n1ck

Feb 5, 2018
Anyone got a hold of somekind of source code for this? I'd like to get a hold of the events that are hardcoded in the game. I tried to decompile it, but since (s?)he used Apache Velocity engine, the result is utterly confusing. I wish he'd offload all the events to yml/vm format like the kind in the official content folder.

Seemingly boring mechanics, while in big number adds up to a sandbox game.
IMHO, sandbox games are not about "content" or "exposition", but about experiencing your own story. It needs some imagination/creativity, which only 15% of the population has.
Yeah, I agree on the sandbox thing. It actually harder to make sandbox game than one with pre-scripted plot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Batut and Majus
Feb 13, 2021
Look at the discord, and in the NC discord there are custom scenes which add gangbang at the office and in a new, much more pervy nightclub. Though due to the backwards way newlife works they will never show up in game because the game has a hardcoded set of possible events it will fire, rather than simply populating from the contents of the event folder, as it should do for an event based game like this. But if you enable custom events you can fire it yourself in a normal game, at the cost of immersion.
I just went through all of
Server: Newlife by SO - channel: finished custom scene & other channels

Server: NC games and scenes - channel: new life scenes

but couldn’t find any gangbang/extra club content files :( :(

If you don’t mind, can you please share the files here.

and I have to paste the .vm files in “user custom scenes” folder and check “allow custom testing” in options right?
Then we get them as weekend activity?

Also, there is a “additional scenes/official content” folder. These scenes get triggered normally while playing the game or do we have to do something to get these scenes ?

LabRat1

Jan 27, 2019
Also you can check this out:
It's a GoogleDoc of all the currently known custom scenes, both con and non-con and shared characters (I'm not related to this Doc in anyway, and take no credit good or bad for it's content, or lack thereof)

As for the pervy nightclub stuff, that's in the attached file, though do note it's non-con focused. I do believe there is a normal version in the Doc, though.

The events in the "additional scenes/official content" folder are ones that get triggered in game normally yes, but AFAIK putting a custom scene inside that folder does nothing unless it overwrites an existing scene without making significant changes to the actors involved. ie You can't just make a fully new scene, and just reuse an existing scene name and expect it to work. But additional outcomes can be added in, or the scene can be converted to a more non-con feel, as I've seen a common NC mod that alters the office harassment event to make the boss have a more demanding tone as you progress and he feels more controlling.

Last edited:

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah its like reading a blog post that always goes something like this
"This afternoon.. I mean.. month, I decided to add...."
It actually might take longer than you think. Don't even bother decompiling it, opening it as an archive (winrar works) will give you a good idea of the issue (compare it to any other game written in java if you're not familiar with structure). The dev may have gone slightly overboard trying to keep thier code from being easily copied/edited, to the point that they probably need to constantly reference lists of what variable is for what, and what function is for what. Coding probably takes forever because of that, and debugging's got to be nightmarish. It's kinda hilarious in a really sad way, since it's entirely self-inflicted.

Jul 8, 2018
It actually might take longer than you think. Don't even bother decompiling it, opening it as an archive (winrar works) will give you a good idea of the issue (compare it to any other game written in java if you're not familiar with structure). The dev may have gone slightly overboard trying to keep thier code from being easily copied/edited, to the point that they probably need to constantly reference lists of what variable is for what, and what function is for what. Coding probably takes forever because of that, and debugging's got to be nightmarish. It's kinda hilarious in a really sad way, since it's entirely self-inflicted.
It's apparently still enough to get them 800 patrons, which is a minimum of $4000 USD a month gross assuming everybody is at the lowest tier. Damn good side-side-side "I might work on it this month" hustle.

srbot2016

Aug 5, 2016
I've tried to decompile it a few years back and code was a fucking mess. I'm not even surprised that there's no new features at all. Every little thing in this game is hardcoded and presentation is mixed with game logic. I've even developed engine like this but with almost everything loaded dynamically from json files but I realized that putting content into game like this is a full time job and there's no chance that I will abandon my current job to develop adult games xD

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Majus

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
On the bright side, at least lesbian content is finally being added to the game. It only took about five years for it to start, and I'm guessing another year or two before it's fully implemented.

And to think the dev back in the day used to say he was going to add male PC at some point.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes