symptom1818

Aug 1, 2017
I undestand and I agree with most of what you all have written. It might just get tiresome to read month after month the same old story about the delays, lack of SO's commitment, tiny amount of content etc. You know how they work, and especially because this goes on for many years, you shouldn't expect anything else.

Last edited:

Dnds

Out to Play
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I undestand and I agree with most of what you all have written. It might just get tiresome to read month after month the same old story about the delays, lack of SO's commitment, tiny amount of content etc. You know how they work, and especially because this goes on from many years, you shouldn't expect anything else.
I think people are just tired from games, especially the ones with potential never being finished, or being milked while the creator doesn't seem to show interest on finishing it. As much as you're right about not expecting much considering the track record, its still frustrating. Speaking as a previous patron of them.

Plowsleuth

Dec 16, 2018
Hey has anyone built any new content for this game to share? Its one of the few games that seems to support people adding to it and I'm curious whether anyone's written any story paths.

I've now read more and understand it's all written on spaghetti trash code. Sad to hear, wish someone would do a rebuild of this that was more open to community content.

Reactions: sparrow_rose

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
FWIW, I've played this game since soon after the first version was released and love it, but it hasn't changed much from then to now if we're being honest. There have been some expansions for sure, but the game has been in development for seven fucking years - it should have a lot more content than it did even three or four years ago.
I'm in the same boat, heh. Was one of his... not first, but certainly earlier patrons, back when a monthly update consisted of what we get in about 6 months now.
Remember when his stated intent was to have the game finished around 2017? :LOL:

kallabunga

Sep 4, 2018
10 days and counting with no update, and radio silence on both his blog and patreon. anyone in the discord know what's happening, or is he silent there too?

GrimGear

May 27, 2017
Hey, maybe SO had enough and this is how it finally ends? Dev going silent and patrons still being milked for months after is a fitting finale for this game, I imagine.
I don't think so, situations like this happened before, most probably the update will be postponed till next month and he will not charge his patrons. You don't kill such fruitful business that easy.

Reactions: GTK/HLK
D

Deleted member 2095329

I'm in the same boat, heh. Was one of his... not first, but certainly earlier patrons, back when a monthly update consisted of what we get in about 6 months now.
Remember when his stated intent was to have the game finished around 2017? :LOL:
Coincidentally 2017 is when he finally started losing patreons and stopped displaying his monthly earnings altogether.

I've been following this game since 2015 (at one point I was even supporting the $20 tier) and the fact that you still can't even have a change of job speaks wonders. The core mechanics and weekly layout have failed to receive any substantial updates whilst every update seems to consist of once a play-through scenes that can only be achieved if you met an arbitrary number of traits (which really means SO needs to write less as they don't need to factor in every trait combo). Personally I also think its rather greedy that SO wants to not only earn money via Patreon but also work a full time job, his patreon earnings when they were last displayed were well above average for a UK citizen when you factor in patreon cut/tax etc.

Reactions: Nitan17

yaryaryar

Apr 30, 2018
How do you get the option to, after catching your SO cheating, to admit that he has a right to cheat?

Also the option where he tells you he's cheating because the other woman is so much better at sex?

I don't mean the "lets have an open relationship" option.

I assume its a "low self esteem" option, but I can never get it to trigger.

Nobuddy

Aug 29, 2017
How do you get the option to, after catching your SO cheating, to admit that he has a right to cheat?

Also the option where he tells you he's cheating because the other woman is so much better at sex?

I don't mean the "lets have an open relationship" option.

I assume its a "low self esteem" option, but I can never get it to trigger.
Pretty sure it's "low self-esteem" and "jerk" husband if you're talking about what I think you are. I just went in and triggered it just fine on my file with those traits.

Pajonk

Jun 27, 2017
And again here we are, 6.0 "update" which adds absolutely no new content. 4 years into development and still nothing...
He's gonna milk his patrons that are dying out quickly up to the very last one.

D

Deleted member 2095329

And again here we are, 6.0 "update" which adds absolutely no new content. 4 years into development and still nothing...
He's gonna milk his patrons that are dying out quickly up to the very last one.
6.0 is actually last months update as well lmao, he still hasn't bothered uploading anything this month.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes