Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
I've played plenty of games with good music. I like a few tracks on NiF, but I've also heard these same tracks in other games too, they are all public free tracks that artists put up for anyone to use, afaik.

One thing I will say about the music though, maybe it's just me but when I'm trying to read if I hear vocals/talking I can't concentrate on what I'm reading, or even hearing actually. You don't really hear vocal tracks during dialogue in movies or shows or video games or anime for the most part, I actually don't really remember any time. The vocals usually are only done when characters are not talking. That was one of my nitpicks, but I never thought it was worth just bring up by itself, now that the topic of music is at hand though I'll just toss in my two cents.
I get what you mean, even though it doesn't work like that for me... Maybe because most popular music is sung in English (not my native language)? I really don't know.
About songs in games, I'm suddenly reminded of the most popular tavern sons in Dragon Age or the Cyberpunk soundtrack, each excellent in it's own way, playing regardless of dialogues.
But it's true that there's great chance of listening to the same music if we're talking about public free tracks. What happens in NiF that is different, in my opinion, is how MrSilverLust selected and placed those tracks throughout the game. But, if we're talking about nitpicks, one of mine is just how everyone seems to forget that music and sounds are engineered differently and should be normalized when placed together. That really tests my patience.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
One thing I will say about the music though, maybe it's just me but when I'm trying to read if I hear vocals/talking I can't concentrate on what I'm reading, or even hearing actually. You don't really hear vocal tracks during dialogue in movies or shows or video games or anime for the most part, I actually don't really remember any time. The vocals usually are only done when characters are not talking. That was one of my nitpicks, but I never thought it was worth just bring up by itself, now that the topic of music is at hand though I'll just toss in my two cents.
This is a good point. Unfortunately I can't see any way to dynamically change music inside a VN so there is only instrumentals in the parts where text is shown and vocals during "transition scenes" - different players read at different speeds so there's no way to set it up by "dead reckoning".

Dreaming... maybe one day there could be an AI powered feedback loop that generates the audio track on the fly to match the game progress...

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Dreaming... maybe one day there could be an AI powered feedback loop that generates the audio track on the fly to match the game progress...
And while at it also analyses players brainwaves to further synth the loop and incorporate Jen's nipple clamps pressure or the wind's rustling through Lea's braless beach dress... One can dream! :geek:

Apr 28, 2020
Anyway I wonder how progress is going. I kind of feel like we're getting left out, Mr. Silverlust used to put pics and progress up here but now apparently only does that on locked Patreon and the Discord. :( Also how big this chapter is projected to be, in comparison to previous ones. Chapter 5 I enjoyed but I think was smaller than 4 which I didn't enjoy as much.
in fact there are a few open entries on patreon and that's it, but the update is still expected at the end of March hardly, in April most likely.

Reactions: EndlessNights

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Is it ready yet?
It's crunching time!

I kind of feel like we're getting left out, Mr. Silverlust used to put pics and progress up here but now apparently only does that on locked Patreon and the Discord.
All posts on patreon or messages on discord are open, except for the polls after the release of a new chapter.
Everything is still going more or less according to my lattest updates (also shown above).

Also how big this chapter is projected to be, in comparison to previous ones.
Probably more or less as last one. I don't know yet for sure how big it'll turn out to be, but, before release, I always show all the "stats" in comparison to previous chapters.

One thing I've noticed is that I have more scenes in this chapter than before, but they are smaller. It wasn't exactly planned, it just kinda happened given the story of this chapter. Perhaps because, as time goes by, more and more scenes are specific of certain paths. I'm not sure how this is going to affect the tempo of the chapter. But, I guess, you'll see a few more changes of location/days across the chapter.

in fact there are a few open entries on patreon and that's it, but the update is still expected at the end of March hardly, in April most likely.
Yup it's pretty much this. It's crunching time to see if I can have it out around the first week of April. Give or take.

Mharzel

Aug 19, 2021
Yah Bri feels like a side character, I feel like chapter 6 will be the nuke with the nuclear fallout and Bri will be our emotional blanket. I feel like Olivia buildup will be with it, I do hope I don't have to steal her from my friend. (But I will if that's the only option). Do take your time though Mr. SL, I think others wouldn't mind a slight delay

Reactions: tsukui

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
how many episodes will the game have?
MrSilverLust
9 or 10.

I don't understand, each time I load a save ALL my skills reset...
I never saw that happen. Are you using any mod? Does it also happen when you start a new game? After buying the skills again and saving, does it still happen when you reload that save? From which version of the game were the faulty saves? Is it just the skills, or *all* variables are being reseted?

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

Try download the game again, maybe something got corrupted.

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Im just wondering will my android saves work next time i download update lol
I now have SD card so heres to hoping

tsukui

Dec 26, 2017
I don't care which path you guys take, which girls you have chosen, and which kink you guys liked, this story is so good and really helped me in my life. MrSilverLust I can't really financially support you but you have my thanks, from the really bottom of my heart. Through your game, through your story, you helped me in my life as anyone did. The least I can do is say Thank You. It is a simple message with no worth at all but, this is the least in my power I can do.

Gamesstar

Game Developer
Jul 3, 2019
I don't care which path you guys take, which girls you have chosen, and which kink you guys liked, this story is so good and really helped me in my life. MrSilverLust I can't really financially support you but you have my thanks, from the really bottom of my heart. Through your game, through your story, you helped me in my life as anyone did. The least I can do is say Thank You. It is a simple message with no worth at all but, this is the least in my power I can do.
I am happy for you. Good luck moving forward :)

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I've had a few games help me when things had gotten rough.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy you enjoyed the game :)

And, continuing with the good news, Nothing is Forever is coming to Steam!

The page is up here:

Wishlists really help with having the steam algorithm on our side during the launch window, so, if you like the game and have a steam account, I'd kindly ask you to wishlist it :)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
And, continuing with the good news, Nothing is Forever is coming to Steam!

The page is up here:

Wishlists really help with having the steam algorithm on our side during the launch window, so, if you like the game and have a steam account, I'd kindly ask you to wishlist it :)
Amazing news MrSilverLust! Congratulations on making it this far. I hope you have great success on Steam, and will be able to shared this superb game with a much wider audience.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes