VN Ren'Py Abandoned Not Quite Dead [v0.2] [JumboCumbo]

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Interesting take on the superhero genre so far. I hope Avery turns out to be less of a bitch eventually than she was when attacking someone who was supposed to be her friend. I know why she's upset, but you don't treat friends like that.

Could be good.

JumboCumbo I believe there is a way for you to submit a ticket to get a "game developer" tag and you may be able to ask for control of this thread as well. I'm not sure how it works, but I've seen people refer to it before.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
So i finished this update and i must say it's progressing nicely. I'm shocked that i didn't have a single lewd thought in my mind while playing. I would also say that it was intriguing to see more of the past, especially with Charlotte. I like her character even more than i did when i first played. Selena too, actually. Avery is still my overall favorite but like i said last time, i like them all just about equally.

All that said, i hope there's more than just our group of superpowered people. Even if it's just a small group, i would like to see more people with more powers. Superspeed, Teleportation, or something of the sorts. Though, i should probably wait until the plot progress more as this is only the 2nd release. It just seems like he's too unstoppable.

Anyway, i had fun playing. I'm definitely looking forward to the next after this one.

Reactions: m4pII

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Just found this VN. Really enjoyed playing it. Good looking women. Can't wait for Charlotte to read Fiona's mind about the MC. Good writing and the pace was nice. That said I think the handling of the now crippled guard was rather heavy handed. I have a hard time believing that those in charge would let someone who is so obviously stupid, aggressive, and violent, function as an armed guard over a group of extraordinarily valuable civilians who have committed no crime. Especially since at least three of them have demonstrated exceptionally lethal abilities.

However I also understand the need to move the plot forward and establish the MC's reaction to crippling someone as well as introduce how his abilities manifest and progress.

All in all a most excellent start and I look forward to your next update.

JumboCumbo

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2020
Look JumboCumbo get a Patreon,and I will be the first dude throwing money at you. I fucking love this VN.
Hahaha, thank you!

I know for sure I won't get a Patreon, but i've been thinking of getting one of those Kofi things for small tips (mostly just cuz of the electricity cost of keeping a PC rendering for 24 hours straight). I do this cuz I really like superheroes and I really like writing and posing with Daz. I'll keep doing it because I love it. No money required! But I really appreciate the sentiment!

JumboCumbo

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2020
I don't need to necessarily kill them, I'm just interested in knowing if the story has branching path options because what you said sounds horribly generic.
from what I have planned, the story will have a few different ends. I hope they're all pretty unique and not common for AVNs. I can promise there won't be a lovey-dovey happy family ending with absolutely everyone!

• Red Heart
Reactions: bottomfeeder

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Hahaha, thank you!

I know for sure I won't get a Patreon, but i've been thinking of getting one of those Kofi things for small tips (mostly just cuz of the electricity cost of keeping a PC rendering for 24 hours straight). I do this cuz I really like superheroes and I really like writing and posing with Daz. I'll keep doing it because I love it. No money required! But I really appreciate the sentiment!

Well let me know when/if it's set up

Reactions: JumboCumbo

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.2 + AdanGC Mods' Walkthrough

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
You can really see when devs have some talent in actually writing a story. Always appreciate when there is some type of structure to the narrative rather than the usual exposition dump explaining the entire back story and characters at the start.

I really liked everything about it, save for maybe the scarcity of choices. This might be the most mature take on the superhero genre we've seen so far. Not overly clowny. Not just some corruption. Not just a straight up power fantasy. Not some wish fulfillment hero simulator.

I think it tackles real issues like differences in the supers' powers and the rift that could cause. The way the government was treating them was very realistic. Cautious, paranoid, but wanting to keep complete control over the situation and use them to their advantage. We will have to see the story play out, but I bet Fiona will turn out to be a sympathetic villain of sorts. I think Avery is likely to be an obstacle going forward. Probably her and Charlotte are the only ones that could threaten MC and they seem to be going along with the government. The incident that made the MC leave will let us know the real nature of the story I think. One thing that worries me is the lack of supers. It's basically limited to this group of friends unless there are secret super heroes that stayed out of the media. That could make the possible sources of conflicts limited.

I do hope this doesn't turn out to be a really simple PG-13 style good vs evil superhero story. Something a bit gritty and "realistic" like The Boys or Jupiter's Legacy would be cool.

JumboCumbo

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2020
What's with the MIXDROP link? That site is also going down like NOPY or something??

I attached the screenshot Plz look
I originally uploaded 3 links, Mega, Anonfiles and Workupload, I think when you don't own a thread and have to flag up updates the mods create extra download links for redundancy. That mixdrop things looks pretty weird!

Reactions: Alpha Beta Omega

JumboCumbo

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2020
You can really see when devs have some talent in actually writing a story. Always appreciate when there is some type of structure to the narrative rather than the usual exposition dump explaining the entire back story and characters at the start.

I really liked everything about it, save for maybe the scarcity of choices. This might be the most mature take on the superhero genre we've seen so far. Not overly clowny. Not just some corruption. Not just a straight up power fantasy. Not some wish fulfillment hero simulator.

I think it tackles real issues like differences in the supers' powers and the rift that could cause. The way the government was treating them was very realistic. Cautious, paranoid, but wanting to keep complete control over the situation and use them to their advantage. We will have to see the story play out, but I bet Fiona will turn out to be a sympathetic villain of sorts. I think Avery is likely to be an obstacle going forward. Probably her and Charlotte are the only ones that could threaten MC and they seem to be going along with the government. The incident that made the MC leave will let us know the real nature of the story I think. One thing that worries me is the lack of supers. It's basically limited to this group of friends unless there are secret super heroes that stayed out of the media. That could make the possible sources of conflicts limited.

I do hope this doesn't turn out to be a really simple PG-13 style good vs evil superhero story. Something a bit gritty and "realistic" like The Boys or Jupiter's Legacy would be cool.
Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them!

The Boys was one of my main inspirations when making this game, I love the grittiness, realism and comedy of it all! I can assure you going forward, the game will be anything but PG-13, I've been working on sampling more gore assets, even if that means making them in Blender myself!

I love reading through everyone's interpretation of the story and what they think is to come!

Thank you once again!
~JC

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Thank you so much for your kind words! I really appreciate them!

The Boys was one of my main inspirations when making this game, I love the grittiness, realism and comedy of it all! I can assure you going forward, the game will be anything but PG-13, I've been working on sampling more gore assets, even if that means making them in Blender myself!

I love reading through everyone's interpretation of the story and what they think is to come!

Thank you once again!
~JC
As long as you don't pull any of that Acting Lessons crap with the girls i'm good :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JumboCumbo

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020

I think this is a great take on the game, well said. I agree with almost everything you said. Regarding Avery being an obstacle however I disagree. I see her more as a character who is pissed off at the whole situation whose also in a bit of shock. This leads to her letting her emotions control her actions ie; breaking into Selenas house and dropping her from the second story. She previously believed the MC to be dead. 3 years go by and suddenly her boyfriend turns out to be well, "Not Quite Dead". She's pissed at Selena for not being able to bring the MC in to the SCD. So I feel that when she finally sees the MC in person again, that's when she will eventually get her emotions in check and not lash out at her friends for failing to bring him in.

In regards to Avery and Charlotte being the only ones who can possibly threaten the MC... I don't see Avery as much a threat to the MC power wise. They both can fly, it seems that Avery has enhanced strength (we saw from her lifting Selena by her ankle) and Avery can also shoot lasers out of her eyes. But the MC was said to lift an 18 wheeler and made it look easy and Tyena estimated he can lift 200 tons. That was 3 years ago when he was first developing his strength. Who knows how much more he can lift after 3 years of training. The MC is also described to the president as the most powerful person on the planet including the other supers and also that the MC is a "living, breathing, nuclear bomb" as well as being invincible by Avery. So comparing the MC to Avery, they have some similar powers being flight and enhanced strength since no normal person can just hold someone by their ankle like Avery did. I see Avery as someone who is similar in regards to what their powers are, but she is also less powerful than the MC. We saw no indication she can lift 200 tons or is invincible like the story made mention of the MC. So if it did somehow come to a standoff between Avery and the MC (which I don't see happening as it seems she just wants her boyfriend back), the MC would wipe the floor with her and anyone else who attacked him.

In regards to Charlotte it gets a little trickier. We know she can read minds and can see other peoples memories but we don't know much more about her powers. Based on what we know, Charlotte has the abilities of an empath. We first saw this when she went silent for a while, and again when Fiona had the limo driver brought in for Charlotte to replay the MC saving the limo. We also know that she can read minds and we saw that a few times but we don't know to what extent. We know it's easier for her to read minds when the MC had his arm around her before the guard hit her with his gun so we can speculate physical touch increases her abilities. However, with empaths we can speculate that people can fight for control of their own mind. So if Charlotte tries to use her abilities on the MC and he resists them, we don't know what the outcome will be. Will it be dependent on their will power? If so, I can see the MC being able to withstand most types of mental assault's by Charlotte. We know for a fact that he's pissed at Fiona. Being that Charlotte works for Fiona, I don't think the MC would allow Charlotte to just walk through his mind to find what she's looking for but instead start putting up mental walls so Charlotte wouldn't be able to do what she is tasked with. But we don't yet know how Charlotte's powers work fully yet. We don't know about all the training the supers had with the SCD, but it's very possible that the supers would all be trained physically, mentally and emotionally. So in regards to being a threat to the MC and just based off information we know about empaths and people being able to throw up mental walls to block an empath coming into their mind, I see it as very likely that Charlotte will have a difficult time trying to get into the MC's head with force compared to if his defenses are down. But that's how empathy works in most stories. Until we know how Charlotte's powers work in THIS story, and how other people can defend themselves against it, it's a coin toss if Charlotte could be a threat to the MC. Hopefully we will see the full extent of her abilities while also how they affect other people when they try to resist her abilities

4.50 star(s) 6 Votes