that take advantage and leech. When people throw money at them regardless of how much work they put in, it becomes far too easy and tempting for them to milk a project and become lazier, and I'm sure the overwhelming majority of people would do the same thing if they could. When you start to realize that the overwhelming majority of devs start milking projects, taking advantage of their patrons and becoming lazy, it becomes very obvious that most people can't resist the temptation.

That's when you realize the real problem is the fools that support the bad behavior by continuing to donate and support these lazy ass developers. The dev's gain nothing but benefits so their behavior is easily justified, but the foolish supporters are only screwing themselves and others over, which makes their behavior so much more difficult to understand and it seems like these fools will never learn.

What's that quote? "A fool and his money is soon parted"?

Jun 23, 2017
To be fair he did pause his Patreon when he couldnt release anything due to sickness.
Splendid Ostrich engages in a lot of questionable practices, but I will credit him with at least pausing payments when he takes a pre-planned break/vacation. There are no small number who don't. It doesn't excuse the offensively small updates though; these breaks are arguably a better deal when comparing what is paid to what is received.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
How does the cake event work?
If I create a non-cute MC or an MC with bad traits (e.g. she's bitchy), they say they want someone different.
But when I make a cute MC without flaws, no cake for her: the event is never triggered. Is it possible to actually pose for the cake shop?

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes