nopy.to discussion & feedback

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I always used to download from nopy before, but unfortunately for me since a month or two ago I keep getting.

Error 403: Download session is invalid

Tested with Opera GX, Chrome and MS.Edge.
It's usually because your IP address is changing between you clicking the link and the page delivering the file.
Possible solutions:
Try using a download manager (JDownloader is free and works really well)
Use a VPN

nopy

nopy.to
Respected User
Jan 4, 2019
For those who encounter 403 errors due to their ISP, you can now use the settings page to set an alternative URL signing method that uses a cookie -

Note that it's only recommended to enable the setting if you need to, as it can cause issues when pausing/resuming downloads.

Genixs

Jul 12, 2017
A few downloads are giving error 429: you already have 8 open connections to this download server when I don't have any downloads currently running.
Edit: The downloads seems to have started now but are stopping at and resuming randomly.

Last edited:

sortx

Apr 12, 2020
The download speed in my case is comparable with mega and doesn't have that download limit, so it's pretty nice, but sometimes an error appears that doesn't let the download start.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
It's been like a week by now and I'm still getting the server error, can't download from neither the file's webpage nor via JDownloader. Just in case I checked and the file is in NA-Server2, the download just advances like a 0.01% and throws the "Server Error" message.

Also tried it in several other files with variable success rates. Out of 20 I tested, 3-4 completed with just one "Server Error" message during the download but it quickly resumed, other 3 completed but couldn't verify the files, so pretty much the file doesn't work and the rest from 0.01 to 99.3% of completion between MANY "Server Error"s and still not able to complete/advance.

I'm not mad at it tho, it's just a bit worrisome, not gonna lie but I trust work is being done so hopefully we will soon be able to resume the downloads from that server :BootyTime:

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
Hello,

I've noticed that now two zip files from two different games are corrupted with their nopy links but not their others. I've downloaded the Win/Linux version of:

https://f95zone.to/threads/lukes-way-v0-27-1-evil-user.11045/

and

https://f95zone.to/threads/alexandra-v0-97-ptolemy.8671/

The nopy links downloaded fine but when unzipped, they were invalid. However, the mega/anonfiles downloaded and they didn't have that issue. This is the first time I've seen this issue with nopy.

Any thoughts on cause would be appreciated.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Nope is getting 5 dollars a month from me. It seems like I can only download from Mega and Nope. I hope you are still trying to improve the server issues. Its been pretty bad for a few months now.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Hello,

I've noticed that now two zip files from two different games are corrupted with their nopy links but not their others. I've downloaded the Win/Linux version of:

https://f95zone.to/threads/lukes-way-v0-27-1-evil-user.11045/

and

https://f95zone.to/threads/alexandra-v0-97-ptolemy.8671/

The nopy links downloaded fine but when unzipped, they were invalid. However, the mega/anonfiles downloaded and they didn't have that issue. This is the first time I've seen this issue with nopy.

Any thoughts on cause would be appreciated.
I reported that to the mods of the Luke's Way thread and they said it was an issue with whatever you're using to unpack.
From their statement the link download should extract fine if you use 7zip.

chrisb

Nov 1, 2017
I reported that to the mods of the Luke's Way thread and they said it was an issue with whatever you're using to unpack.
From their statement the link download should extract fine if you use 7zip.
I've always used 7zip to extract. I get a data error for the archive.rpa file when extracting.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I've always used 7zip to extract. I get a data error for the archive.rpa file when extracting.
Well feel free to report it again.
I can only tell you what i did and the lack of response it got.

Bachak

Aug 1, 2020
sup maybe some of you can help me everytime I try to download something bigger my Download just stops at somepoint.
Sometimes at the 10% mark some times at the 50% mark, I tried google chrome and fire fox maybe some of you know a way to fix it

Edit: Fixed the problem by using Jdonwloader and limiting my download speed just seems weird that I have to do this or else my Internet cuts out completly

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019
I also got similar corruption problems with Amayui Castle Meister, for the record. It announced the file size of 4GB but it only had 3GB or so available for download (trying to send a 206 would stop after that).

chrisb Usually corruption issues like these are caused by filesystem misbehaving. A quick example (although not applicable in this case) is if you are using an ext4 filesystem (which has an anti-fragmentation logic) and suddenly cut the HDD power supply. Usually servers use RAID, though, so it should not fail even if such thing were to happen - unless, of course, if you decide to use dd or any similar technique which copies by blocks.
Would be hard to detect either way.

In layman terms, "possibly a filesystem failure, usually caused when doing a deep copy from an HDD to another, backup restoration errors, defrag error or a severe incident". That is probably what I would bet on, anyway.

By the way, I am unable to download anything from Nopy... Getting a fancy console message every time I try:

Access to XMLHttpRequest at ' ' from origin ' ' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
“Anyone else having the same issue?” Chromium on Linux.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
got a problem, I was trying to use the nopy download for the Reunion story which is rather large 17.5 Gb I think in parts split into 4.5 Gb, and it was so slow I went into the nopy settup and noticed it was using servers in Europe, I changed them to North America and now I get an error whenever I try to use the nopy site for download - in fact I cannot even get to the site

baxtus

Apr 15, 2021
I love Nopy, my fav choice for downloads, but I don't have the disposable money to donate

lkta

May 3, 2017
Pretty much unusable with the odd occasional burst of working but really slow for the past 24 hours. All of the eu_cache downloads are incredibly slow or just not working at all. The odd time you do get a reasonable start speed it will get slower & slower down to a few kB/sec. If you get lucky on one of the US ones it is still much slower than usual but usually able to at least download something. Usuually get 50MB/Sec+

Reactions: 2382dudubes

Richter

Jul 12, 2017
Also getting the 429 here. I tried changing the setting manually to my region in the settings, but that just leads to downloads in the multiple of hours, which also randomly seem to disconnect. Previously the downloads would be done in seconds, sometimes a minute or so.

VPN via a different country with default settings does seem to work, but also here the amount of time seems to fluctuate from a couple of minutes to 3 hours to back to 35 minutes and it just keeps swinging up and down like that.

Edit: I don't know what happened in the meantime, but something seems to have fixed for me. I have downloaded 2 things in the span of a minute, so whatever happened seems to have fixed it, even just for now. Maybe I should actually donate again :p

Last edited: