dudecrush01

Apr 7, 2017
hey guys. quick question ya. i found a "bad ending" of sorts in the back alley. It made me wonder how many of these scripted auto bad endings are there?

Also, is there a way to cycle between animations? Some of them are to slow and i want to see what "happends" next.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021
hey guys. quick question ya. i found a "bad ending" of sorts in the back alley. It made me wonder how many of these scripted auto bad endings are there?

Also, is there a way to cycle between animations? Some of them are to slow and i want to see what "happends" next.
That's the only scripted one that ends specifically in a death screen. There's also like one or two that need you to get 0HP'ed in the Slums.

Sorry, nothing you can do about that in normal gameplay. You'd need to watch the animations from the Gallery instead.

Thanks so much for all your efforts!

It looks like the Black Slime birth gameover scene is DOUBLE censored?

It has a big circle pixel censor overlay.

Last time, it was just a small amount of pixelization around her vagina lips.

Should we be expecting even further censorship in future? Will it even be fixable if it's directly put into the graphics?
I did some digging before and found that DLIS includes the uncensored version of the Spine2D sprites along with the censored ones. I'm sure it's entirely possible to extract the sprites and replace the ones being used with the uncensored versions, but I don't know how to do that myself.

Reactions: f9account

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017

Been too long since I played any updates to this, but that was the only scripted bad end as of about 5-6 versions back.

For cycling animations, you can't in gameplay or the gallery but the gallery does allow you to speed up the animations.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
I did some digging before and found that DLIS includes the uncensored version of the Spine2D sprites along with the censored ones. I'm sure it's entirely possible to extract the sprites and replace the ones being used with the uncensored versions, but I don't know how to do that myself.
good to know... can you show me the ones still censored? maybe with AOBE they can be replaced easily

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Interesting. Just to be clear, we're talking about the full screen gameover scene, not the in-game sprites scene, right?

Minazuki3185

Oct 27, 2017
Well, noxtek uploaded a version with the translation now, but here's the pedantic details version if you need it in the futire.

SUPER LONG DETAILED TRANSLATION INSTRUCTIONS GO! (for windows)

1: Look at the first post and find the link next to (patch above require XUnity translator) in the first post (near the bottom after the translation post).
2: Click the (patch above require XUnity translator) link.
3: Look at the post that the link brings up. There's a link called releases near the top of the post
4: Click the releases link
5: Find the most recent post on the github page that the releases link opened. (currently 4.14.0)
6: Find the list of files near the bottom of that post.
8: In that list click on xunity autotranslator reipatcher link
9: That brings up a download for the file. Save that file where ever you want
10: Extract the .exe file from the download into into your game folder (using your preferred unzipping program, 7zip is mine)
11: Make sure that the setupreipatcherandautotranslator.exe is in the same folder as your NoR.exe (or other unity game)
12: Double click the setupreipatcherandautotranslator.exe to run it and click run if / when windows asks you if you want to run it.
13: Wait until the window that opens says setup completed, press any key to exit.
14: Make sure that window is the active window and press any key (that means whatever key on your keyboard you want, there is no key labeled /called "any")
15: The first time you want to run the translated game double click on the new NightofRevenge(patch and Run).exe that you should have in the game folder. Again, click run when windows asks about it.
16: The unity startup window should come up now and allow you to change resolution, graphics quality, and so on.
17: Click the play button to launch the game
18: The translator should now be active, however it is a real time internet based translation for the first time you encounter any text. You have to have an active internet connection for it to work. For quickly disappearing texts, like speech bubbles in some scenes it may not translate in time.
19: For all future times that you run the game you'll only need to use the normal NightofRevenge.exe
20: If you want to use a translation patch someone posts here you will first need to do everything through step 18. After that you can replace the translation files located in :
NoR 0.48\NightofRevenge_ver0.48\AutoTranslator\Translation\en
with the one downloaded from the forum.
This really helped me a lot. Thank you

May 18, 2021
Interesting. Just to be clear, we're talking about the full screen gameover scene, not the in-game sprites scene, right?
good to know... can you show me the ones still censored? maybe with AOBE they can be replaced easily
There's some game-end CGSs and some game sprites that are censored on the Spine2D level - like the birthing animations and some downed animations.

Here's my post with my findings.

Looks like you're going to need to extract the Material for the SpineAnimation, and replace it like you said.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
There's some game-end CGSs and some game sprites that are censored on the Spine2D level - like the birthing animations and some downed animations.

Here's my post with my findings.

Looks like you're going to need to extract the Material for the SpineAnimation, and replace it like you said.
ye can be done

test.jpg

you simply need to replace the censored Texture2D with the uncensored one if they packed it in the asset.

noxtek

Modder
Aug 19, 2017
Is that easily reproducible? Like if someone does manage to patch their game, can it be distributed to others easily?
i believe they used this method because is still a work in progress. the dev already have a censor, i think they only want to tune it better before applying it. it would be insane to change the kind of censorship in the middle of the development xD
but ye can be done, is just more tedious and boring, have to check all textures one by one -.-'

Reactions: secretlydiscarded

Silverly

Oct 30, 2017
downloaded the game, am stucked on main screen at start
any help please
tried the other versions i had as well
they all stopped working.. that is weird

May 18, 2021
downloaded the game, am stucked on main screen at start
any help please
tried the other versions i had as well
they all stopped working.. that is weird
Never use the mouse - shit will break if you do.

Use the keyboard/controller to navigate menus.

i believe they used this method because is still a work in progress. the dev already have a censor, i think they only want to tune it better before applying it. it would be insane to change the kind of censorship in the middle of the development xD
but ye can be done, is just more tedious and boring, have to check all textures one by one -.-'
We probably should store old builds just before the final censors are applied, then. That way, we can just swap the Texture2Ds in the final build.

Reactions: PaulaDeen
4.50 star(s) 77 Votes