BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
This game will have plenty of scenes with kinks you don't like. While they are completely avoidable and there will be some vanilla routes, I'm afraid that you will avoid so many scenes that the game might feel a bit "empty" for you. Maybe you just have to try it and decide for yourself. Take in consideration that this is a slow burn visual novel and you'll be avoiding a lot of all the lewd content in it.

But to answer your questions:
The game has 7 LIs. Depends on what you define by strictly vanilla, but at least 1 or 2 won't have any of the content you mentioned you don't like. All lewd scenes are optional, you can focus only in 1 LI and reject all other scenes. Cheating is not forced at all, you can definitely avoid it.

If you will only be interested in one LI or more I cannot predict.

You don't lose much by trying the game (besides time I guess), so you might still do it, but I have the feeling that it is probably not for you.

But anyway, I tried to answer your questions the best I could to help you decide.
Ok, thanks for the reply. I think I'll try the game to see how it works.

I like slow games, and I have little problem in that the number of scenes is low (in fact, between seeing scenes that I don't like and avoiding seeing them, I prefer the latter). As a note, indicate that I'm playing some game that I intend to end by avoiding all sex scenes (I'm that weird).

Dec 9, 2020
So, interesting game, I really like it so far. Not too into the cel shading that was heavily happening in the beginning, but seems to have toned done down a little. I do wish the renders were better.

I really like the idea of the skills tree, although for now it really only seems to be something to unlock for additional sex scenes and not affect your character in any other way? So I've just been holding my points until I need to use a skill, and for now just trying to collect points in two areas. I'm not sure if any of it affects future scenes or not, like if I picked a skill early like sex fantasies, does it trigger additional scenes for that later on in the story? or is the game mostly on rails and it doesn't matter?

I also like the idea behind puzzling out hidden kinks from people after getting enough clues off them, but since the game is mostly on rails it just seems more of an automatic thing to happen when you get to the parts you need to trigger the route.

Now for the real reason I came to post.. I got an interesting bug.. got to the part where Lea texts you but I went to pull out the phone and went through the 4 contacts, and the last one I left it was pete, closed the phone and then I clicked and only then her actual messaging came up.. except it came under pete, now it's stuck there(under his conversation, not stuck in the game) lol.

Untitled.jpg

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Good lord, I was not wrong about this game. What an amazing update after that masterful first release. I love the narrative style that cuts off scenes at opportune moments to keep things moving. We get all the relevant information for character growth, relationship progression, and plot while cutting out unnecessary chatter. This also gives you a more realistic feeling when it comes to the time scale. Many games have you going through entire days worth of happenings. Even with all the useless banter/monologues thrown in, trying to fit content in a story that is so "zoomed in" makes the speed of relationship progression unrealistic.

Carl might be the most sympathetic cuck I've ever seen lol. This is a first for me, where I actually want what is best for a cucked NPC.

As for "the one," I picked Emma. I am hoping we can pick the misogynistic skill and cure her of her femenism lol. Not sure if that will be a route for her though, hehe. I kind of find the idea of a arguing with Emma all the time but domming her in bed really hot.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I also like the idea behind puzzling out hidden kinks from people after getting enough clues off them, but since the game is mostly on rails it just seems more of an automatic thing to happen when you get to the parts you need to trigger the route.
I'd agree with this. I think I'd prefer if our pts in sen/cun/hon/man categories or dialogue choices also influenced what kind of dialogues we get. I know that the game modifies dialogues based on pts to better reflect MC's character, but I think it would be great if we'd get some kink info and/or other additional info based on our choices and if we won't talk deeply enough with some LI or be too/not enough manly or cunning towards someone then we won't get all the info.

Personally - as someone who plays adventure games and loves games like The Talos Principle - I wouldn't mind harder kink puzzles and more logical games in vein of chess puzzles in the 1st chapter, but I guess most players wouldn't enjoy it too much.

Reactions: desmosome

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Now for the real reason I came to post.. I got an interesting bug.. got to the part where Lea texts you but I went to pull out the phone and went through the 4 contacts, and the last one I left it was pete, closed the phone and then I clicked and only then her actual messaging came up.. except it came under pete, now it's stuck there(under his conversation, not stuck in the game) lol.
I’m already aware of that bug and intended to fix it before the public release of this chapter together with an extra round of proofreading, but the game got leaked 1 week too early.

The bug doesn’t trigger if you just click forward after getting the message and not open the phone. If you open your contacts, the following messages will be wrongly attributed to the last contact you opened leading to those hilarious situations. If you open the contacts, pick Lea last and the messages will go to the right place. Sorry about that, I completely missed it until a few days ago. It will be fixed soon.

As for "the one," I picked Emma. I am hoping we can pick the misogynistic skill and cure her of her femenism lol. Not sure if that will be a route for her though, hehe. I kind of find the idea of a arguing with Emma all the time but domming her in bed really hot.
Someone is good at picking up the foreshadowing hints for 1 one of her possible routes. Sort of.

femdom character and route?
You can’t miss it. Just pick enough sensitive choices to be able to buy your favourite skills, and you will end up in femdom routes for more than one character. Right now, Deb is the one with most femdom content, but there will be more girls with routes that include those kind of kinks.

sidsan

Jun 17, 2021
I’m already aware of that bug and intended to fix it before the public release of this chapter together with an extra round of proofreading, but the game got leaked 1 week too early.

The bug doesn’t trigger if you just click forward after getting the message and not open the phone. If you open your contacts, the following messages will be wrongly attributed to the last contact you opened leading to those hilarious situations. If you open the contacts, pick Lea last and the messages will go to the right place. Sorry about that, I completely missed it until a few days ago. It will be fixed soon.

Someone is good at picking up the foreshadowing hints for 1 one of her possible routes. Sort of.

You can’t miss it. Just pick enough sensitive choices to be able to buy your favourite skills, and you will end up in femdom routes for more than one character. Right now, Deb is the one with most femdom content, but there will be more girls with routes that include those kind of kinks.
I have not played your game but I would like to know how to choose which choice is sensitive or not?

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I think it would be great if we'd get some kink info and/or other additional info based on our choices and if we won't talk deeply enough with some LI or be too/not enough manly or cunning towards someone then we won't get all the info.

Personally - as someone who plays adventure games and loves games like The Talos Principle - I wouldn't mind harder kink puzzles and more logical games in vein of chess puzzles in the 1st chapter, but I guess most players wouldn't enjoy it too much.
Regarding the whole hint system, I’m happy to share my (loooong) thought process and then you guys can also give me some feedback.

The hint system went through a few iterations before being what it is now. There was a time where the hints where hidden in the text, and you’d had to mouse hover it to see it was a hyperlink (it would get the typical underline indicating that is clickable, but only when hovered), click on it, and then you’d get the hint. Since the text where a given hint was hidden is kind of arbitrary (you coud argue that many other things that the LIs say could be hints instead of the text I chose), this would lead to a gameplay where you had to check every single line of dialogue before moving forward or risk missing hints. I quickly scraped that idea.

Then I came to this system where the hints pop-up automatically. To make it more challenging I thought about hiding hints behind some choices. However, I thought this would still be a bit arbitrary and the player has no way of knowing what the "correct" choice is to pick it.

Finally, I also considered to "hide" the hints behind some free-roam sections where you have to go through all places to get them, or be at the right time in the right location, or just exhaust all options with a girl. Firstly, I don't enjoy to play or code big sandbox sections. Secondly, it is still arbitrary if I put the hind behind an event that only triggers if you go meet the girl at 11:00 at the beach, on Thursday night. How is the player supposed to know that, besides trial and error?

So, imagine the following scenario. You are on chapter 5. Your favorite girl is ready to indulge in one of your favorite kinks. Say anal sex, or footjob, or oral sex under table, or whatever. You go to the "guess the kink" screen and find out you can't get this scene because you are missing one hint. You have no idea where this hint is. For all you know could be behind a choice you didn't pick on chapter 1.

You have a few options now:

-start a new game, try to pick some different choices to see if you find your missing hint, play through 6h of content until you get to the same place and risk still missing that scene that has your favorite kink ever.

-say “fuck this stupid game, how am I supposed to read the developer's mind and know what choice to pick, or that I had to go to the pub at 11.00pm on Thursday night to meet the girl there and get my hint”, and delete the game from your HD.

-pick up a walk-through online and blindly do what it tells you to do.

I really wanted to avoid these 3 scenarios so we got the “on-rails system” we have now. The thing is, in a point-and-click detective adventure game, if you miss a hint, you can go back to the crime scene, or to interrogate a suspect, to get the missing hints. In a visual novel you can't go back. If you miss a hint, you need to reload an old game/start a new game to get it.

You might then say it's a useless, gimmick system that doesn't add anything to the game. And you might be right.

In my opinion, the "hints" plus the "guess the hint menu" systems as they are now still do a few subtle jobs:

- flavor and character development: you understand why a certain girl likes what she does. Get a look into her psyche; also, you feel like a smart sexologist that can understand the people around you through only the subtext, and you kind of have to actually work a bit for it. It might have seemed easy for you, but a few people ask for the right answers. Altogether, it gives another reason for why the girls could fall for you. You "get" them as no one ever did before. They don’t even have to speak for you to know what they want. It's not just your big dick that makes them weak in the knees :p

- helps you plan your choices in advance. Say you're really interested in a girl and there's a hint indicting she might like bondage. You don't have enough honorable points for that skill, but start making more of those choices around her to make her trust you more so when the scene comes you can get the bondage skill and she trusts you enough to accept being tied up and at your mercy for some sexy times; or, you are really into bondage, have all the points needed for the skill, but don't know which girl likes it. A hint tells you which one might be, so you start developing your relationship with her more instead of ignoring her route.

This doesn't mean I don't have other ideas to spicy this system up. There is more that can be done with this and the next updates will bring more twists to the formula. But I really want to avoid frustrating experiences like the ones described above. It needs to be on-rails, or, at least, you need to know exactly what was done wrong so you can easily reload an old game. And even this already seems too frustrating to play if you happen to miss a hint, and borderline bad game design.

Anyway, that was just my thought process. I don't know if I came to the "right" system and there might be ways to improve it and I'm always thinking about ways to tweak the game systems to keep them "fresh" and interesting.

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I have not played your game but I would like to know how to choose which choice is sensitive or not?
It is explained in the game which choices are of what kind. Basically, they have a different choice icon and a different color. You are always able to tell which choices are sensitive or not.

Reactions: n0cn1l and sidsan

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
I really like the idea of the skills tree, although for now it really only seems to be something to unlock for additional sex scenes and not affect your character in any other way? So I've just been holding my points until I need to use a skill, and for now just trying to collect points in two areas. I'm not sure if any of it affects future scenes or not, like if I picked a skill early like sex fantasies, does it trigger additional scenes for that later on in the story? or is the game mostly on rails and it doesn't matter?
It's a matter of complexity. If I start to make a lot of dialogue/scenes dependent on the skills you have, it can quickly get out of hand. I can make some approximations though. For example, some scenes/dialogue only play out if you have more manly points than sensitive (or vice-versa), to give you some scenes I think you want. The same is true for the honorable/cunning dichotomy.

But I do check if you have used some of the skills before to give you more tailored dialogue/scenes. For example, a lot of the dialogue with Lea throughout the chapter is different dependently on you having used the trustworthy skill or the manipulation skill. It's not just the dialogue immediately after, the way a lot of the dialogue plays out until the end of the chapter changes in many places.

So, even though I'm not changing things dependent on you having certain skills, I'm changing dialogue/events depending on you having used the said skills before. The more skills you use, the more your interactions with the girls will be different dependent on that.

A lot of this might not be apparent in your first playthrough, and it might, at first glance, seem very little changes, but if you try a different playthrough with different stats and using different skills, you'll start to see all these small changes adding up.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020
Regarding the whole hint system, I’m happy to share my (loooong) thought process and then you guys can also give me some feedback.
Oh I don't disagree how the system is handled especially in a vn format rather than sandbox where you would probably have to go back to a person for multiple conversations to get all the hints. I will say I made that post as I ran into that bug and before I got to Deb's kink to figure out, which I eventually had to go back to saves to figure out in what context it was said, even then I was stuck with the way some of the answers were stated, and with that many variables for that particular one I eventually had to come to the forums to get the answers.

About the phone bug, the reason why I went to answer the phone manually instead of just clicking through, is because of the earlier notice that you would get messages and had to answer it in a certain time or you could miss them. So my first instinct when I got the notice was just click on the phone and not just click through to get the message to auto pop :)

Also for the skills system, only thing I will say is it's introduced a little late in the game, after you're already been making selections from the four areas (I believe, I can't remember and it's 4am and tired as hell right now), that's something that may force players to go back to restart points. Also since there isn't a lot of information on the skills basically only being needed for the sex scenes right now, players I'm sure would pick up whatever skills they want as soon as they can thinking it may affect their character path, rather than wait to see which ones they would actual need. So first play throughs may become a wash midway in the game when players start to figure out to hold points for whichever scenes. Might be an annoyance to some, just pointing out the mechanic as it might be a little confusing to begin with since the reply points and the skills points you use them on are not introduced at the same time.

Other than that I really like the game. :)

Dec 9, 2020
But I do check if you have used some of the skills before to give you more tailored dialogue/scenes.

A lot of this might not be apparent in your first playthrough, and it might, at first glance, seem very little changes, but if you try a different playthrough with different stats and using different skills, you'll start to see all these small changes adding up.
Nice, yeah I didn't know how much dialogue or scenes are affected by the skill choices, but it's cool that there's some changes, gives some replay ability in different roles.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
pls add windows 32 bit version
I had to deal with so many people complaining that the 32-bits file triggers their antivirus and asking if I was trying to infect them, that I decided to delete it for this version to not have to deal with that.

I’ve never tested this before, but I think that if you:
1) download the attached file (the one I deleted before uploading the game)
2 ) extract it and paste it in the same folder that has the nif.exe
3) open it to play the game

It should work.

otkmage

Dec 4, 2018
Think i just found my new favorite game, and the king finding mini game is super fun. Can't wait for more!

Also, does anyone know any other game that has hate fucking, Emma's scene was surprisingly entertaining.

ZRose

Aug 14, 2020
I had to deal with so many people complaining that the 32-bits file triggers their antivirus and asking if I was trying to infect them, that I decided to delete it for this version to not have to deal with that.

I’ve never tested this before, but I think that if you:
1) download the attached file (the one I deleted before uploading the game)
2 ) extract it and paste it in the same folder that has the nif.exe
3) open it to play the game

It should work.
thanks

Dec 27, 2020
What a game.
Looking at the skill tree. Do we really be able to play out all the kinks we see there?
Or are they more for flavor, like a skill tree in an RPG. Where some skills never gonna be used in game?
Being a Fetishist myself. I can say most people have more than one.
There are so many fetishes in the skill tree, I alone see me doing a lot of them.
My head is spinning the hole time. For an example: Which girl could be aroused by pain for the sadist route.
This could be amazing.
What bothers me a little and I don't have a solution for that as well. So it isn't meant to be criticism.
Being sensitive(cat) means you are a sub. It has to go somewhere I knew, but it is very simplistic.
I go for the Eagle then. Guess the caring Dom route is in the role-play section. (Sorry, but I am a little bit too excited now.:p)

The Amount of playtime was very good as well. And you have actual gameplay. We're a lot of thought gone into.
Well done.
For future Patreon, how much time do you plan to need from update to update?

4.60 star(s) 161 Votes