ATorres69

Apr 5, 2022
Apologies for replying to a very old post, but I am on Linux and found this too. Interestingly I saw that:
- Using my default system wine, I had background music, but lots of random missing text.
- Using Bottles, all the text rendering was fine, but no background music.

I set up my own wine prefix using winetricks and just chose to install all fonts & dxvk in it, and this got both background music & text rendering working. Toggling full screen on/off is a little weird for a second or two but then it's fine. Closing the game also hangs for a few seconds before it finally closes, but besides that it seems good so far.

Might help some other Linux users.

---

Edit: I still found some issues with crashing so I went back to try and get it working using Bottles which has tended to have good OOTB configuration for me. I found that to get background music at least playing I had to go into `Dependencies` and install `gmdls` which is apparently a "General MIDI DLS Collection".. That made the background music play, but it like got stuck and echoed forever causing a messy wall of sound..

Another edit: Seems that installing the dependencies `gmdls` and `directmusic` in Bottles gets audio working as expected. Text rendering was working out of the box with Bottles for me.
EDIT: Disregard what I said below. I figured out how to install dependencies through Heroic Launcher and installed what you did. The music does sound right so it should sound right on your end too... I think, lol. I probably didn't have all the midi sound fonts before.

- - - - - Here's what I said before the edit - - - - -

Does the audio sound right? I like using the Heroic launcher for all my games so I set it up with WineGE. Something is definitely wrong on my end, LOL. The problem is, the game uses midi for some of the music, but I'm guessing the midi soundfonts aren't matching. My first play through was on Windows so I knew right away something was wrong.

Here's a video to match it with. I would check to see if the music that plays in the bar or if the battle music sound right. The music on my end sounds like clown music compared to the one in the video lmao.

I need to figure out how to install dependencies on the Heroic launcher so that I can try what you did.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 43 Votes