Mar 23, 2019
So upon doing a bit more experimenting with how certain traits develop, and maybe someone out there already knew this, but a bf/spouse with the LIKES_TO_SHARE trait has ZERO tolerance when it comes to actually being cucked! So it does seem there is some kind of an impasse when it comes to arriving at a very specific scenario. Either you wind up with a guy who is a swinger and will be okay with the occasional tryst who refuses to raise someone else's kid or you get a whiny little bitch who will put up with cuckoldry but at a massive disadvantage to the PC's stress levels. And since bitchy PCs can't get into LTRs with caring NPCs, where does that leave us? I guess someone will have to contact Ostrich and suggest a possible future update with some kind of cuck content in mind, possibly even a CUCK trait? But it looks like this experiment is shelved for the moment.

Reactions: smith66

kaorok

May 31, 2017
Really? That's strange. WAIT, did you pick "Wants to have kids" as a trait as well? Because I've found that partners with that would be happy when you give birth, even if they're not the father, at least in the last few versions I've played.

Mar 23, 2019
Really? That's strange. WAIT, did you pick "Wants to have kids" as a trait as well? Because I've found that partners with that would be happy when you give birth, even if they're not the father, at least in the last few versions I've played.
Yes, I thought of that too, but sadly it seems that some traits take priority over others. You take such a simple concept, but it can become so complex and deep. Honestly, if Ostrich pays any attention to this thread this experiment is a gold mine of ideas. Such as coding traits to be on a scale or grade rather than just a list of functions and outputs. If he could create a way to customize NPCs the same way you customize the PC, then the possibilities are almost endless!
Can you imagine tweaking a m/f relationship or even a f/f one to fulfill so many curiosities and so many possibilities to actually implement a story element between the PC and other NPCs? A story WITHIN a story.

NextTimeMaybe

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah, I can see how that would require a whole lot of work restructuring the game's already spaghetti-like code, rather than a couple of tweaks here and there. Not going to happen :rolleyes:

kaorok

May 31, 2017
From what I've seen on Patreon, Splendid is very responsive to comments and feedback. A lot of the coding changes and bugfixes come from people making custom scenarios, which can end up getting incorporated into the base game itself. You can try leaving a comment on Splendid's Wordpress, since they reply to that as well.

Reactions: Freudian Iconoclast

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
The discord is really the best place for things like suggestions and bug notes to get noticed.

Just a heads up, however, dropping in and asking for someone in the community scene coding group to write a scene that does X will be poorly received.

Reactions: regicide123
Mar 23, 2019
The discord is really the best place for things like suggestions and bug notes to get noticed.

Just a heads up, however, dropping in and asking for someone in the community scene coding group to write a scene that does X will be poorly received.
My original idea was just about mentioning how there seems to be a disconnect between bitchy PCs acting cruelly to their bf/spouse and getting a penalty for it despite the +5 from bitchy. I'm not about to just show up on some community discord server and start making demands and telling other people how to do their job.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
My original idea was just about mentioning how there seems to be a disconnect between bitchy PCs acting cruelly to their bf/spouse and getting a penalty for it despite the +5 from bitchy. I'm not about to just show up on some community discord server and start making demands and telling other people how to do their job.
Didn't mean to imply that you would. Just some people don't see it that way, and get themselves in a situation where they irritate some of the custom scene writing crowd. I just wanted to help make sure your first experience on the discord was positive. =)

Mar 23, 2019
Didn't mean to imply that you would. Just some people don't see it that way, and get themselves in a situation where they irritate some of the custom scene writing crowd. I just wanted to help make sure your first experience on the discord was positive. =)
It wasn't... Don't wanna give away too much but let's just say I was not welcome after I mentioned a certain site.

• Sad
Mar 23, 2019
its definitely the most hostile server i've seen
I was even greeted by someone initially that seemed quite calm and friendly, but another of the more elitist patrons basically told me to fuck off. Why this kind of thing happens centered around an erotic game community is beyond me.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
I was even greeted by someone initially that seemed quite calm and friendly, but another of the more elitist patrons basically told me to fuck off. Why this kind of thing happens centered around an erotic game community is beyond me.
I'm usually quick to defend the discord community in this thread, but in this case... Well, you're not wrong.

I will say it looked like it was just that one guy. Sorry I pointed you in a bad direction.

Mar 23, 2019
I'm usually quick to defend the discord community in this thread, but in this case... Well, you're not wrong.

I will say it looked like it was just that one guy. Sorry I pointed you in a bad direction.
These things happen, and sure it bruised my dignity a tad, but lesson learned. I didn't know until that moment that f95 is considered a haven for pirates and therefore has a really bad rep amongst paying patrons. I wouldn't mind paying for Newlife at a later date, perhaps if this little situation I discovered with the mechanics of the game were worked out, but now we might never know.

gobbet

Oct 11, 2017
These things happen, and sure it bruised my dignity a tad, but lesson learned. I didn't know until that moment that f95 is considered a haven for pirates and therefore has a really bad rep amongst paying patrons. I wouldn't mind paying for Newlife at a later date, perhaps if this little situation I discovered with the mechanics of the game were worked out, but now we might never know.
You know, I was thinking a bit more about your experiment and had a thought. Have you tried making your character aromantic? She'll never fall in love, which I think will eliminate the stress penalty from making her husband/bf upset. If you want it to be a husband and not just a boyfriend, my thought is make her beautiful, sultry, flirty, charming, bitchy and aromantic. Give her all the plus to sex traits while you're at it, so she's just a rockstar in bed. Then have the PC be normal personality with doormat, likes [whatever boobs she has] and likes sexy. May as well throw infertile on him as well to ensure he's never the father (he won't know he's infertile). Find your target and exclusively date him until he proposes. Always be nice to him! Doormat just makes it so he'll never leave you, he still won't like being mistreated. She won't love him, but you'll have the option to say yes anyway. Then go start picking up other guys and get pregnant by them.

I'd advise Iron Will, too, so you don't accidentally get pregnant too early, and make him mad before he proposes.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Honestly you don't want to bring F95 up anywhere even a site like Lovers Lab where if you tell them you shag sheep no one would blink but if you say anything even remotely about piracy and it's out the door with you.

• Haha
Mar 23, 2019
Honestly you don't want to bring F95 up anywhere even a site like Lovers Lab where if you tell them you shag sheep no one would blink but if you say anything even remotely about piracy and it's out the door with you.
XD I had an early experience (like around 2013) with LoversLab. Nexus too. I didn't mention f95, but I made a subtle hint that I was using a pirated copy of Skyrim (I bought it legit a couple months later). Less than a day later a Mod kicked me to the curb with a snarky little comment. Had to make a new profile for Nexus and later on with LL.

• Haha
3.40 star(s) 35 Votes