nopy.to discussion & feedback

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
I got a gig fibre connection, speed test is 930 Mb/s and downloads are ~100-116 MB/s on fast servers (Google, Steam). On MEGA I get about ~35 MB/s. On NOPY the speed varies a ton, sometimes it's around ~10 MB/s on a good day, but most of the time it's like 500kb/s.

Reactions: bit

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I got a gig fibre connection, speed test is 930 Mb/s and downloads are ~100-116 MB/s on fast servers (Google, Steam). On MEGA I get about ~35 MB/s. On NOPY the speed varies a ton, sometimes it's around ~10 MB/s on a good day, but most of the time it's like 500kb/s.
Try switching the server on the site.

2382dudubes

Mar 20, 2019
Try switching the server on the site.
Already done that, it's on the best servers according to the speedtests on

File Servers:
Europe (Germany) - 22 MB/s
Vint Hill (NA) - 9 MB/s

Cache Servers:

Ashburn - 5.5 MB/s
Amsterdam - 14.5 MB/s
Singapore - 6.6 MB/s

So I selected File Server: Europe (Germany) and Cache Server: Europe (Amsterdam) and the numbers are exactly as I stated I mentioned:
The issue is also that speed tampers off very quickly on NOPY, e.g. it will start at 20 MB/s and then tamper down to 15, 10, 5 etc within a few seconds. It cannot hold high speed. I don't have the issue on any other platform (GDrive, Mega, Steam, etc.). Maybe Europe in particular is just bad.

Kzarka

Jan 17, 2019
Something weird happened to NOPY ye, getting 429 error with zero open connections. White static IP, UK
Works slightly better for NL: download may start at least, but too many connection drops and unstable speed
anyway, issue persists regardless of dl way i.e direct https, wget, bash or jdownloader
Get well, NOPY

GalDrag

Oct 25, 2021
Hi! Newbie here. I develop my own game and would like to get a nopy account. Please, can anyone explain how to get an invitation?

Oct 26, 2017
Hi! Newbie here. I develop my own game and would like to get a nopy account. Please, can anyone explain how to get an invitation?
Unless this has changed, it is invite-only and you cannot get nopy invites at the moment. Sorry if this is no longer the case, I haven't checked in a while.

GalDrag

Oct 25, 2021
Unless this has changed, it is invite-only and you cannot get nopy invites at the moment. Sorry if this is no longer the case, I haven't checked in a while.
Well, then I'll have to find something else. Nonetheless, thanks for the answer

Spermasahne

Apr 7, 2021
NoPy doesn't work anymore, at least for me. It won't even load the "Download" button for me to click on. Wtf happened? Running out of funds/donations?

I mean, i totally understand that it costs much money for all those traffic and stuff, but not gonna donate if the problems don't get fixed - would be burned money then!

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
NoPy doesn't work anymore, at least for me. It won't even load the "Download" button for me to click on. Wtf happened? Running out of funds/donations?

I mean, i totally understand that it costs much money for all those traffic and stuff, but not gonna donate if the problems don't get fixed - would be burned money then!
Same here it seems like there's a protocol that's not been updated on their webpage. First Firefox wouldn't let med Download, but Chrome still worked. Now Chrome has stopped working as well. Opera also not functional.

Dajose

May 8, 2017
Same here it seems like there's a protocol that's not been updated on their webpage. First Firefox wouldn't let med Download, but Chrome still worked. Now Chrome has stopped working as well. Opera also not functional.
edge and internet explorer ( yes that shitty one) also give no response. Tried various solution with the common error nametag but it didnt help so far
NET_E_DOWNLOAD_FAILURE / eu-cache4.files.nopy.to ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

happens every 3-4 weeks for a long while. and with that restirciotn on download from mega you are fucked.. i wont be donwloading with anon 500 kbit speed ever.

update i posted it on nopy discord and well its been passed down to patreon...

binaryoneoone

Oct 20, 2019
Keep getting this when trying to use nopy .

eu-cache4.files.nopy.to didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
same in chrome

however according to Mozilla Nopy is not secured. (attached)
Mozilla says to inform website owners?!!
so..... uhhh hello website owners!!! a fix would be appreciated... been going on for over a month now.

Last edited: