liyih_black

Sep 11, 2021
Also you can check this out:
It's a GoogleDoc of all the currently known custom scenes, both con and non-con and shared characters (I'm not related to this Doc in anyway, and take no credit good or bad for it's content, or lack thereof)

As for the pervy nightclub stuff, that's in the attached file, though do note it's non-con focused. I do believe there is a normal version in the Doc, though.

The events in the "additional scenes/official content" folder are ones that get triggered in game normally yes, but AFAIK putting a custom scene inside that folder does nothing unless it overwrites an existing scene without making significant changes to the actors involved. ie You can't just make a fully new scene, and just reuse an existing scene name and expect it to work. But additional outcomes can be added in, or the scene can be converted to a more non-con feel, as I've seen a common NC mod that alters the office harassment event to make the boss have a more demanding tone as you progress and he feels more controlling.
Thanks for the link man!! Really appreciate it.

I've downloaded all the Consensual files - Link[VM] & Link[YML] from Finished & unfinished sheets.
To play this additional content,
1. I have to paste all these files in newlife/additional_scenes/user_custom_scenes
2. Select enable custom scenes option

Apart from the above two steps, do I have to do anything else?

Reactions: Saminthemountain

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
The lesbian bar is basically just a custom event that got added in, isn't it?
The lesbo sex just seems so simplified compared to normal stuff

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
It actually might take longer than you think. Don't even bother decompiling it, opening it as an archive (winrar works) will give you a good idea of the issue (compare it to any other game written in java if you're not familiar with structure). The dev may have gone slightly overboard trying to keep thier code from being easily copied/edited, to the point that they probably need to constantly reference lists of what variable is for what, and what function is for what. Coding probably takes forever because of that, and debugging's got to be nightmarish. It's kinda hilarious in a really sad way, since it's entirely self-inflicted.
They use a code obscurer, it's not some conscious effort they go through every time to hide their code, the muddled mess you get after descrambling it is how they actually code.

Dev was an amateur programmer who started back when going OTT on OOP was the in thing with java, that code bolognaise is why such methods got dropped in about a year flat.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
They use a code obscurer, it's not some conscious effort they go through every time to hide their code, the muddled mess you get after descrambling it is how they actually code.

Dev was an amateur programmer who started back when going OTT on OOP was the in thing with java, that code bolognaise is why such methods got dropped in about a year flat.
The file structure is pretty odd, and thinking back on it file splitting/segment substitution would likely explain bits where it seemed to switch track randomly, so maybe there is a bit more going on that I was giving the ostrich credit for. Edit: I actually wasn't even thinking that they did that each time, I'd been assuming that they were an idiot that was trying to write the game in that garbled form (which would be time consuming).

Any idea if it's thier code or a 3rd party program (that may already have reversal tools)?

hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
New update - disappointing as ever.
well it is mostly adding a few more options in some sex scenes so less of the same one blurb 20 times. Also just moving more variables to the main npc template so you can actually do stuff with ladies in the slowly expanding lesbian stuffs

Jun 8, 2017
I've downloaded a few ymls.

How do I use them? Just pop them in the custom scenes?
Yeah you should just drop them in the custom scenes folder. Make sure you check the box in the options on the main menu that activates custom content. Then you just select the test event on the weekend time slot and then a menu should appear with which event to activate.

swagfiend

Aug 9, 2017
The file structure is pretty odd, and thinking back on it file splitting/segment substitution would likely explain bits where it seemed to switch track randomly, so maybe there is a bit more going on that I was giving the ostrich credit for. Edit: I actually wasn't even thinking that they did that each time, I'd been assuming that they were an idiot that was trying to write the game in that garbled form (which would be time consuming).

Any idea if it's thier code or a 3rd party program (that may already have reversal tools)?

It probably uses a 3rd party program, to unscramble it you would need the source code, which the compiled version won't have. Editing it is technically possible with bytecode editors, but speaking as someone with experience in editing compiled code it is a colossal pain in the ass.

Just like Lilith's Throne the dev here has gotten themselves tangled in a web of shit code, so adding new shit is now a massive effort. Why they don't just start again with what they learned is beyond me, it wouldn't be easy but it would certainly be faster in the long term.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes