boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
There is some (not serious) competition. I remember being excited for "Accidental Woman". Apparently, the dev is a well-known Skyrim modder who, for some reason, wanted to go up against this game. He's the definition of "go big or go home." The breast size mechanic took actual in-game graphs to understand so you could pick the right bra. That too is being milked for all its worth.

I think Newlife has enough content for newcomers to enjoy and dig in but if you're like me and been playing for years... please, for all that is holy, edit your savegame via notepad++. Give yourself the values you want. Change the weight factor so you get (some) scenes you want. Newlife has a fun base gameplay loop but anything deeper isn't there.

Fuck me, 9 years... I hope we get half a new scene when we hit 10 years. That'll be grand.

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
There is some (not serious) competition. I remember being excited for "Accidental Woman". Apparently, the dev is a well-known Skyrim modder who, for some reason, wanted to go up against this game. He's the definition of "go big or go home." The breast size mechanic took actual in-game graphs to understand so you could pick the right bra. That too is being milked for all its worth.

I think Newlife has enough content for newcomers to enjoy and dig in but if you're like me and been playing for years... please, for all that is holy, edit your savegame via notepad++. Give yourself the values you want. Change the weight factor so you get (some) scenes you want. Newlife has a fun base gameplay loop but anything deeper isn't there.

Fuck me, 9 years... I hope we get half a new scene when we hit 10 years. That'll be grand.
SO: You can rely on a fraction of half of a scene just after the 10 year mark. Take it or leave it.

boobmanlord

Aug 13, 2017
I'm not sure why my comment got some likes but I imagine part of it is mentioning save editing to make the game more fun. Since it took me years before I got into it here's a quick guide on save editing for Newlife. This will let you change things for yourself and NPC's like traits and values. Don't ask me questions. I'm laying all I know here which is very little.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lastly, I'm including my save game and custom NPC's:

I shared one save but I recommend you keep two saves. I do a persistent save called "TaylorSTART". When I play I make a copy called "TaylorGAME". This lets me go wild with edits and I revert to the clean save when tired of my current game. I copy/paste my wardrobe into a new save when a new version pops up.

I hope this helps someone! Despite all the shit we like to give it Newlife is pretty fun. I'll lose a few nights just save editing and enjoying myself... but then I won't play for like 4 months and upon return I'll play what I played 4 months prior. There's still things I wish we could edit further like game code but alas.

Last edited:

infomercial

Jun 11, 2017
Any games like this? I mean sandbox games in a modern urban setting with a decent amount of hand crafted content. It doesn't have to be a FeMC game. Already played Cursed and Girl Life.

Edit: I've read about Accidental Woman up there. Is it more of a full sandbox or does it have enough unique content?

Last edited:

Cicica

Jan 5, 2018
I remember starting to play this thing years back and really loved the idea of no images, just imagination and text. Still really do, but it feels like not much more content has been added over time.
Personally, I am still missing rimming scenes from the "oral sex" section, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Possibly these'll be added in the future

FrogFrozen

Jan 9, 2018
Does anyone still have a link to that google drive with the custom scenes? I seem to have lost mine while moving to a different browser. And the Discord invite on SO's blog isn't valid anymore.

badlulu

Aug 7, 2016
Does anyone still have a link to that google drive with the custom scenes? I seem to have lost mine while moving to a different browser. And the Discord invite on SO's blog isn't valid anymore.
I think this is what you're looking for.

GhostProject

Jul 8, 2017
Newlife 1.0 was released on November 17, 2014. Its 9 year anniversary is coming up in 2 weeks.

Last month's dev update had 3 "major" changes. I for one welcome the "Added a new friendship scene that can happen if you have an innocent female friend and also own the enormous teddy-bear, Mr. Snuggles."

Still can't get over there's no serious competition here, they'd make a killing.
Girl Life takes the cake in the sim department, and it's completely free (has a small team working on it that provides updates on discord)

Reactions: SaatanaPerkele

ohwhatnow

Feb 19, 2019
Is it worth playing though?
Comparing the current state of GL to Newlife there's a surprising amount of mechanical overlap. Some of the recent updates have kicked off an overhaul on the old generic boyfriend system. The work is incomplete, but here's what I found interesting:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's far from a replacement, but I still think it's good and similar enough that some players of Newlife might want to check it out as the system progresses. Most of the other games I've seen in this sort of niche have some sort of dealbreaker for me, such as NPCs with zero agency during sex. Girl Life does a pretty decent job as a sim with procedural encounters. However, people who are into Newlife's events and traits are going to be sorely disappointed. Given Newlife's pitiful content cycles it makes me pretty happy to see other games take a similar path.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes