Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
0.19 already? You're pretty fast. Happy New Year Alvir.

About the structural changes making the saves incompatible, you'll probably run into that a lot until you find a satisfactory final structure for the data since it's still quite early. To prevent frustration from players who grind for hundreds of game days (probably not the majority but since it's a training sim, maybe a few at least) there are multiple approaches I can suggest, ready-to-play saves from your own playtesting or a save structure updater.

The former simply allows players to use your own saves but can be extended into reassigning the variables, objects and classes with a proper structure for saves that no longer work. The latter is slightly more complicated since you have to backup the player's savedata, catch inconsistencies and rebuild the data to match the new structure before updating saves and persistent data (always backup persistent data, especially before doing anything to it).

As Laughingfox said, best of luck in the new year and keep up the good work :)

If you had a headache above and in case you don't already have it bookmarked: .
Don't be afraid to ask on or on IRC either, fellow devs would be more than happy to help.
Thanks! Happy New Year 262177!
I'll look into these methods, thank you for your detailed suggestions!
Yep, I'm lurking Lemma Soft forums and Renpy documentation, I've found a lot of help there ^_^
Many plans for this new year, new events, polishing of existing mechanics, many new images to replace paceholders~
Thank you for your encouragement!
Wish you in return good fortune and lots of luck in this new year!

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
could you put in a way to aquire more skill points for the mc like doing a task for exploration like a quest system and maybe have a way to end a battle faster if you are overpowered for people that want to grind maybe a blitz system where if you defeat an area you dont have to go back in but maybe eventually being able to buy buildings like a brothel and other buildings and maybe buy a better house later like a mansion but that can be way later it should also be apart of reputation
Passive income, and different skill-acquiring mechanisms, will be added in future versions ^_^ Like there will be a possibility to buy yourself a new house, and build specialized rooms (like onsen, guestrooms, etc...) that will generate money, and some events from time to time ^_^

Reactions: Gojii

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
It would have a power exhange route?
Maybe, I'll add it to list of ideas, and if there will be an interesting way to implement it, I'll do that. But right now it is not on the "To Do" list.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Unfortunately, old saves are incompatible... it all boils down to changes in code that do not get imported into old saves... that's why it is advisable to start a new game. Sorry for the inconvenience.
NP, these things happen. Especially since you're focusing on game mechanics.

Started a new game, and a bug (from new save): when fighting the Black Slime, chose to fight... and the slime if called "Female Bandit" (same with both fighting with fist's or with sword, only difference is damage dealt).

Typo/Grammar: "Suzumi's stomach bulged as if you were pregnant on a final months of pregnancy..."
Should be (imo) -> "Suzumi's stomach bulged as if she was in the final months of pregnancy..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Alvir

megamanx06

Mar 13, 2019
Found a bug. If you click on Suzumi in the room it brings up the dialog for changing names, but it's still possible to click on her again while the dialog is up which causes an error.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
NP, these things happen. Especially since you're focusing on game mechanics.

Started a new game, and a bug (from new save): when fighting the Black Slime, chose to fight... and the slime if called "Female Bandit" (same with both fighting with fist's or with sword, only difference is damage dealt).

Typo/Grammar: "Suzumi's stomach bulged as if you were pregnant on a final months of pregnancy..."
Should be (imo) -> "Suzumi's stomach bulged as if she was in the final months of pregnancy..."
Thanks! I'll correct it!

Reactions: Shadowen

Oct 26, 2017
The calendar code - this one is hard to get right with array checks, a one-liner can even take care of leap years but prepare to go crazy on the math - seems right. The minor oversight is in the birthday sanity checks:
Python:
        def birthDchoiceUp(self):
            if self.birthdayM == "January" or self.birthdayM == "March" or self.birthdayM == "May" or self.birthdayM == "July" or self.birthdayM == "September" or self.birthdayM == "November":
                if self.birthdayD < 31:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
            elif self.birthdayM == "April" or self.birthdayM == "June" or self.birthdayM == "August" or self.birthdayM == "October" or self.birthdayM == "December":
                if self.birthdayD < 30:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
            elif self.birthdayM == "February":
                if self.birthdayD < 28:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
August, October and December are in the first elif intended for 30 days, while September and November are in the main if branch for 31 days. (Leading to August 31, October 31 and December 31 being impossible, but September 31 and November 31 being possible. There is no February 29 either but that one's likely intended to avoid the extra checks. Just have to swap the checks there unless I forgot something.)

Hope this helps!

• Red Heart

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
The calendar code - this one is hard to get right with array checks, a one-liner can even take care of leap years but prepare to go crazy on the math - seems right. The minor oversight is in the birthday sanity checks:
Python:
        def birthDchoiceUp(self):
            if self.birthdayM == "January" or self.birthdayM == "March" or self.birthdayM == "May" or self.birthdayM == "July" or self.birthdayM == "September" or self.birthdayM == "November":
                if self.birthdayD < 31:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
            elif self.birthdayM == "April" or self.birthdayM == "June" or self.birthdayM == "August" or self.birthdayM == "October" or self.birthdayM == "December":
                if self.birthdayD < 30:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
            elif self.birthdayM == "February":
                if self.birthdayD < 28:
                    self.birthdayD += 1
August, October and December are in the first elif intended for 30 days, while September and November are in the main if branch for 31 days. (Leading to August 31, October 31 and December 31 being impossible, but September 31 and November 31 being possible. There is no February 29 either but that one's likely intended to avoid the extra checks. Just have to swap the checks there unless I forgot something.)

Hope this helps!
Funny oversight on my part XD
Thanks! that was very helpful! I have corrected it, but it will appear in version 0.2, as I have started working on it already.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
I see a femdom tag, is there femdom x mc? D=
yes, Female Bandit x femMC, and Female Bandit X Suzumi - it depends on choices in dialogue, as you can offer her to "play" with Suzumi as payment for safe passage, and other is for female MC to offer instead herself (if she is not a stunning beauty, she will get dominated by Female Bandit)

Reactions: Evizzy89

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
It may be a bit tricky to code, especially with various characters being added along the wayside or in the future, but a fun situation that I find entertaining to write now and then is when multiple characters are getting in on the action.

For example, one demonstrating and assisting with the other fine art of oral adventures, or in a adventuring sense, a pair of plucky adventurers being pounded by the wildlife, baddies, or whatever. Bonus points if they (the duo) are being affectionate with each other in the middle of the action intensive event, be it sloppily making out or the ultimate kink-- the dreaded and amazing hand holding.

I regret nothing.

Oct 26, 2017
No worries about the "fix" coming late - it doesn't really affect gameplay, glad to hear you're already working on 0.20. Make sure you don't burn out! (In case there's a birthday event planned in the future, that'll be easily fixable without breaking saves and characters skipping a birthday that doesn't exist.)
yes, Female Bandit x femMC, and Female Bandit X Suzumi - it depends on choices in dialogue, as you can offer her to "play" with Suzumi as payment for safe passage, and other is for female MC to offer instead herself (if she is not a stunning beauty, she will get dominated by Female Bandit)
Oh yes, about this one - love the way you made her nope the shit out of a male MC without the trait. That was hilarious! :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Haha

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
It may be a bit tricky to code, especially with various characters being added along the wayside or in the future, but a fun situation that I find entertaining to write now and then is when multiple characters are getting in on the action.

For example, one demonstrating and assisting with the other fine art of oral adventures, or in a adventuring sense, a pair of plucky adventurers being pounded by the wildlife, baddies, or whatever. Bonus points if they (the duo) are being affectionate with each other in the middle of the action intensive event, be it sloppily making out or the ultimate kink-- the dreaded and amazing hand holding.

I regret nothing.
Will note that up for future idea reference :giggle:
It is doable, just needs some inspiration to write it correctly;)

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
No worries about the "fix" coming late - it doesn't really affect gameplay, glad to hear you're already working on 0.20. Make sure you don't burn out! (In case there's a birthday event planned in the future, that'll be easily fixable without breaking saves and characters skipping a birthday that doesn't exist.)Oh yes, about this one - love the way you made her nope the shit out of a male MC without the trait. That was hilarious! :D
With all your support, I'm far from burning out :giggle:
I love that encounter too, it would be quite unexpected for a male MC without the right trait, and amusing for a female one~
Will try to create more such amusing encounters;)

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Noblesse Oblige [v0.3.5] Unofficial Android Port

- 263mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Thy4nd and Alvir
4.10 star(s) 8 Votes