Sepa

Jul 2, 2017
So the little rat is trying to escape...

Mmm, maybe, he's telling the truth... (?)

Nah... I don't think so.

dayryuu1995

Jun 3, 2017
So the little rat is trying to escape...

Mmm, maybe, he's telling the truth... (?)

Nah... I don't think so.
Considering he gets injuries/sicknesses every year... yeah probably not.

Also "keyboard use may have been the cause of my injury and could risk making it worse"
Who knew keyboards could be so dangerous? Im scared of even typing this right now...

Reactions: Kyraga and Kazehana
Jun 8, 2017
As someone who is a patron of Splendid Ostrich for years, it is very disappointing to see such a slow pace in new content. I do agree that a lot of scenes require a character of a specific trait and/or an NPC of a specific trait as well which to the player needing to just make a custom NPC that fulfills does certain requirements or having to save scum over and over. I think that SO also had hoped that members of the Newlife community would pick up some of the work on creating new scenes when he made scene creation a feature. While there is some scenes that are promising, some that are approved to be officially in the game, and a potential for new NC (non-consent/rape) scenes to be added as well (it would have to be a mod since it's illegal for NC stuff to appear in Newlife since SO is in the UK). I do wish more scenes are released instead of small bug fixes and the occasional new scene release. The boyfriend's jerk friend was a good update but the extra stuff like marriage, while wanted by many of the community, didn't really add much, content-wise.

Reactions: Kazehana

kymico

Nov 29, 2016
The thing is... these extra scenes are fine and should continually flow in even if there's not part of the monthly deliverable. They shouldn't however be the only thing being presented.

Furthermore, extra options should flow in as well... perhaps a new article of clothing? Or some new lines of code on how NPC talk or react? More flavor-text. I'm tired of my talking dirty being the same 2 lines.

I for one would love more sexual positions and being able to alternate between them. Where the reverse cowgirl? Spooning? 69? Being eaten out?

What about some extra options when you're in established sexual scenes? When having sex while facing each other standing up, if your fitness level is high enough you can lift your leg? Etc.

RudyMan

Jun 10, 2017
Damn I hate this person more and more with every "update". And now this "injury". Because of his "hard work" on a keyboard. Really, why no one still don't take this project, or at least start moddind it? I would do it by myself if I could. It just really sad what such game developing so long. Too long.

Reactions: Ibib and Mwanted
Jun 8, 2017
Let's just ignore the drunk date rape in Newlife.

Fans of SO are hilarious.
Hey, I'm just repeating what SO said on his blog. I know nothing of UK laws so you don't have to be a dick about it. I also think those scenes are no considered "rape", at least to SO, since you, the player, can choose that the character can kick the "rapist" out of the apartment or that you can reject his advances unless you're one of those people who think a woman can retroactively take back their consent. I think the NC stuff is when your character is threatened with death and injury, knocked out, restrained and gagged in a way that you can't give consent.

Reactions: Arrocha

retroberrii

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I'm just repeating what SO said on his blog. I know nothing of UK laws so you don't have to be a dick about it. I also think those scenes are no considered "rape", at least to SO, since you, the player, can choose that the character can kick the "rapist" out of the apartment or that you can reject his advances unless you're one of those people who think a woman can retroactively take back their consent. I think the NC stuff is when your character is threatened with death and injury, knocked out, restrained and gagged in a way that you can't give consent.
Just because you as the player can kick them out doesn't mean the character can consent though, which if she's as drunk as she can get she can't. Plus, if you play on low willpower a lot of times that option goes away.

Also, does anyone know any way to make misanthrope/asshole/cold-hearted boyfriends propose?

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Really, why no one still don't take this project, or at least start moddind it?
Because decompiling it just gives you an obfuscated, unusable mess.

Taking over, or modding to any decent degree - as in, actual modification of existing content/mechanics, not just the custom-scene functionality (which from what I've heard is itself a pain in the dick to use) would require it to be open source, and SO will never do that since his cashflow would dry up overnight

Also, does anyone know any way to make misanthrope/asshole/cold-hearted boyfriends propose?
Cold-hearted will never propose, since they can't gain love - and I suspect it requires a certain level of friendship as well, which would preclude misanthropes as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: jmueller

retroberrii

Oct 27, 2017
Aww dammit, I was hoping it wasn't love gated. If you don't give them cold-hearted even the jerks start being NICE and that isn't what I'm here for :( I was hoping there was another way to trigger it, I even tried telling an impregnator character she was saving herself for marriage hoping that would light a fire under him.

angelec

Mar 1, 2017
I had a cold hearted and misanthrope propose before. Not sure if it's related but they had the impregnator perk and I'd had six or so babies by them.

It was a few updates ago so not sure if it's still a thing.

XXI

Jan 21, 2018
Would somebody tell me if there some images in the game or not. If there's some images accompany significant scenes I'll be incline to play it. If not I'm not playing :/

I have poor reading (and visualization) skills. I'm more likely to daydream than finish the game.

OaktreeD

Aug 1, 2017
Would somebody tell me if there some images in the game or not. If there's some images accompany significant scenes I'll be incline to play it. If not I'm not playing :/

I have poor reading (and visualization) skills. I'm more likely to daydream than finish the game.
The game haven't got any images.

Reactions: XXI

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Damn I hate this person more and more with every "update". And now this "injury". Because of his "hard work" on a keyboard. Really, why no one still don't take this project, or at least start moddind it? I would do it by myself if I could. It just really sad what such game developing so long. Too long.
Yeah, it's really mind blowing how people can still give money to this milker.

Not to mention right now on Patreon there are creators with similar and better projects much much more worthwile: see (probably my favourite Creator) or (soon to have a female start)

RudyMan

Jun 10, 2017

Not to mention right now on Patreon there are creators with similar and better projects much much more worthwile: see (probably my favourite Creator) or (soon to have a female start)
Already. FE is different, but AW is pretty similar and looking really good. Sadly, both of them are too... well, rude? But at least their creators really doing something, not like this one.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017

i don't know what it is, but for some reason i just really like this game and check by on a regular to see if its gotten anywhere yet. the idea that something like this where community can make and get scenarios and events added to the game is amazing, but... yea. just not really happening. i've seen the discord and restrictions, blah blah. and pop. three? years later. not much going on. game quickly gets into just click click click repetition. the special things or couple of user things that have been allowed in require such crazy requirements to trigger, you're lucky if you see them.

seems pretty close to this, but with a little more meat and fluff to it. then nothing to do. get out of prologue, just to discover you had more fun in the prologue. because there's nothing else to do once you start the game. hopefully it is a little closer to done than this one when they hit 3 years. xD

maybe its the the character making. its GOT to be the character making. i really do think that's where the majority of my game time has gone with this one. its like Elder Scrolls new character syndrome every time i start a new update from scratch

Reactions: hatman1

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
seems pretty close to this, but with a little more meat and fluff to it. then nothing to do. get out of prologue, just to discover you had more fun in the prologue. because there's nothing else to do once you start the game. hopefully it is a little closer to done than this one when they hit 3 years. XD
Trust me, It's far far far superior in every way. Just go look at what he posted (on his site) on the parser or the AI, it's a little technical but you'll understand what I mean.
It will start very soon the phase where he (and all the writers) can start building content, just have a little more patience.

But don't underestimate Female Agent too, it has a very smart and invested creator and the storytelling and art (the "avatar") are gonna be awesome (the already are).

Reactions: kymico

Notshauna

Jul 13, 2017
I've found that if they are also impregnators who want children it's possible after you get pregnant, but otherwise I don't think so. Basically it's in terms of what he wants and unless it's something tangible you won't get it.

As for Accidental Woman it's too incomplete as of right now to come to any meaningful conclusions about it's quality. The Dev talks a good talk, but as of right now the game is completely devoid of any content. We will see how it works out, if they actually accomplish their goals then Newlife needs to step it up, because I don't see how it could compete with a fully realized AW.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes