johndoe191713

Jul 28, 2017
I made a shoddy custom event that can add or remove traits from PC or male Npcs mid-game. It's rudimentary as hell yet seems to work ( i.e the text changes accordingly, events become avaiable or vice versa, however wether traits like LIKES_BARE or PASSIONATE_LOVER change arousal or any other background stuff I don't know), you just have to change the traits you want to add/remove directly in addremovetrait.yml by following the enum_reference.odt in documentation.

Simply add contents of the file to newlife/additional_scenes/user_custom_scenes in newlife folder. Modify the addremovetrait.yml with notepad++(or anyother that works), look under effects and change the traits that are already there to whatever you want. The traits can be found in enum_reference.odt in newlife\additional_scenes\documentation.
Enable custom scenes in settings and use freetime activity "Test Custom Scenes" to access it. Choose the male npc you want to change. After the event ends the effects should apply. You can check in your traits if stuff got removed/added. I am using this purely with custom NPCs so I know what traits they have or don't.

apparently this was ez pz t so i took my sweet time reverse engineering the divorce event and in just 2 hours came up with this shit after dozens of trials and errors.
idk what sort of shenanigans the game could end up in so use at your own caution. it's not fool-proof so you might get errors

Aug 20, 2018
I got tired of men only being able to orgasm once until the next day, so toyed around with the .jar file and made it so it can happen as many times as you want. The sex scene will still end once the man orgasms, but he'll still be able to have sex afterwards. Having sex at the club won't cause the man to leave, and receiving oral sex during strip blackjack won't cause the man to leave the game. You can have sex during a date and have sex again at home, too.

Just replace the .jar and you should be good to go. I haven't thoroughly bug tested this, so there might be unusual behavior.

tysssart

Aug 17, 2017
I made a shoddy custom event that can add or remove traits from PC or male Npcs mid-game. It's rudimentary as hell yet seems to work ( i.e the text changes accordingly, events become avaiable or vice versa, however wether traits like LIKES_BARE or PASSIONATE_LOVER change arousal or any other background stuff I don't know), you just have to change the traits you want to add/remove directly in addremovetrait.yml by following the enum_reference.odt in documentation.

Simply add contents of the file to newlife/additional_scenes/user_custom_scenes in newlife folder. Modify the addremovetrait.yml with notepad++(or anyother that works), look under effects and change the traits that are already there to whatever you want. The traits can be found in enum_reference.odt in newlife\additional_scenes\documentation.
Enable custom scenes in settings and use freetime activity "Test Custom Scenes" to access it. Choose the male npc you want to change. After the event ends the effects should apply. You can check in your traits if stuff got removed/added. I am using this purely with custom NPCs so I know what traits they have or don't.

apparently this was ez pz t so i took my sweet time reverse engineering the divorce event and in just 2 hours came up with this shit after dozens of trials and errors.
idk what sort of shenanigans the game could end up in so use at your own caution. it's not fool-proof so you might get errors
It's actually a great mod, I always wanted a way to change certain NPC traits during my play-through's and now I can! Nicely done! :)

However, it works fine when I just change the traits in the original file but if I try add more than the 4 in that file, I get errors all over the place. Same thing happens if I delete the female/male parts and/or just try to add traits without removing others. Any idea why it works with just 4 and no more or less than that?

johndoe191713

Jul 28, 2017
It's actually a great mod, I always wanted a way to change certain NPC traits during my play-through's and now I can! Nicely done! :)

However, it works fine when I just change the traits in the original file but if I try add more than the 4 in that file, I get errors all over the place. Same thing happens if I delete the female/male parts and/or just try to add traits without removing others. Any idea why it works with just 4 and no more or less than that?
I have no problems on my part with 4+ trait changes at once. Make sure your traits' definitions are correct(no spaces, use _ for that, all caps) and the formatting is nice and neat(no invisible spaces). Some traits cancel out others, you can check which those are in the character creator. Otherwise you can use the "test custom scenes" option twice in one week. The file can be altered mid game whilst it's running, right before you select it for the second time so you can alter the traits to have a different effects.

Reactions: tysssart

SpideryLace

Aug 27, 2019
Does anyone know how to get a wedding where MC attends naked and/or have sex directly on the altar? I remember getting the event(s?) in one playthrough but I couldn't figure out how to redo that again.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Think the husband has to be sleazy, and when you go to get the dress, you take him with and he suggests just being naked rather than buying a dress.

Reactions: SpideryLace

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
Can't seem to make a user_created_npc. I followed what the directions told me, but seems to not work no matter what I do. Any advice anyone can give me?:(

Prawnboy99

Jul 21, 2018
Faithless_Lehane Sure, also thanks for the working file. Just so you know I've created quite a few chars (around 8) and have tried them in both types of files. (Txt and YML) and still hasn't worked. So I'll link one below.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Faithless_Lehane Sure, also thanks for the working file. Just so you know I've created quite a few chars (around 8) and have tried them in both types of files. (Txt and YML) and still hasn't worked. So I'll link one below.
Perhaps you should increase priority? All characters are usually a priority 0, so if you set yours to 1, they would always pop in

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Yea make sure the "space" and apostrophe formatting is exact, rename it to the right file extension (make sure your windows settings are not set to hide the actual file extension), and also make sure you go into the option at game load and check the box to enable custom chars.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes