Oct 26, 2017
Alvir Heard from Patreon supporters (can't visit the site myself, all such sites are blocked here) that you were considering adding AI background art to the game. Just to give some opinion on this, that's a great idea since landscape can be truly breathtaking and pretty close to the "real thing" with current AI levels (unlike characters looking absolutely awful even after retouching). They're also very good as a placeholder in any case. :)

If you're worried about intellectual property concerns when using AI prompts (many developers don't even bother with crediting people they ripped scripts or assets from, heh...) you can easily add a credits.txt file or similar in the root folder to include them if that's not already the case. Some wait until they have a proper "staff roll" screen but it's always a good idea to give credit at any point of the development phase (unless the person or team doesn't want to be credited, of course).

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Alvir Heard from Patreon supporters (can't visit the site myself, all such sites are blocked here) that you were considering adding AI background art to the game. Just to give some opinion on this, that's a great idea since landscape can be truly breathtaking and pretty close to the "real thing" with current AI levels (unlike characters looking absolutely awful even after retouching). They're also very good as a placeholder in any case. :)

If you're worried about intellectual property concerns when using AI prompts (many developers don't even bother with crediting people they ripped scripts or assets from, heh...) you can easily add a credits.txt file or similar in the root folder to include them if that's not already the case. Some wait until they have a proper "staff roll" screen but it's always a good idea to give credit at any point of the development phase (unless the person or team doesn't want to be credited, of course).
That's unfortunate that Patreon is blocked on your side. I'm still considering AI art, as it is excellent for nature backgrounds, but it will quite strongly dissonate with my main art style... Additionally, there are controversies about its usage, so there's that. But I may use it as placeholder art ^_^
That's a great idea about the credits.txt file, I'll use that, or just add it as an additional section in-game credits ;)
Thank you for your feedback! I really do appreciate it!

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Is there a story to carry this game or is it just a boring standard trainer/dating sim game?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
There will be a main story, and it is in process of implementation.
OK I will wait for next release to see if it has started yet. So bored of the others now I only focus on ones with good stories.

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
Android link?
Unless something has changed, I wouldn't expect an official Android version any time soon. Dev stated a few months ago that doing an official Android version would be too much of an effort for him at the time (due to time it would take to port, add Android UI bits, etc).. He did say he was planning on doing it when the game was further developed, or if he got enough Patreons he could put more time into making the game.

You might be able to use JoiPlay to play the game on Android. However I have no clue about how JoiPlay works, setting it up, etc. I just know it's supposed to emulate Windows on Androids, allowing Ren'py Windows games to be run on Android phones/tablets.... and seen it talked about here and there in other threads from Android users using it for that.

Dev post: https://f95zone.to/threads/noblesse-oblige-v0-19-alvir-studio.131091/post-9009444

JoiPlay:

Reactions: Alvir

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
What's the difference between athletics, endurance, and fitness?
Ok, so athletics will be used for heavy lifting, and SRT challenges.
Endurance will influence different challenges like surviving extreme temperatures, taking a hit and not getting knocked out, etc...
Fitness will influence disease resistance and events that are close to the theme, additionally, it will influence your physical beauty.

Reactions: someguy42

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Ok, so athletics will be used for heavy lifting, and SRT challenges.
Endurance will influence different challenges like surviving extreme temperatures, taking a hit and not getting knocked out, etc...
Fitness will influence disease resistance and events that are close to the theme, additionally, it will influence your physical beauty.
Using GURPS terms I'd call them Strength, Toughness, and Health. : )
But really Athletics is the only one that doesn't fit well IMO.

Reactions: mrttao and Alvir

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Using GURPS terms I'd call them Strength, Toughness, and Health. : )
But really Athletics is the only one that doesn't fit well IMO.
Well, it's all in the early stages so I may change some skills to be more meaningful.

Reactions: someguy42

BFC 78

Jan 23, 2022
hi Alvir I finished playing and here's my thoughts in Noblesse Oblige it is truly interesting game, but you really need to explain how to play a how to interact with the menus unless I missed it and it would be nice, if possible, maybe you could add some animations to the sex seen and I'm looking forward to more updates.

Reactions: Alvir

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
hi Alvir I finished playing and here's my thoughts in Noblesse Oblige it is truly interesting game, but you really need to explain how to play a how to interact with the menus unless I missed it and it would be nice, if possible, maybe you could add some animations to the sex seen and I'm looking forward to more updates.
Tutorial and help screen is a planned feature in near future, so I'll get to it soon. Animations... well those take a lot of time and I'll think about it when I have more content finished and polished.
Thank you for playing Noblesse Oblige!

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes