smith66

Aug 24, 2017
so after checking to see what the ambitious trait does i have to ask what exactly does it do? i tried a save with it and without it and didnt really notice any difference
It does stuff like if you get a promotion or win a contest you get an increased reduction to stress. Also your more likely to get the option to have sex with the dance contest judge, or use sex to get ahead in other ways to.

Gizmo1206

Dec 11, 2017
It does stuff like if you get a promotion or win a contest you get an increased reduction to stress. Also your more likely to get the option to have sex with the dance contest judge, or use sex to get ahead in other ways to.
so do you get the option without the trait? since it would be nice to still have those options without the increased stress

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
so do you get the option without the trait? since it would be nice to still have those options without the increased stress
Sorry my wording was poor I meant you if get a promotion or win at something your stress goes down even more then it would without it. I think their are other ways to get that stuff to but this would be one way for say a non slutty type to get it.

Rakger

May 25, 2017
Great update, really amazing, well worth the 2 month wait!

No, this is absolutely the single worst release of the game I've seen! One new scene, and like usual these days, it's tied to a certain trait and needs various conditions to even have a chance to trigger, meaning you need to create a character with specific traits in minds to even get to see the scene. The worst part is that it's a user committed one and could be gotten from the discord channel (a while back anyway) for free. Then there is the usual minor changes & bug fixes, which doesn't bring any important changes to the game at all. Unless SO gets his or hers head out of the ass and hire that writer, I consider this game to be dying, and not very far from actual death at this point if the next update isn't a huge one.

Which is a damned shame, considering I supported this game for over 3 years and it was so promising at the start, not only was the game released with pretty much everything you can do now, bar all the new scenes and mechanics added along the way, SO also updated it twice per month, each with way more content than this sad excuse for a release. SO also interacted with us supporters, listened to suggestions, answered our questions in a timely manner, not only on Patreon, but on the blog as well. Posted news, updates, thoughts about the games future and so forth. That was way back 2015, when the game had a very modest support and got like 3-400$ from patreon.

Then the money started rolling in, it was something like 6-7k per month before s/he hid it from the users and supporters, then updates became monthly and the content released was actually less than when it was updated more frequently in the earlier versions. Not only that, that monthly income was not enough to spend more time working on the game for some reason. Perhaps SO has a very well payed job, so s/he could be speaking the truth for all I know. However, very few people make that much money working as programmers where I live, and the salaries here are actually a bit higher in general than in the UK. And then SO suddenly revealed that s/he had a mysterious disease, which made it hard to work on the game in general. Sounds suspicious doesn't it?

At least SO was honest enough to pause patreon charging people in April from what I read. However, this update just fucking sucks, no if's, but's, whys or hows in terms of excuses can change the simple fact that it sucks! It makes me feel better and more certain that canceling my patronage was the right choice. I just feel extremely sad and disappointed that this game, which still is miles better than any other similar games in the genre, is pretty much a lost cause. :(
have you tried playing accidental woman v.010? I'd rather stay with Newlife for now

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
lol any1 who support a game with 1K patreons (meaning shit ton of $) for 3 years while it had barely any update(aka no worth the money it gets,not even near) and no ending on the horizon deserve to get milked,scammed and beaten maybe then they'll learn some common sense. i've buried this game so long ago since it just reek of scam.

netsrac

Dec 17, 2017
I was a patron of this game for three months about 18 months ago. In those three months, next to nothing was added to the game. Well new stuff was added, if you character had X and Y trait, but did not have trait Z + you had to pick the right choice for some rare event, while wearing a certain pair of shoes.
Seems like it is still like that
So much potential yet so little care for anything but $
This game is like most Hollywood movies and AAA games. They don't care what people want and wish for. They just care about what they are willing to pay for :mad:
As long as enough people are willing to pay for shit, they will keep throwing shit at us.
Old man Netsrac rant off :FeelsBadMan:

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
The added scenes are not the problem, it's the fact they're the MAIN source of the update that is the problem. I strongly encourage every monthly release to at least 1 of these side-scenes added, this is good value for the game and allows difference characters to have interesting events to happen to them.

The problem is that these are the primary value of the update and THAT is completely unacceptable. Even shameful. He should be adding a new feature every release, adding a few side feature and routinely fix reported bugs as they come in.

This should be what a monthly update should look like :

MAJOR
- The beta release of cunnilingus is live in this update, please let me know if you encounter any issues.
- The beta release to change position has been added as well, this may not always work as it'll depend on your traits, strength vs the strength of NPC or their preference of this sexual specific type of sexual position.
- New Traits for NPCs : Leglover (these NPCs have great fondness of legs and will ask for MC to wear skirts, short dresses as well as hosiery).

MINOR

- Added new NPC actions regarding legs during all sex positions. Only specific NPC types will perform this action with regularity.
- Added new scene for shy PC types with female party friends.
- Added new sex talks during the cowgirl position.
- Doubled the various sex comments available to the PC while having sex.
- Added new activity to gym : swimming (new content will appear next month)
- Added new lingerie type.
- Added new descriptions during cowgirl position for X, Y, Z reason.

BUG FIXES

- Thanks to A, B, C, this issue fixed.
- Thanks to D, this issue fixed.
- Thanks to E and F, this feature will be changed and will be X going forward.
- Thanks to G, this feature will have A, B, C added.

Next month, my goal is to start working on a secondary career as per Patreon survey. I'd also like to overhaul the doggy style position and finish out my plans for the pool. Have a great day!

netsrac

Dec 17, 2017
The added scenes are not the problem, it's the fact they're the MAIN source of the update that is the problem. I strongly encourage every monthly release to at least 1 of these side-scenes added, this is good value for the game and allows difference characters to have interesting events to happen to them.

The problem is that these are the primary value of the update and THAT is completely unacceptable. Even shameful. He should be adding a new feature every release, adding a few side feature and routinely fix reported bugs as they come in.

This should be what a monthly update should look like :

MAJOR
- The beta release of cunnilingus is live in this update, please let me know if you encounter any issues.
- The beta release to change position has been added as well, this may not always work as it'll depend on your traits, strength vs the strength of NPC or their preference of this sexual specific type of sexual position.
- New Traits for NPCs : Leglover (these NPCs have great fondness of legs and will ask for MC to wear skirts, short dresses as well as hosiery).

MINOR

- Added new NPC actions regarding legs during all sex positions. Only specific NPC types will perform this action with regularity.
- Added new scene for shy PC types with female party friends.
- Added new sex talks during the cowgirl position.
- Doubled the various sex comments available to the PC while having sex.
- Added new activity to gym : swimming (new content will appear next month)
- Added new lingerie type.
- Added new descriptions during cowgirl position for X, Y, Z reason.

BUG FIXES

- Thanks to A, B, C, this issue fixed.
- Thanks to D, this issue fixed.
- Thanks to E and F, this feature will be changed and will be X going forward.
- Thanks to G, this feature will have A, B, C added.

Next month, my goal is to start working on a secondary career as per Patreon survey. I'd also like to overhaul the doggy style position and finish out my plans for the pool. Have a great day!
I agree 100%.
If what you posted (or even just half of it) were what we got, I would happily back this game for the rest of my life.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*
I got the feeling (and no, I have no way to prove it), that SO, has developed the game a lot further and is just releasing a little bit every month, to keep backers hooked.
Likely it is just me and like I said I can't prove it. Then again so little content added in three years+ development. A lot of devs here have full time jobs, yet manage to release updates every month. Updates that adds a lot more to the game than this one and most of them include HD renders, which takes quite some time to do right.
Like I said probably just me, but I REALLY don't trust this 'developer'
*Tinfoil hat off*

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
What really cracked me up was when he posted an entry on his blog that said something to the effect of he was going to cut back on replying to PMs, blog posts, etc because it was all just too time consuming. LOL! That's your fucking job, man! I can't even imagine the response I'd get if I told my clients, "you know what, replying to all your emails just takes up too much of my time, so I'm not going to do that as much anymore."

When this all started, he was unemployed, and the whole patreon thing was stated to be so he could do development on the game full time, and stop job searching. I quit being a supporter long ago, when it became fully obvious to me he was just milking the gravy train.

Jul 4, 2017
I've been following this game for quite some time now, it's a shame to see how little it has progressed in that time. The skeleton is all here, it just needs more meat on the bones (scenes, things happening).

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
lol any1 who support a game with 1K patreons (meaning shit ton of $) for 3 years while it had barely any update(aka no worth the money it gets,not even near) and no ending on the horizon deserve to get milked,scammed and beaten maybe then they'll learn some common sense. i've buried this game so long ago since it just reek of scam.
This. It's really insane he can keep all these people paying him while doing absolutely *nothing*.His last release was nothing short of embarrassing.
I'm starting to respect the guy, tbh I'd do the same and milk and fool people as much as I can (they seem to like it)

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
maybe we are all dumb and THIS IS thier fetish they are paying for ? xd

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
have you tried playing accidental woman v.010? I'd rather stay with Newlife for now
You mean that glorified character creator that masquerades as a game? What is it now, a year in the making, and it still has zero gameplay outside of creating your character.

Even with minuscule content updates like this, Newlife at least has quite a bit of stuff to do in the game, something which pretty much all other games in the same genre lacks.

Reactions: Arrocha

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Meh, I can't really blame the guy. Losing interest in your project after a number of years is natural and happen to most people. What I don't understand is how there are still so many patrons, considering Newlife is quite clearly and obviously not being worked on full or even part time.

kyoko

Jun 5, 2017
This game is fun, but the character creator kinda annoys me.

Limiting the eye color based on ethnicity makes no sense. For example, it is possible for black or asian people to have green/blue eyes..

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes