nopy.to discussion & feedback

Oct 26, 2017
nopy's great but for the last couple things i downloaded my antivirus popped up ransomware warnings for all downloads when extracting them,it seems to be a false alarm since i scanned them with the antivirus and with windows defender and both showed nothing.
Some antivirus software is known to be paranoid, especially if they rely on community trust (Norton LifeLock, formerly Symantec before they tax-avoided to Ireland) or heuristics (Avast which used to be half-good).

Multi-AVS sandbox scanners like VirusTotal can help you scan files in a sandboxed environment. If the ransomware is on your computer already, that is not nopy's fault. Also, do get an adblocker - many are permissive with sites that don't run intrusive ads or suspicious ad rotators (e.g. juicyads) and redirect unwanted traffic to /dev/null.

If you have security concerns (mostly for server setup, but even client/local issues) the usually has good advice; make sure you check the date, as most stack posts can be quite old and you don't want to get advice that was exploited in the meantime without first checking on the situation on this.

Edit: Typo fix! Thanks for the quote, lol, didn't notice that one...

Last edited:

Gizmo1206

Dec 11, 2017
Some antivirus software is known to be paranoid, especially if they rely on community trust (Norton LifeLock, formely Symantec before they tax-avoided to Ireland) or heuristics (Avast which used to be half-good).
definitly agree with this,redownloaded the same file and this time no warning

Oct 26, 2017
nopy Server 500s will cause downloads to become corrupt for very large files if relying on more than one. Tested with a (goddamnit what's with everyone's obsession with absurd filesize when it is absolutely not necessary, sorry for being stuck in 1970) 5GB file that I then turned into a 800MB archive by using simple lossless compression and removing totally unnecessary files. But I digress.

Might want to only allow connections to the same server or properly manage parallel connections when a server goes belly up, as this will destroy the entire file (while still eating massive amounts of bandwidth from nopy and still counting towards user downloaded data, e.g. for the casual 10GB reminder) if the user assumes all mirrors are failproof.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
I have been sending some money a few months now, they are still one of the better servers to get downloads from. But I have noticed I get a bad server every now and then which will not complete my file. Now that I know how it works. If the file doesn't complete in less than 3 mins(with lots of progress) its better to cancel and restart.

I'm not flooding the system but sometimes it will give me 1/10 then 10 mins later tell me the connection fail(something I forgot) or I'll get the whole file in 1 min.

Just giving feedback.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Unusable for me currently. Every download fails
Try to cancel and restart. I believe one of the servers is bad or had a bad connection.
Give it a 30 sec to 1 min test per download before canceling(Don't cancel if there is good progress).

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
Can't use Nopy at all, I keep getting
Error 429: Connections exceeded (8)
Getting the same problem. Every link is coming back with the "Error 429". I use FDM and can normally just pause active downloads and que everything up. That allows me to bypass the error as it usually only comes up when too many downloads are active. Atm, I have zero active downloads though. I tried clearing browser cache, restarting the browser, restarting the PC... Nothing seems to be snapping it out of it. Looking around it seems like DDoS attacks could cause that response so I'm wondering if the site is being hit right now.

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Maybe the service is working for some, but it's not working for me at the moment. I hope it's a temporary issue.
1628506174577.png