♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
It is part of the story. This tower is being protected by its founder, an ancient wizard, who is protecting those who live there, but the Holy Lacedaemon Empire, which occupied most of the human realm wants to infiltrate their agents into this academy to destroy it from the inside. A few of their agents have established secret slave markets to capture rare creatures and people to sell into the empire where they are sought-after commodities. So MC will have a possibility - to ally with the academy and find and expose those agents, or help the empire to kill the headmaster, and take control of this academy.

I would appreciate reviews of this story ^_^
Hm. I guess it's decent, for a start. But nothing particularly special. At least not yet.
I prefer deeper goals with more meaning to them. Goals that concentrate on power and glory.
Like Baldur's Gate, ever played that? That one is a good example of the kind of story i enjoy being a part of.

I like doing things like walking a path that leads to immortality, or to becoming a god, or some kinda demon lord.
Or perhaps some other enigmatic entity that perhaps pursues goals like the fall of gods, or the world.
I also enjoy things like dimensional travel, exploring otherworlds, maybe conquering them, or saving them, etc.

You could for example create a story where a bunch of gods vie for control over the world.
Then open a couple of paths the player could walk, like joining one of the gods or becoming one themselves and then joining the fight over the world against all of them. Then build the story around all that action. That sorta thing. :whistle::coffee:

Reactions: Alvir

BibaAndBoba

May 2, 2020
If you take the "mysterious father" perk, you can upgrade your magic skill to level 6. Is that how it was intended?

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
are there more evil roles planed as well ?
like slave or prostitute or pupet or pet ?
many different roles are planned, like ending where you may send your protege to be a tentacle breeder, but it will be difficult to do it without anyone noticing this shady deal, prostitute - sure, pet - yes, slave - again yes, also there are planned roles such as harpies wife (not a pleasant role), centaurs toy, orc plaything (VERY bad end), succubus transformation(with becoming your familiar). and this is only the beginning... but there's a lot of work to do before implementing all of this.

Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Hm. I guess it's decent, for a start. But nothing particularly special. At least not yet.
I prefer deeper goals with more meaning to them. Goals that concentrate on power and glory.
Like Baldur's Gate, ever played that? That one is a good example of the kind of story i enjoy being a part of.

I like doing things like walking a path that leads to immortality, or to becoming a god, or some kinda demon lord.
Or perhaps some other enigmatic entity that perhaps pursues goals like the fall of gods, or the world.
I also enjoy things like dimensional travel, exploring otherworlds, maybe conquering them, or saving them, etc.

You could for example create a story where a bunch of gods vie for control over the world.
Then open a couple of paths the player could walk, like joining one of the gods or becoming one themselves and then joining the fight over the world against all of them. Then build the story around all that action. That sorta thing. :whistle::coffee:
Yep~ played both parts ^_^
Well, no gods planned right now, but there will be powerful entities, a path to become a demon lord, the quest for immortality, and visiting other planes (late game), and if one will dig deep into secrets they will be able to discover that there is some real grand power struggle going on (war between worlds). But... it's all far away for now, as at the beginning we deal with simple bandits and slimes, more of this large plot will come to light as the game develops!

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
succubus transformation(with becoming your familiar)
This one sounds like fun. :giggle::coffee:

Yep~ played both parts ^_^
Well, no gods planned right now, but there will be powerful entities, a path to become a demon lord, the quest for immortality, and visiting other planes (late game), and if one will dig deep into secrets they will be able to discover that there is some real grand power struggle going on (war between worlds). But... it's all far away for now, as at the beginning we deal with simple bandits and slimes, more of this large plot will come to light as the game develops!
Sounds promising. :giggle::coffee:

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
I noticed we have the 'race' listed for our MC (as well as our current protoge). Is this something we will change up in the future, and if so, what so of effect if any would it have on the gameplay?

Like, for example, your lore mentioned rare creatures are in high demand. What if the player themselves is a big ticket item, such as the token ancient elf for their magic or the fabled beastkin for their stamina and snu shu?

(Yes, the obvious go to is what if a garbage trainer wants to change their student to something more profitable if they break and sell them?)

Or rather, how does the populance in general or the tower treat the non human types? Bit curious since everything in the cast seems to be human thus far. (Unless one of them is masking it with magic or something silly.)

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
I noticed we have the 'race' listed for our MC (as well as our current protoge). Is this something we will change up in the future, and if so, what so of effect if any would it have on the gameplay?

Like, for example, your lore mentioned rare creatures are in high demand. What if the player themselves is a big ticket item, such as the token ancient elf for their magic or the fabled beastkin for their stamina and snu shu?

(Yes, the obvious go to is what if a garbage trainer wants to change their student to something more profitable if they break and sell them?)

Or rather, how does the populance in general or the tower treat the non human types? Bit curious since everything in the cast seems to be human thus far. (Unless one of them is masking it with magic or something silly.)
So, right now it is planned that after completing some big questlines, you will get an opportunity to choose a rare race as a starting one after starting a new game (by the way, those races will be quite exotic, not a standard dwarf elf, halfling). Or you can transform into some other race after drinking some potion, going through some ritual, or completing some quests (this is a less drastic change, like becoming a demon but looking like a human with minor differences).
How will it influence gameplay... Well, with those races that are barely different from humans in appearance, you will get a few new abilities and dialogue choices. Maybe some unique quest or two. For those more unique races, you will be getting unique interactions, dialogues, some new possibilities in housing, and a race-specific questline.
+ soon I'll add nonhuman NPCs ~

Reactions: Kingsname6809

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
So, right now it is planned that after completing some big questlines, you will get an opportunity to choose a rare race as a starting one after starting a new game (by the way, those races will be quite exotic, not a standard dwarf elf, halfling). Or you can transform into some other race after drinking some potion, going through some ritual, or completing some quests (this is a less drastic change, like becoming a demon but looking like a human with minor differences).
How will it influence gameplay... Well, with those races that are barely different from humans in appearance, you will get a few new abilities and dialogue choices. Maybe some unique quest or two. For those more unique races, you will be getting unique interactions, dialogues, some new possibilities in housing, and a race-specific questline.
+ soon I'll add nonhuman NPCs ~
You could do it like this:

Potions. For temporary or/and minor transformations.
Rituals. For more serious transformations like race change. Will require mastery in magic and possibly rare ingredients.
Ancient rituals. ????????? Entirely up to imagination. I'm thinking something at the level of becoming a demi-god. Would probably require the completion of super large quests to even obtain the knowledge of how to perform one of these.

Hope this helps to organize your thoughts a bit in this regard. :whistle::coffee:

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
You could do it like this:

Potions. For temporary or/and minor transformations.
Rituals. For more serious transformations like race change. Will require mastery in magic and possibly rare ingredients.
Ancient rituals. ????????? Entirely up to imagination. I'm thinking something at the level of becoming a demi-god. Would probably require the completion of super large quests to even obtain the knowledge of how to perform one of these.

Hope this helps to organize your thoughts a bit in this regard. :whistle::coffee:
I'll write it down for future reference, thanks!

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Don't forget the glorious ancient tradition of the 'wrong place at the wrong time'. Stumbling on a ancient relic, or accidently getting too close to some of the aforementioned gods duking it out, unwittingly casting the wrong spell from a scroll or book, or it could be a 'gift' from a diety for services rendered, etc. etc.

Fantasy is pretty fun in that regards as it's a very fertile playground.

It's a bit tropey, but for example you could immediately anger all the anti futa types with having Suzumi accidently knock over and destroy a shrine of a fox type guardian or whatnot --which of course they curse Suzumi with a very potent male addition down below, which threatens to overwhelm and shatter her mind if not dealt with.

Or just add fox ears. Those are popular enough. Heh.

Wether the player starts loaning Suzu out to sate the issue, dealing with the urges themselves, or whatever, they still need to deal with or research the magic since you are technically still in a contract with Niwair regarding your wards safety. Could be an easy in to work more with the alchemist, too.

Of course, the more forks in the road you add, the trickier everything can start to be, especially if you are aiming to include morale decisions up and down the spectrum. Painting yourself into a corner in an annoyingly easy thing to happen regarding this.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Don't forget the glorious ancient tradition of the 'wrong place at the wrong time'. Stumbling on a ancient relic, or accidently getting too close to some of the aforementioned gods duking it out, unwittingly casting the wrong spell from a scroll or book, or it could be a 'gift' from a diety for services rendered, etc. etc.

Fantasy is pretty fun in that regards as it's a very fertile playground.

It's a bit tropey, but for example you could immediately anger all the anti futa types with having Suzumi accidently knock over and destroy a shrine of a fox type guardian or whatnot --which of course they curse Suzumi with a very potent male addition down below, which threatens to overwhelm and shatter her mind if not dealt with.

Or just add fox ears. Those are popular enough. Heh.

Wether the player starts loaning Suzu out to sate the issue, dealing with the urges themselves, or whatever, they still need to deal with or research the magic since you are technically still in a contract with Niwair regarding your wards safety. Could be an easy in to work more with the alchemist, too.

Of course, the more forks in the road you add, the trickier everything can start to be, especially if you are aiming to include morale decisions up and down the spectrum. Painting yourself into a corner in an annoyingly easy thing to happen regarding this.
I'll note that down ^_^
That's why I steadily try to add things without rushing it ^_^
I don't want to get overwhelmed by many unfinished dialogues and weird contradicting routes~

Oct 26, 2017
As an anti-futa myself (more like a complete dick avoider), I really don't mind as long as it's avoidable and people have the right to like their fetishes without being mocked for them. Or well, even if it isn't, it's Alvir's game. :)

I did have a lot of fun with Custom Reido Fantasy Special Edition (back when KISS was actually making good STGs, that is, about 20-25 years ago) and, well, can't exactly say the game didn't have a lot of them. It's the background story that made it special (as well as the female protagonist's ambition of reviving her lover and making a world where lesbians are allowed to exist and love each other without offending the church or nobility). With proper modding, you can get the protagonist to completely forget about dicks and monsters and it suddenly makes a lot more sense that she now just wants to rape the girl who framed her lover (and drove her to suicide) herself by torturing an army of noblewomen (and having them become vampire brides, dark elves, succubi and then unleash their female offspring on their former countries).

So yeah, don't worry about the critics Alvir, you'll always have the vocal ones who keep posting that the game should have their fetish or not exist (nothing constructive in there so you'll know it when you see it), the ones who'll just enjoy your game as it is and support you and then the ones who will come up with a large panel of ideas. Nothing wrong with very detailed suggestions like VoidTraveler posted, this helps you never run out of ideas while still keeping the implemented amount of content and the one in the works reasonable and coherent (it's possible to go crazy all by yourself and make an AAA game but I don't recommend it unless you're... crazy prepared).

As for the development plans, sounds good. Feature creep is the number one trap along with side projects that remain forever in limbo. You don't have to worry too much about the bugs since Ren'py is open source and allows the community to help you with debugging (saves some trouble with extensive playtesting, though it'll become harder and harder as your universe expands).

I find keeping a well-structured Ren'py project with labels and defs in distinct and self-explanatory files much easier to handle in the long run, as you may run into traceback hell at some point if your code reaches dozens of thousands of lines. (Not that unlikely when most of it is dialogue.)

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
As an anti-futa myself (more like a complete dick avoider), I really don't mind as long as it's avoidable and people have the right to like their fetishes without being mocked for them. Or well, even if it isn't, it's Alvir's game. :)

I did have a lot of fun with Custom Reido Fantasy Special Edition (back when KISS was actually making good STGs, that is, about 20-25 years ago) and, well, can't exactly say the game didn't have a lot of them. It's the background story that made it special (as well as the female protagonist's ambition of reviving her lover and making a world where lesbians are allowed to exist and love each other without offending the church or nobility). With proper modding, you can get the protagonist to completely forget about dicks and monsters and it suddenly makes a lot more sense that she now just wants to rape the girl who framed her lover (and drove her to suicide) herself by torturing an army of noblewomen (and having them become vampire brides, dark elves, succubi and then unleash their female offspring on their former countries).

So yeah, don't worry about the critics Alvir, you'll always have the vocal ones who keep posting that the game should have their fetish or not exist (nothing constructive in there so you'll know it when you see it), the ones who'll just enjoy your game as it is and support you and then the ones who will come up with a large panel of ideas. Nothing wrong with very detailed suggestions like VoidTraveler posted, this helps you never run out of ideas while still keeping the implemented amount of content and the one in the works reasonable and coherent (it's possible to go crazy all by yourself and make an AAA game but I don't recommend it unless you're... crazy prepared).

