hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
How does the cake event work?
If I create a non-cute MC or an MC with bad traits (e.g. she's bitchy), they say they want someone different.
But when I make a cute MC without flaws, no cake for her: the event is never triggered. Is it possible to actually pose for the cake shop?
I've only ever seen what you have basically my Sexy MC gets told they are looking for someone more cute. I supose you would have to find the scenerio and look at it's code and see what the trigger conditions are. it could just be asking for random traits(seriously dumb design but possible)

Reactions: scrumbles
Jun 23, 2017
Dude honestly might be sick if they stopped their patreon, man's been milking that thing forever, even when the text description of the update involved more typing than the update itself. But fuck em, who the hell says "amelioriate"
He's done it before. SO doesn't charge for zero work, only near-zero.

VoxAeterna

Apr 16, 2018
Damn, the U.S was still in the Obama Administration when this thread was posted.

Here's a few films released that year:

• Finding Dory
  • Zootopia
  • Suicide Squad (The first one)

And a few games:

• Overwatch
  • Dark Souls III
  • Pokémon GO
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Man if you went back in time and told me that 5 years of "constant" development later and we're at the point where a second career and lesbian content are just getting added in... i'd have laughed at you.

Still, props to SO for not charging patrons while they're not putting out content. Some devs out there aren't even capable of doing that.

International

Dec 9, 2019
Dude honestly might be sick if they stopped their patreon, man's been milking that thing forever, even when the text description of the update involved more typing than the update itself. But fuck em, who the hell says "amelioriate"
Yeah, I'll shit on SO for releasing tiny updates and charging for them, but pausing his patreon and not releasing anything is perfectly fine. No one is being wronged here. Sure, it sucks not getting an update, but he's not a slave and can choose not to work on Newlife any time he wants to, or if some thing more important comes up in his life. As long as he's not taking Patreon money for doing nothing, he's not being scummy.

Reactions: Watters

RecalledDread

May 24, 2018
How does the cake event work?
If I create a non-cute MC or an MC with bad traits (e.g. she's bitchy), they say they want someone different.
But when I make a cute MC without flaws, no cake for her: the event is never triggered. Is it possible to actually pose for the cake shop?
I think it counts your clothing as part of the cuteness factor. If you make a cute character and dress slutty, they want someone else. I've gotten it to run fairly consistently before whilst wearing Cute clothes, even without a cute character.

Reactions: scrumbles and Majus

BoosterBoards

Jun 4, 2021
Does anyone have a link to the discord channel? The link on SO's website and in earlier posts here appear to have long expired. Thanks in advance.

Edit: never mind, it works now (strange!).

Last edited:

sta123

Nov 17, 2019
Personally I wish SO would start a new game with a less finicky game design, one simple enough that writers can be realistically commissioned to write content and SO could largely act as editor. I doubt the result would have much resemblance to Newlife, but it'd have content that was way more visible to the average user.

VoxAeterna

Apr 16, 2018
Personally I wish SO would start a new game with a less finicky game design, one simple enough that writers can be realistically commissioned to write content and SO could largely act as editor. I doubt the result would have much resemblance to Newlife, but it'd have content that was way more visible to the average user.
I think there were a couple of people here who were trying to create their own versions of Newlife. I wonder how they're doing.

PinkBishop

Oct 29, 2017
I think there were a couple of people here who were trying to create their own versions of Newlife. I wonder how they're doing.
I made it quite far with a lesbian version of it, but ended up feeling that especially the sex scenes became quite boring and too mechanical for my taste, plus the few who tested the early versions came back with the same conclusion as mine (honestly, it also turned more into a relationship and dating sim and not so much a sex game that I initially wanted it to be). I'm still working on a version of it and some day it might be thrown out to everyone, but at the moment the development are slow because of life.

It's made in Unity instead of HTML or Java, and initially I tried to do it as a pure text game but the game engine didn't feel friendly to that idea, so had a lot of obstacles (at my skill level) to get through and I realized that I couldn't do it in 100% pure text as I intented it to be, so I included icons and a lot more to make both the navigation and the user experience better. In the end I learned a lot from the development that I am using in other projects today, so it weren't a complete waste of time for me.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes