Shevian

Apr 15, 2021
RAGS keeps freezing and crashing on me, after a bit of playtime. I am going to assume it is because of RAGS as my computer specs are quite good.

Would you know any way of fixing that or should I wait for the port?

I am using Windows 11, by the way.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
It's memory stuff. And yes it's RAGS. There is no fix. RAGS was the best option when this project started like 9 years ago.

You know, around the time Volkswagen got exposed for having been cheating on the emissions test.
Around the time NASA announced they found liquid water on Mars.
Before OpenAI was founded, and before AI image generation was a thing in general.
Before SpaceX had their first reusable rocket launch.
Before Fury Road / SW: The Force Awakens / James Bond: Spectre / The Martian.
Queen Elizabeth was still queen of England and not yet the longest reigning Monarch.

What I'm saying is, No Haven is OLD-OLD, not just regularly old.
Twine wasn't a very good product then - if you want to call it that now.
RAGS was even worse, but that's what we got.
For what it's worth, No Haven is pretty great. But don't expect to be able to run software that's old-old.

Mar 27, 2018
I don't think the issue is actually RAGS (although it sure doesn't help). I once decompiled the game and checked the code, back when I had idle thoughts of improving the game, and I immediately gave up on the idea because holy shit the creator of this game had a lot of cool ideas but he was definitely not a programmer. The game logic is a complete mess and I am almost sure it crashes because of some weird index out of bounds that eventually happens somewhere in one of the many extremely sloppily designed variables. I suspect that the conversion will also crash, unless this bug (bugs?) are fixed.

Windfaker

Dec 11, 2017
Just dont play this dogshit RAGS no matter what you do, you progress will eventualy waste due to infinite crash/bugs/save corruption.

Its just a fucking wasted of time right now, not to mention its just like playing a shoter game with touch pad instead of mouse.

Dude0123

Jul 14, 2018
Just dont play this dogshit RAGS no matter what you do, you progress will eventualy waste due to infinite crash/bugs/save corruption.

Its just a fucking wasted of time right now, not to mention its just like playing a shoter game with touch pad instead of mouse.
I normally make into html using rags2html and then play so very less crash and bugs.

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes