Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
For those interested, a quick recap of what each stat does. Perhaps Alvir might want to include it as a tooltip upon character creation? Trying not to go full-blown number cruncher to keep the post short. ;)

Base stats are capped to 8 min and 18 max upon creation and start out at 10.
Increasing a stat costs 2 points at 14-15 and 3 at 16-17.

Strength (STR): Affects Force Martial Arts, Athletics and Swimming gains.
Agility (AGI): Affects Agile Martial Arts, Cooking and Dancing gains.
Constitution (CON): Affects Cleaning, Endurance and Fitness gains.
Intelligence (INT): Affects Knowledge gains (all three types).
Wisdom (WIS): Affects Perception, Reasoning and Willpower gains.
Charisma (CHA): Affects Acting, Persuasion and Refinement gains. Directly affects two choices at the time. Current maximum required is 14.
Yep, need to add it as a tooltip! Good job on pointing it out and explaining stat-skill relations! More stat and skill checks to follow in future updates;)

Oct 26, 2017
Always glad to be of help. Do let me know if the reports are getting a bit overwhelming though, I tend to test *everything* (except graphics and audio) once I really get into something. You could say it's a former occupational hazard. :sneaky:

- [Character creation] The player is unable to lower a skill if they set it to rank 5. Up to two skills can be set to rank 5 by the player (normal play, no exploits) as long as no perk is obtained with the initial 100 points so if they spend all of their points on those two, there is no turning back.
- [Character creation, cosmetic?] MC's default origin isn't highlighted (Holy Spartan Empire), I do need to test if this results into a None error but I believe that's just cosmetic and it'll still default to this if the player doesn't select anything there (confirmed to be cosmetic; just displays Origin: None instead of Origin: Holy Spartan Empire if not explicitly selected by the player). The player can also select both the stick of power and the trusty old sword, though that is probably intended.
- [Rule manager] Initially doesn't save custom settings but fixes itself afterwards. The default options (forbid pocket money, allow everything else for the active heroine and no additional expenses for the household) will come back after reloading on day 1.
- [Schedule manager] Will reset in a similar manner when reloading, apparently loading the schedule for the previous day.
- [Exhaustion day skip] I'm not entirely sure it's exhaustion-related but the day stays the same. Minor for now really as you still get to set the schedule as usual, the player and active heroine just remain on the same calendar day.
- [Clock] Looks a bit more complex than I thought. Sometimes it even shows nighttime before starting the schedule or early daytime when about to go to bed and done with the schedule. It's just cosmetic since it won't affect the schedule either way, so don't worry too much about it!
- [Interface: Jobs] "No jobs available" tooltip on the theatre button. Really minor, cosmetic.
- [Interface: Shopping] After buying an item, the description label follows the player around (it showed up on multiple occasions at home or during actions where the lower part of the screen isn't bright, such as resting)
- [Harsh intimacy] Harsh actions silently fail to trigger any dialogue reaction when the player requests them from the active heroine (and also for the MC themselves). Will have to reproduce the case where it also happens with normal interactions; with 30+ love (which is intended) it works just fine and displays the proper visuals for the MC's gender. Have yet to test forced intimacy because... well, I'm not a beast! :)

A slight inconvenience is "lost" excess experience and arousal due to the check requiring 101 points for arousal and a Niwair visit to upgrade skills that have reached 100 points (the gold cost isn't a problem - players will make more than enough money by the time they hit 100 as long as they properly balance their earnings).
For orgasms: Unless the game does require 101 points or more for an orgasm to happen, maybe changing the arousal check to >=100 or >99? This isn't really important but since the values are multiples of 5 or 10, one orgasm is almost always "wasted". ;)
For skills: "Pooling" excess experience shouldn't be an issue as long as it considers the new level that isn't yet achieved to divide the gain, otherwise it would obviously be abusable - purposefully staying on rank 0 or 1 for the full gain and then unpooling a whole 500 points; can also be recalculated upon removing it from the pool. Again, this isn't really a priority.

Edit:
- Removed weekly expenses not getting substracted (seems to be situational)
- Removed exhaustion persistence (not entirely obvious but if you get exhausted, rest like crazy, and once more at 100 energy)
- Removed joy cap (situational)
- Added schedule manager glitch on load

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Alvir

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Always glad to be of help. Do let me know if the reports are getting a bit overwhelming though, I tend to test *everything* (except graphics and audio) once I really get into something. You could say it's a former occupational hazard. :sneaky:

- [Character creation] The player is unable to lower a skill if they set it to rank 5. Up to two skills can be set to rank 5 by the player (normal play, no exploits) as long as no perk is obtained with the initial 100 points so if they spend all of their points on those two, there is no turning back.
- [Character creation, cosmetic?] MC's default origin isn't highlighted (Holy Spartan Empire), I do need to test if this results into a None error but I believe that's just cosmetic and it'll still default to this if the player doesn't select anything there (confirmed to be cosmetic; just displays Origin: None instead of Origin: Holy Spartan Empire if not explicitly selected by the player). The player can also select both the stick of power and the trusty old sword, though that is probably intended.
- [Rule manager] Initially doesn't save custom settings but fixes itself afterwards. The default options (forbid pocket money, allow everything else for the active heroine and no additional expenses for the household) will come back after reloading on day 1.
- [Weekly expenses] Gold from settings doesn't seem to get substracted (same for base rent). I'll make sure I'm understanding this correctly, but at the end of the week, I've pretty much only paid for the lessons even when setting nymph care, lavish meals and daily automated cleaning. Granted, if you're challenging yourself with 8 to all stats for fun (and no perks at all), it makes things a little bit easier to manage without going insane. Hell, I could even make it 3 for true D&D style but now that's really crazy and skills will take way longer to grow - and technically cheating in reverse too ;)
- [Exhaustion day skip] I'm not entirely sure it's exhaustion-related but the day stays the same. Minor for now really as you still get to set the schedule as usual, the player and active heroine just remain on the same calendar day.
- [Exhaustion persistence] Need to test this one further but even at full health, exhaustion seems to persist for one more day. Possibly intended.
- [Clock] Looks a bit more complex than I thought. Sometimes it even shows nighttime before starting the schedule or early daytime when about to go to bed and done with the schedule. It's just cosmetic since it won't affect the schedule either way, so don't worry too much about it!
- [Interface: Jobs] "No jobs available" tooltip on the theatre button. Really minor, cosmetic.
- [Interface: Shopping] After buying an item, the description label follows the player around (it showed up on multiple occasions at home or during actions where the lower part of the screen isn't bright, such as resting)
- [Normal/Harsh intimacy] Normal and harsh actions silently fail to trigger any dialogue reaction when the player requests them from the active heroine (and also for the MC themselves). Will test it again with high lust and love to make sure; calm interactions have the intended effects.
Thanks for another round of testing!

I can't replicate that issue with skill ranks, I'll try to test it a bit more, maybe some combination of actions is causing it...

About origins will make it so the default origin is set to unknown noble. Items work as intended, as you will be able to pick more different ones as the game develops.

Rule manager - right now it needs for a player to advance 1 day to save it, I'll consider making it save immediately, but it needs some tinkering.

Weekly expenses - so, on my build they worked well... maybe I have corrected them already before, BUT, I have found a bug during this testing with some text crushing the game, so that is fixed already!

Exhaustion day skip - ok, that's a weird thing, and it is not happening to me... maybe some conditions cause this., I'll stay vigilant in case it appears.

Exhaustion persistence - this one is caused by a check that happens at the end of the day schedule, so if you restore your energy during the night, you need to wait till the next check that happens again after the day schedule.

I'll check clock behavior as I test the game, and will try to adjust it to be more precise and not appear in weird moments with the wrong time ^_^

Those interface issues have been solved, so they should not appear ;)

Actions made from heroine are buggy because I have not worked on them for some time, I was mainly focusing on MC side for now. Harsh actions are just placeholders, but all normal should work fine.

Again, thank you for your extensive testing! You help me a lot!

Oct 26, 2017
Likewise, thanks a lot for your hard work, quick replies and detailed explanations! :)

The exhaustion one was driving me nuts, I should really have checked the code heh.

By the way, to players who are migrating from the old 0.16, you might have to either update the object structure or restart from scratch or you'll run into errors as Ren'py won't find the new attributes in your saves and will error out on related calls.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
A dev that is avoiding content creep by focusing on getting the core of the game done first as a priority so they can add on other content later and have a better chance at avoiding the dreaded abandoned tag?

Fren, h-games must not be for you, as you're actually acting like a proper game dev if so, lol. (jk btw keep it up) Looks interesting.

I've noticed a bug that if you routinely opt to use the slots night to rest, eventually it breaks the clock over time and after doing so for about a week the "day" starts ever sooner, and ends increasingly earlier. ATM 1:00 wakeup and 12:00 (noon) end of day.

I also realized after intially thinking skills could level up that they cap at 100 unless paying the (headmaster) woman who hires you early on.... Is there more to the game than interacting with her? I had a couple characters show up early in game (an alchemist and one other?) but see no way to interact with them via visiting or otherwise. Do i need to reach a certain skill threshold to actually follow up on interacting with them or is it just a teaser for future content?

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
A dev that is avoiding content creep by focusing on getting the core of the game done first as a priority so they can add on other content later and have a better chance at avoiding the dreaded abandoned tag?

Fren, h-games must not be for you, as you're actually acting like a proper game dev if so, lol. (jk btw keep it up) Looks interesting.

I've noticed a bug that if you routinely opt to use the slots night to rest, eventually it breaks the clock over time and after doing so for about a week the "day" starts ever sooner, and ends increasingly earlier. ATM 1:00 wakeup and 12:00 (noon) end of day.

I also realized after intially thinking skills could level up that they cap at 100 unless paying the (headmaster) woman who hires you early on.... Is there more to the game than interacting with her? I had a couple characters show up early in game (an alchemist and one other?) but see no way to interact with them via visiting or otherwise. Do i need to reach a certain skill threshold to actually follow up on interacting with them or is it just a teaser for future content?
Thank you for playing Noblesse Oblige! I'll check that resting bug, thanks for noticing it ^_^

That was a teaser ;) NPC stories are in development, and they will be implemented after finishing the battle system that is currently in the work. so in a few updates, you will be able to get to know all the fine lasses in the neighborhood :cool:

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Thank you for playing Noblesse Oblige! I'll check that resting bug, thanks for noticing it ^_^

That was a teaser ;) NPC stories are in development, and they will be implemented after finishing the battle system that is currently in the work. so in a few updates, you will be able to get to know all the fine lasses in the neighborhood :cool:
I would recommend in a future update enabling an "unlimited/LTR (lol) mode" option, which sets the end date to a longer timeframe. Could make it a year or some ridiculously high number to be more sandboxy than otherwise.

I look forward to seeing how you further implement the shops. Not sure if it will be a thing, but the yarn/string and cloth would be good consumables in making/repairing clothing as a questline or using one of the skills currently in game. (Maybe perception lowers a chance at consuming them or something as a nice touch). More daily tasks to train the other skills I figure are in the works.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this Slave Maker inspired project is something I hope you stick with and enjoy making a fun game. Seeing you are focused on the core content is a good sign for me. Best regards.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
I would recommend in a future update enabling an "unlimited/LTR (lol) mode" option, which sets the end date to a longer timeframe. Could make it a year or some ridiculously high number to be more sandboxy than otherwise.

I look forward to seeing how you further implement the shops. Not sure if it will be a thing, but the yarn/string and cloth would be good consumables in making/repairing clothing as a questline or using one of the skills currently in game. (Maybe perception lowers a chance at consuming them or something as a nice touch). More daily tasks to train the other skills I figure are in the works.

Will definitely be keeping an eye on this Slave Maker inspired project is something I hope you stick with and enjoy making a fun game. Seeing you are focused on the core content is a good sign for me. Best regards.
Well, a longer timeframe is not hard to implement so I'll do that! shops and items will be expanded upon with the development of exploration and different work-related events, so there will be more items, crafting recipes, and quests related to item creation and repair ^_^
Yep, daily tasks are on the list, and they are not too far, so soon they will be added.
Thank you for your kind words, as they are fueling my motivation, letting me work better and overcome difficult moments that may arise during development :giggle:

Reactions: Gojii

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
finaly game is geting interesing, pls keep up in good work.
Thank you for checking out Noblesse Oblige!
Yep, and it will get better at a greater pace as almost all main mechanics are in place, so now I'll be filling it with content~ Lots and lots of content :giggle:

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Using a save from 0.17a, doing the forest exploration with female bandit, did the talk out of option, let her have her way with Suzumi... get the following error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Note: I copied save files from 0.17a to 0.18 install, then deleted the 0.17a install.

More errors after:
Are saves from 0.17a incompatible maybe?

Note #2: The slime battle was just all error's. Do you want/need me to post the multiple traceback error's I got?
Note #3: The cooking ingriediant you can find via Slime and mentioned in the Gremlin event with apprentice cook also gives the following error:

Last edited:

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
Will there be multiple students to train into a harem or will it just be the one?

Either way looks interesting, I'll definitely give it a shot! Future tags look good

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Using a save from 0.17a, doing the forest exploration with female bandit, did the talk out of option, let her have her way with Suzumi... get the following error:

Note: I copied save files from 0.17a to 0.18 install, then deleted the 0.17a install.

More errors after:
Are saves from 0.17a incompatible maybe?

Note #2: The slime battle was just all error's. Do you want/need me to post the multiple traceback error's I got?
Note #3: The cooking ingriediant you can find via Slime and mentioned in the Gremlin event with apprentice cook also gives the following error:
Unfortunately, old saves are incompatible... it all boils down to changes in code that do not get imported into old saves... that's why it is advisable to start a new game. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: Shadowen

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Will there be multiple students to train into a harem or will it just be the one?

Either way looks interesting, I'll definitely give it a shot! Future tags look good
Yep, there will be much more to come, but first I need to implement first student's story and quests. And only after that, I will make new ones. And yes? you will be able to make a harem for yourself ^_^

• Red Heart
Reactions: megamanx06

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Just eyeballed the changelog. You really did add custom portraits and tease the glory of horsecock centaurs, you wild devil. Delivering on a request in a sea of other messages? What dark sorcery is this?

Harems are fine, but I'm looking forward to the fictional fantasy day where the player as a mistress has instructed her dear students everything she knows. Toss is some alchemical mayhem and you have a very special teacher appreciation day, haha.

Anyway. Signed up on your patreon, as it seemed only proper at this point. Best of luck in the new year!

Oct 26, 2017
0.19 already? You're pretty fast. Happy New Year Alvir.

About the structural changes making the saves incompatible, you'll probably run into that a lot until you find a satisfactory final structure for the data since it's still quite early. To prevent frustration from players who grind for hundreds of game days (probably not the majority but since it's a training sim, maybe a few at least) there are multiple approaches I can suggest, ready-to-play saves from your own playtesting or a save structure updater.

The former simply allows players to use your own saves but can be extended into reassigning the variables, objects and classes with a proper structure for saves that no longer work. The latter is slightly more complicated since you have to backup the player's savedata, catch inconsistencies and rebuild the data to match the new structure before updating saves and persistent data (always backup persistent data, especially before doing anything to it).

As Laughingfox said, best of luck in the new year and keep up the good work :)

If you had a headache above and in case you don't already have it bookmarked: .
Don't be afraid to ask on or on IRC either, fellow devs would be more than happy to help.

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
could you put in a way to aquire more skill points for the mc like doing a task for exploration like a quest system and maybe have a way to end a battle faster if you are overpowered for people that want to grind maybe a blitz system where if you defeat an area you dont have to go back in but maybe eventually being able to buy buildings like a brothel and other buildings and maybe buy a better house later like a mansion but that can be way later it should also be apart of reputation

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Just eyeballed the changelog. You really did add custom portraits and tease the glory of horsecock centaurs, you wild devil. Delivering on a request in a sea of other messages? What dark sorcery is this?

Harems are fine, but I'm looking forward to the fictional fantasy day where the player as a mistress has instructed her dear students everything she knows. Toss is some alchemical mayhem and you have a very special teacher appreciation day, haha.

Anyway. Signed up on your patreon, as it seemed only proper at this point. Best of luck in the new year!
Well, I did say that I will add them, so I just kept my promise ^_^
Teacher appreciation day is a fine idea:sneaky: Will write a memo to make such an event chain ;)
By the way... Centaurs are in development, maybe they will roam the forest in ver.0.2 just saying...

Thank you for your support! I really do appreciate it!

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes