MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Thanks for uploading the version 0.1.2. In this “in between” update I remastered a lot of renders that had the much criticized too thick black outlines. Now they look way closer to the look I want to achieve across the whole game.

However, there are still some issues. I have redone the worst animations, but not all. That would simply take too much time and I really want to release chapter 2 before the end of next month. That means that there are still inconsistencies and some scenes/animations still have ticker outlines than what I want. But one improvement at a time.

I will keep improving some older renders and animations together with the next releases to try to keep a consistent and pretty art style across the game. But I want to do it in a way that won’t delay future releases too much, because that’s what everyone is looking forward to.

Besides that, there’s also now an android port. The animations look really good in a small screen! It considerably masks the problem of having a potato laptop for rendering.

There are a few minor issues regarding the android version though:
  • The first time I played the choice buttons were too small. Restarting the game once fixed that for good. I’m investigating the issue.
  • Some icons might be too small, especially in the in-game phone. There are also some small overlays between interfaces here and there that shouldn’t be happening. I’ll see if I can improve this in future releases, but this game is being developed with a monitor in mind and not a small screen.
  • There are some small visual effects that aren’t supported in the android version. But it’s minor stuff that does not influence the story.
  • I had a notification saying that I’m not a trusted developer and that it was dangerous to install my own game on my phone. I took the risk and did it anyway. Nothing bad happened so far.
I also updated the banner to look a little prettier and like it wasn’t drawn by a 5 years old.

This is all for this mini-update. I’m trying to get the next chapter out around the end of September. Cheers.

Atmus

Mar 28, 2018
So I also get the same shader error. Attached is the traceback and save that will trigger it.

The save is right before the first conversation interruption with Kim. It won't crash until you get to the Yoga scene where it fades to black. Right after this line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm playing on Windows 10 in VMware.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
So I also get the same shader error. Attached is the traceback and save that will trigger it.

The save is right before the first conversation interruption with Kim. It won't crash until you get to the Yoga scene where it fades to black. Right after this line.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm playing on Windows 10 in VMware.
In the options menu, please try to turn off the Shaders. That should fix your problem.
1304664_123456822kio.png

Kionashi

Jul 11, 2021
good stuff...that skill tree is pretty intimidating not gonna lie, but the prospects are pretty interesting lol

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
walkthrough or walkthrough mod?
Have you tried the game already? What do you need the walkthrough for?

In this game, it is clearly identified which stat each choice increases. Stats points are also visible at all times.

Thanks to the skills menu, you can also get a good idea about which stats you need to increase to get to your favourite kinks.

Finally, each time you can't make a choice, it's clearly indicated why. You can then do things differently in another playthrough if you so wish.

Basically, I'd hope that there's no need for a walkthrough mod. The typical features that these mods have are already present in the game by default.

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Have you tried the game already? What do you need the walkthrough for?

In this game, it is clearly identified which stat each choice increases. Stats points are also visible at all times.

Thanks to the skills menu, you can also get a good idea about which stats you need to increase to get to your favourite kinks.

Finally, each time you can't make a choice, it's clearly indicated why. You can then do things differently in another playthrough if you so wish.

Basically, I'd hope that there's no need for a walkthrough mod. The typical features that these mods have are already present in the game by default.
I think there is absolutely no need. It's almost impossible to miss content anyway.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1631805417140.png

Progress report on chapter 2:

Work on chapter 2 is going at full speed. However, I think that the current estimate for release at the end of September might be a bit optimistic. I'm trying hard to still hit that deadline, but, to be honest, I think it's more likely that it will only be ready at the beginning of October.

But let's see. I'll let you know when I have a more concrete date in mind.

The way I work is very iterative. I’ve gone several times to early scenes to change the dialogue, add more choices, reorder or add scenes, or even move scenes to chapter 3. As the chapter grows I start to understand better if the pace is working, if the scenes are good enough, or even if I need more specific renders for some situations.

Also, with more of the chapter written it’s easier to go back and add some foreshadowing, or a choice that will be remembered later on, or change the dialog so that everything fits together.

Maybe I’m just too chaotic, but I’m finding that this method works best for me. But it also means that’s hard to make very detailed progress reports with precise percentages of the progress made. And it can also cause delays because there’s actually more stuff to do than what was first anticipated/planned.

Regardless, chapter 2 is getting close to completion. I estimate around 3 more weeks of work. I can’t wait to share it with everyone.

That's all for today.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
SEP 15, 2021 AT 1:08 AM
0.1.3 hotfix and progress update
Hi everyone,
Today I bring you a quick hotfix for Nothing is Forever. You can download it from here.
Unfortunately I forgot to add 1 song to the music room. The credits screen also had a bug where, because I forgot to add a single \, a whole section of the credits was not being shown on game. A solo indie developer like me relies on the amazing art that generous artists release under a creative commons license, so I'm really sorry for these bugs.
Version 0.1.3 hotfox fixes this.

Itch-io and mobile release overview:
I'm happy to tell you that last month release of the remastered version 0.1.2 of Nothing is Forever went pretty well. The mobile version brought along a lot of new players as did the release onitch.io. Over there, more than 6000 people have already downloaded the game! We have also doubled the number of people that enjoys this project well enough to decide to monetarily support its development.
I'm very thankful for all the support and kind words shared with me.
With the release of "Nothing is Forever" on itch.io, players now also have another way to support this game. If you don't like the patreon model, you now have an alternative. Patrons will still have some more benefits, but the option is there for anyone interested.

Reactions: mr.AwesomeGameTaste

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
SEP 15, 2021 AT 1:08 AM
0.1.3 hotfix and progress update
Hi everyone,
Today I bring you a quick hotfix for Nothing is Forever. You can download it from here.
Unfortunately I forgot to add 1 song to the music room. The credits screen also had a bug where, because I forgot to add a single \, a whole section of the credits was not being shown on game. A solo indie developer like me relies on the amazing art that generous artists release under a creative commons license, so I'm really sorry for these bugs.
Version 0.1.3 hotfox fixes this.

Itch-io and mobile release overview:
I'm happy to tell you that last month release of the remastered version 0.1.2 of Nothing is Forever went pretty well. The mobile version brought along a lot of new players as did the release onitch.io. Over there, more than 6000 people have already downloaded the game! We have also doubled the number of people that enjoys this project well enough to decide to monetarily support its development.
I'm very thankful for all the support and kind words shared with me.
With the release of "Nothing is Forever" on itch.io, players now also have another way to support this game. If you don't like the patreon model, you now have an alternative. Patrons will still have some more benefits, but the option is there for anyone interested.
thanks for providing updates here!

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Great game dev, looking forward to chapter 2.. Btw I've noticed there's no cheating tag.. Does this mean no Deb and Kim content or is cheating a planned tag?

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Great game dev, looking forward to chapter 2.. Btw I've noticed there's no cheating tag.. Does this mean no Deb and Kim content or is cheating a planned tag?
I'm glad you're liking the game.

As far as I understand, the tags section here should contain only tags with current content in the game. That's why there's no cheating there yet. Although, I've seen game threads with a "planned tags" section. Maybe I should write one of those. But, basically, every kink in the skills menu will have scenes in the game at some point.

So yes, there will be cheating, and content with Dev and Kim starting in the next couple chapters.

4.60 star(s) 161 Votes