As for the development plans, sounds good. Feature creep is the number one trap along with side projects that remain forever in limbo. You don't have to worry too much about the bugs since Ren'py is open source and allows the community to help you with debugging (saves some trouble with extensive playtesting, though it'll become harder and harder as your universe expands).

I find keeping a well-structured Ren'py project with labels and defs in distinct and self-explanatory files much easier to handle in the long run, as you may run into traceback hell at some point if your code reaches dozens of thousands of lines. (Not that unlikely when most of it is dialogue.)
You may be assured that you will be able to avoid all dicks in this game, as all these fetishes are planned to be avoidable, so if you want pure girl run - you can have t with some male characters in the background as story NPC that just talk but do not force themselves on you. same with other things, if you don't want to see futa characters, they will not appear(manifest) in the game. Of course, it will need playtesting so that I will not forget to put all the conditions in all the spots that require it.

To not get into crazy feature creep, I have a detailed plan of game development, and all suggestions go into section *when I have spare time or completed most of what was planned*, or supplement currently planned features if they are compatible.

Thank you for your analysis and support! I really appreciate it!

PS. Custom Reido Fantasy Special Edition - has english translation? Or have you played the Japanese version?

Oct 26, 2017
You may be assured that you will be able to avoid all dicks in this game, as all these fetishes are planned to be avoidable, so if you want pure girl run - you can have t with some male characters in the background as story NPC that just talk but do not force themselves on you. same with other things, if you don't want to see futa characters, they will not appear(manifest) in the game. Of course, it will need playtesting so that I will not forget to put all the conditions in all the spots that require it.

To not get into crazy feature creep, I have a detailed plan of game development, and all suggestions go into section *when I have spare time or completed most of what was planned*, or supplement currently planned features if they are compatible.

Thank you for your analysis and support! I really appreciate it!

PS. Custom Reido Fantasy Special Edition - has english translation? Or have you played the Japanese version?
Thanks again for your reply Alvir, this is great news. Though if you change your mind at some point, don't worry; as I said, it's your game! The preconditions can be quite a hassle at times so it isn't the end of the world if you forget a check or two.

As for CRF:SE, yeah, it has a partial English translation as far as I know (hardcoded graphics - most or all buttons); for the dialogue, you might want to use a text hook (I'm not sure which one is popular nowadays but if it allows for a custom machine translation engine, deep learning ones such as DeepL should be prioritized). I indeed played the original myself.

I left a link in the older lesbian female protagonist recommendation thread some time ago, though I didn't include my old mod because I'd have to make it compatible for newer systems and honestly, I haven't coded anything in a very long time, lol. Make sure this doesn't distract you though. :)

Reactions: battali0n

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Thanks again for your reply Alvir, this is great news. Though if you change your mind at some point, don't worry; as I said, it's your game! The preconditions can be quite a hassle at times so it isn't the end of the world if you forget a check or two.

As for CRF:SE, yeah, it has a partial English translation as far as I know (hardcoded graphics - most or all buttons); for the dialogue, you might want to use a text hook (I'm not sure which one is popular nowadays but if it allows for a custom machine translation engine, deep learning ones such as DeepL should be prioritized). I indeed played the original myself.

I left a link in the older lesbian female protagonist recommendation thread some time ago, though I didn't include my old mod because I'd have to make it compatible for newer systems and honestly, I haven't coded anything in a very long time, lol. Make sure this doesn't distract you though. :)
Thanks ^_^, I'll check it out.... sometime in the future~ No worries, It will not distract me from development ;)

botanicporn

May 9, 2022
I see the creator of this game is very active. My only question is; how do i proceed from being aquantices with the girl to more? i filled up the love meter as far as I can tell, is there anything special i gotta do, or is this going to be implemented in a future update?

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
I see the creator of this game is very active. My only question is; how do i proceed from being aquantices with the girl to more? i filled up the love meter as far as I can tell, is there anything special i gotta do, or is this going to be implemented in a future update?
Thank you for trying out Noblesse Oblige!
It will be implemented in version 0.2 ^_^

Reactions: botanicporn
4.10 star(s) 8 Votes