VN Ren'Py Abandoned North River [v0.2][BoldPilot]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
When I try to unpack it, it gives me a corrupted file error. I still can start the game tho.
Dont know if I still run into gamebreaking bug later on.

Reactions: jxd

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
When I try to unpack it, it gives me a corrupted file error. I still can start the game tho.
Dont know if I still run into gamebreaking bug later on.
Did you have more problems? or does it work normal?

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Did you have more problems? or does it work normal?
Well, the game starts and I just started to play it. Right now I dont have any problems.
My fear is just when I play futher some Data will be missing which probably got lost during the upload of the file.

Last edited:
Reactions: jxd

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
With checking it with another program, looks like the corrupt file is in the Linux folder. I have Windows 11, so it runs fine with me, but maybe people who have Linux may have a bit of a problem with it, not 100% sure, but might.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
With checking it with another program, looks like the corrupt file is in the Linux folder. I have Windows 11, so it runs fine with me, but maybe people who have Linux may have a bit of a problem with it, not 100% sure, but might.
I'll go ahead and download to find out for the dev and everyone, since I'm on Linux.

Reactions: JenMistress

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
It works fine. Archiver deletes the file, but, no game issues as far as I can tell. But, here's a replacement librenpython.so file if needed. Just extract it to:

Code:
NorthRiver-0.1-pc\lib\linux-i686

Last edited:
Reactions: v1900

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
A couple suggestions if I may. The text for speech needs a black border so that it doesn't blend into the background, the english needs an overhaul, and someone to make sure the male/female pronouns are consistent, and the options need to be written clearly for an english speaker. Other than that it's a really promising alpha version, with a good potential storyline.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Looks good so I'll try it. I do love me a good revenge story. I also saw some nice ass in the preview pictures. With all these in mind, as well as the Big Ass Tag and visuals, I'd say I'm going to enjoy this a lot.

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Looks nice but I'll wait for a compressed version. Have to save space on my phone.

Last edited:

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
I like the character models quite a bit but I will say the writing is a bit lackluster. With a bit of polish and proof reading I think this will turn into a decent game. Keep it up, dev!

(Also, I'm on Linux and everything extracts and plays fine.)

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
North River [v0.2][BoldPilot] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 1,93 GB / 170 MB - NorthRiver-0.2-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 1,89 GB / 135 MB - NorthRiver-0.2-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway! (y) Thanks! ;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.1c (hngg@f95zone) -

Bloodmoon22

Oct 17, 2020
WOW just WOW. The english versoin of the is so bad I had to quit playing it. I believe this would be a good game if you had someone who is better with the english language to help you proof read and make corrections.

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
I tried this game in the first release but waited for the next update before I give me feedback.
First off what I must agree with the people here is the bad "engrish". I see that some dialogs got improved but there are still some left and I still dont know what is happening.
Like here:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or the first interaction with Bella scene:

There are more of such scenes, I dont think this post can handle the .png file sizes tho.

There are also some graphic errors like this:

I dont think they were in the first update before.
And some content it seems is missing when I read this:

And here guys, check this out: :LUL:

But expect that, the game is pretty nice. In the beginning you get introduced to all different girls. Not all tho yet. I personally cant wait to get more content of the Flight Attendant and MC ;)
Where the story goes I cant really tell since the "engrish" is hit or miss and I think we can safely say its more about chad MC who bangs chick after chick, conquers one after the another while some bigger plot unfolds in the background.
I like it what we have, and I also like where the game is going. Thats why I dont really want to see this game ignored or abandoned because of the bad english translation.

If the orginal Language is Russian I can help them to translate into english. It wont be perfect but better what we have currently.

• Hey there
Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
I'm sorry man but the english in this game is so bad that i almost felt physical pain. :KEK: :KEK:
Most of the time you can't understand what's going on with the dialog, and sometimes you can't even tell who is supposed to be speaking.
If you want people to enjoy the game and support you, you need to fix the english translation as soon as possible.

Reactions: boraxkarloff
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes