Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OmegaZXA

May 10, 2019
That sounds like a broken chain, where there's supposed to be another option but it wasn't coded properly or was forgotten.
Well, it would if it wasn't happening to multiple events, as I can't see bedlam screwing up that consistently. Can you remember what the events were, if they were part of the new batch or any other details that might've stood out? Aree you using RAGS 3.0.6?
Sorry that I don't remember which exact event it was, but it was either a Common or Uncommon that required 3 slavers. I do remember being able to reselect the assingnment after getting the glitch and fully submit it though.

Hard maybe. Every time I've tried to work a mod into the exploration or assignment events I've either caused more issues than it was worth, or it affected the wrong thing because the naming sense is weird there.
But... ya, I can look at doing that. Like always, no promises. I'm still trying to not die + figure out a few other requests that aren't working.
I tried looking into the code myself awhile back and just wound up VERY confused, so I can sort of understand how troublesome making extra mods is. Is there any variable for Rarity type, ie: <60 on a random roll goes to the Common quests for another randomized roll? Personally I'd be fine with just an inverter of some sort (ie: turn >95=SR into <95=SR), but since I can't make much sense out of RAGS coding I have no idea if that would even work...

Not dying is very important and appreciated!

Aetheron

Aug 5, 2017
The nature of the mod simply requires the biomancy cheat to be active. Otherwise it'd also affect players who don't want that mod conte- I forgot to carry over the flags to the new version. I'm an idiot. I'll fix that.
Yet no matter what gender I select, Create Futanari is always listed as 0%. Sometimes the option isn't there at all.
I assume these are related? I've also noticed that for certain races the 'change race' option isn't there. All the harpies, and weirdly enough goblins, appear to be immune to that bit of biomantic fuckery in the current version.

Tsul

May 27, 2017
Can we get a mod that add traits? Will seriously help for some stuff, especially checking for event flag.

Malroth00

Nov 10, 2017
Think we could get a reputation controller in the next version? I can't keep on the alluring path without shifting to either disliked or liked.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Yet no matter what gender I select, Create Futanari is always listed as 0%. Sometimes the option isn't there at all.
I forgot to carry over the flags to the new version. I'm an idiot. I'll fix that.

That's because you can't right now. I forgot to transfer Futa Creation to the new version of the mod. It's not a base game feature (and all things considered, I think Bedlam's saving adding it and race change for the twine version as selling points), so it breaks when I forget.
I'll have the fix up within the next little bit. Internet is being positively horrible at the moment, so I don't know how long the upload is going to take when I do finish the list of errors.

Sorry that I don't remember which exact event it was, but it was either a Common or Uncommon that required 3 slavers. I do remember being able to reselect the assingnment after getting the glitch and fully submit it though.
Not a problem. That does narrow it does a touch, and it was going to be a process of trial and error either way.

I tried looking into the code myself awhile back and just wound up VERY confused, so I can sort of understand how troublesome making extra mods is. Is there any variable for Rarity type, ie: <60 on a random roll goes to the Common quests for another randomized roll? Personally I'd be fine with just an inverter of some sort (ie: turn >95=SR into <95=SR), but since I can't make much sense out of RAGS coding I have no idea if that would even work...

Not dying is very important and appreciated!
I've never been particularly confused by RAGS, just by Bedlam's RAGS. Even Rough Landing and Whorelock, Bedlam's older games (RL1 and 2 are worth playing still) were weirdly done, but back then he was willing to admit it was to counter how easy it is to cheat rags.
If you were to look at most other rags games you'd probably find them to be a lot better of an experience. Like The Sinner Game by Larry_Dreamer. No unnecessary convolutions and particularly easy to understand and navigate.

To the next point, that's exactly how the dice roller works. It'd be nice if the Assignments generator worked the same, as it be a simple thing to implement the mod.

I assume these are related? I've also noticed that for certain races the 'change race' option isn't there. All the harpies, and weirdly enough goblins, appear to be immune to that bit of biomantic fuckery in the current version.
Bedlam adjusted some of the races, but I didn't see anything that suggested he modified the naming sense for them. Evidently I was wrong so I'll adjust that in the upcoming fix.

Can we get a mod that add traits? Will seriously help for some stuff, especially checking for event flag.
Already in the pot. Just trying to get it to work properly, as well as putting it in a form where I'm not totally ripping off others like Semeicardia and HideTideHermit.

Think we could get a reputation controller in the next version? I can't keep on the alluring path without shifting to either disliked or liked.
Have you tried wearing slutty clothing or restraints?
Should be easy enough to maintain without a mod, but I'll take a look. I know that rep system works differently from the one I modified for Yes Men, so it might take me a moment. In the meanwhile, Damoriva does offer good advice for the mean time. Clothing modifiers have a huge impact on those events.

Fix is coming, and it might come with the new biomancy mod. Bedlam modified how biomancy tracks targets, which will actually make it easier for the mod to control the outcome.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
are biomancy outcomes hardcoded? despite making sure to set them to work everytime on the victim, spells keep backfiring
It's more like the mod forgets the biomancy settings. Re setting your preferred biomancy options tends to help (also sometimes for corruption, but that one's usually just resistance messing up.)

...Weird. Nothing in the mod or the base game should be causing that. Slaver 4 or Slave 20, yeah. They're both slots that game start interacts with because of the Slave-Slaver and Mikaela. But 16 is a run-of-the-mill stock character slot.
I'll try and see what could be causing that, but it could be a random rags bug, but if it's repeatable I can probably fix it.
While nothing should cause it, it definitely also happens in the base game and tends to happen to longer games and during loading.

...Not sure what's causing that. I know that there are menus without them, but they only appear under certain circumstances, such as when one of the SRA uniques cast biomancy. I'll try and fix it and worst case scenario, just add the options to the menus.
While I don't know exactly why this happens, it's related to race. Can't change the race of nekos, fae, and a few others. Create Futa is also gone from same races.

Also if you talk to people, corruption disappears regardless of day-resets, this has been happening during the last few mod-versions, but hasn't felt like a huge deal.

wew2

Jun 12, 2019
To the next point, that's exactly how the dice roller works. It'd be nice if the Assignments generator worked the same, as it be a simple thing to implement the mod.
It does use a modified D20 to select assignments, it's easy to see after the change with the penalty to rare assingment in this latest patch during the first month plus the bonus after six months in the Generate Assignments timer.

Wolfy_Style

Sep 6, 2018
Hi Frank N. Stein!

Firstly, I wanted to ask you: would it be possible to add a Reset option to the Dominate or Hypnotize list of options?

And secondly, I modded my game so I can generate several new assignments for each area directly from the LD menu, much like a Crit Success in Scouting, plus a dedicated option to generate a QAYL. Do you think it would be useful to post it here?

Quorizon

Jul 19, 2018
Switch behaves strangely when you remove traits, it doubles up. I think because it appears twice in the trait removal timer. I don't play with golems much at all so it caught me out that a lot of the personality traits don't feed through that timer for them. Do they just lose them if that timer is triggered?

addasus

Oct 30, 2019
So happy to hear about a trait mod coming in the future. Corruption still doesn't seem to work most of the time even after tweaking it.

Would it also be possible to include a mod that does away with the one tertiary training limit?

Is the hard cap for slaves/slavers still 20 even with the Quality of Life tweak?

General questions for anyone:

Do the Crafting: Enchanting and Crafting Device traits do anything? I've put people with those traits as clothes and armor makers, but I don't seem to get anything special out of it.

Thank you

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
Do the Crafting: Enchanting and Crafting Device traits do anything?
Not yet, beyond contributing successes to the occasional mission, IIRC the Q&As on Tumblr. Giving them actual content is on Bedlam's to-do list.

OmegaZXA

May 10, 2019
Is the hard cap for slaves/slavers still 20 even with the Quality of Life tweak?
Yes and no. You CAN use QoL to go beyond 20 each, but it gets a little glitchy and temperamental after a while. I've had slaves show up with screwed up stats and both slavers and slaves replaced by the next one I'll recruit, just to name a few instances. Slavers seem to be a bit more stable over 20, but that might just be my own experience.

Honestly I've just been recruiting enough slavers to spare a couple for Slaving missions on the Dreadsea Coast, and if you're running Critical Success RNG just avoid the Common missions unless you really need 1 of every race.

NotEnoughHats

Mar 27, 2019
Tried using this game on RAGS 2.6.1. The game fails to load every time I attempt to start the game.
Tried again on 3.0.60, the game loads, but all the text loads incorrectly (It shows all the HTML tags, so nothing is bold, italicized or anything.)

User1810

Dec 30, 2018
Tried using this game on RAGS 2.6.1. The game fails to load every time I attempt to start the game.
Tried again on 3.0.60, the game loads, but all the text loads incorrectly (It shows all the HTML tags, so nothing is bold, italicized or anything.)
That one fortunately has an easy fix: "To avoid formatting issues, you will need to update the text to html using the in game tools along with right clicking on the main text screen, then Encoding -> Unicode."

Reactions: Zakota

PolarJade

Sep 24, 2017
Also, I have an issue with the game randomly crashing. I can't figure out anything in common between the crashes beyond it's always when I try to right click something. Usually it's to get into a menu where I can't actually do anything(i.e. leveling up with no more options), but it's not just that. I'm going to try re-installing but I thought I should let you go.

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes