drgong

Oct 27, 2019
Well, anyone have a copy to see what the bar scene is?

(Funny enough, the sleezy landlord feeling up you and your lesbian girl is actually a good scene. )

Goosiered

May 19, 2020
Does anyone know where I can find a full list of possible traits - partner effects - etc for NPCs? My NPC editor is pretty old, so I want to check if there are new ones added that I'm not aware of.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
I dont think all the various attributes are there, but if you check the help files that are contained in the zip, thats most of them.
Under the \additional_scenes\documentation\ folder there are various files with info there, and if you go into the
\custom_npc_guides\ folder, there template files and such. Other than the .odt files, you can open pretty much everything in Notepad++ directly and read whats there.
And to be honest, rather than even use the various npc creator programs, its almost easier just to make your own files based on the templates, and even then, start a game, make a save, then edit the hell out of the save since that also too is just plain json text. Although the game doesnt create all NPC at week1, some dont start to get created until week 5/6 or later.

Reactions: badlulu

ChronoSig

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2018
I like this game, its concept, its engine, but man development is slow. Each update takes several weeks and usually is only one event and some bug fixes. I know its a side project but I can only imagine it is slow to update because of spaghetti code right?

schollie7

Jun 12, 2017
Oh hey we added the ability to create a customNPC as your sleazy landlord.... Oh wait "SLEAZY_LANDLORD" is not a valid trait, NPC disabled... MF. Anyone else having this issue? I can remove the trait and it works just fine as a normal NPC just cant set as landlord.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Oh hey we added the ability to create a customNPC as your sleazy landlord.... Oh wait "SLEAZY_LANDLORD" is not a valid trait, NPC disabled... MF. Anyone else having this issue? I can remove the trait and it works just fine as a normal NPC just cant set as landlord.
You can't make custom sleazy landlords yet. That will be enabled in a future update... next year or the year after that.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
You can't make custom sleazy landlords yet. That will be enabled in a future update... next year or the year after that.
It is now possible to set a custom sleazy landlord, as requested by several people, most recently by Darth Magus I think. You can do this by using the SLEAZY_LANDLORD trait on a custom male NPC. This conflicts with other special-NPC roles. The sleazy landlord will be set to be a sleazy jerk(even if you don't add these values yourself) and will have conflicting traits (charming & traditional) removed.

I wanted to play the new version just to check out the landlord content with a custom NPC, can you confirm that you didn't use another special NPC tag or something else that might have caused that? Could you share the file?

MontyPython85

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone else getting an "Invalid trait: SLEAZY_LANDLORD" error? I'm definitely on 8.4 since I just downloaded it from here... EDIT: Uploaded my NPC yml file so it can be checked if I missed something. Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: quiboune

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
>can sort by "All Shops"

This was how it was before! You had one shop but then an actual good change was made to make little shops that specialized in clothing types. Now it's an option, as if it's a cool new feature that SO worked hard on. It's how it was before but just more clothes! The dumbest changelog sometimes, I swear...

Reactions: BoosterBoards

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
I wanted to play the new version just to check out the landlord content with a custom NPC, can you confirm that you didn't use another special NPC tag or something else that might have caused that? Could you share the file?
Apparently there's a hotfix. Hasn't been posted here, but it's 0.8.4b
Nothing fun if you try it?
The two of you can get drunk on the new cocktail and have sex. It's... fine. Nothing particularly exciting.

• Sad
Reactions: quiboune
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes