Yotanbamix

Apr 2, 2022
I feel like I started the game at the best possible time, just before the next chapter!

I just finished the first five, and no surprise, it's clearly one of the best VNs I've ever read. There's a very personal element that I will develop right after, which maybe makes this VN perhaps the most impactful for me, and the one I've been most invested in at times (knowing that titles like Clannad, Muv Luv, Muramasa, SubaHibi, or Umineko have touched me deeply).

So thank you MrSilverLust , it's an absolutely fantastic job you've done there, your game is a gem I should have found sooner (Patreon here I come haha) :giggle:

I have a lot to say about one aspect in particular, but I still wanted to share some more general impressions just before. First of all, I find it rare to come across works centered on a group of young adults as well done as this VN, most of them being sitcoms or comedies, or rather teen-oriented. Here it is treated in a more serious and realistic way, with great success I think. Whether it's the characters, the atmosphere, the events, we can really project ourselves, and feel a familiarity.

It's all the more successful because the exploration of relationship dynamics, and BDSM, seemed really well executed. I'm not familiar with all the kinks covered in the VN, but those I have been able to experience myself have been really well represented, and I really enjoyed it. I haven't tried all the possible routes yet, but there seems to be quite a few different kinks to explore, for all kinds of preferences (which is a great quality for this kind of game!)

Another strength I want to emphasize is how I could feel that my choices were impactful, which is very difficult to do in this type of game without the developers ending up tearing their hair out :LOL:. The balance isn't easy to find between giving real continuity to choices, but then being able to handle the development of all the different possibilities. Often, either choices don't matter, or it becomes unmanageable, and some routes have to be sacrificed or rushed. Here I think it’s well balanced.

The last more general element that I really liked is that you can explore different routes and learn about the girls, in a fairly realistic context, not as if you were cheating on everyone simultaneously. The protagonist is single, some characters too, others have an open relationship, and it makes for something coherent. And from a certain point, the game also starts to force us to make choices or face consequences. Here again, I think there's the right balance.

But beyond these qualities, it's really the extraordinary resemblance to my own life and one person in particular, that has deeply touched me. Already, just Emma was particularly interesting for me, as I have a longtime friend with whom I interact in the same way. Always bantering, picking at each other, while at the same time having a deep affection for each other (giving the same impression to others that there is something between us, or that there could have been something). It was also really fun to be able to troll her in the dominant path xD

That being said, it's mainly Jen, and everything that happens with her, that are incredibly similar to my own experience. Almost an exact copy. Initially, I don't really like talking about my personal life, especially on the internet, but the similarity between the game and the reality is such that I can't help but talk about it. I guess it's also for me a way to externalize the emotion that was mine, in a cathartic way, while showing how well MrSilverLust couldn't have done better to capture reality.

I'm putting this all in spoiler, and I apologize in advance for the length of this post!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Exploring the rest of this specific Jen route will be like watching what may have happened to us in another timeline, with the "Sharing" skill. Maybe Jen, too, will enjoy dominating the MC if she's forced to try, either by Deb or another mistress. Or maybe not. Either way, I'm really looking forward to this, including all the other characters and events of course. I can only thank MrSilverLust once again for creating this game. There is obviously some luck or coincidence involved for it to reflect my own experience so much, but it couldn't have happened without an author who could write such realistic characters and situations, and handle them so accurately.

And of course, thanks for reading me, for everyone who took the time for it!

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
It's an unusual feeling for me to also be on the side of anticipation and excitement for the upcoming release of NIF. Previously I've been lucky enough to get a ~80-90% complete pre-release version of the chapter to start proofreading a few weeks in advance.

But I guess its not a bad thing to "walk in another's shoes" sometimes. And I definitely feel like I'm looking forward to playing even more this time... it's going to be a surprise!

Yotanbamix

Apr 2, 2022
I think there will be more swinging stuff, the skills Sharing/Cuck/Cuckquean haven't been used for that yet. Sharing was required for some previous choices, but we still have to see the outcome on Jen's path (and it makes me nervous :LOL:)

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Does anyone know if I tell Jen that i'm submissive not dominant when talking in that hotel room does that break up our relationship

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Something I really like about this game is it has so many different kinks for different people
Although if I'm being honest the cuck stuff isn't really hot to me because it's not the mc getting cucked lol still tho this is a damn good game.

Yotanbamix

Apr 2, 2022
Something I really like about this game is it has so many different kinks for different people
Although if I'm being honest the cuck stuff isn't really hot to me because it's not the mc getting cucked lol still tho this is a damn good game.
Just a guess, but the Jen's path you were talking about might be the best for that.

Reactions: Don Sucio

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Just a guess, but the Jen's path you were talking about might be the best for that.
That sounds interesting if that does happen I hope there are options for it not to be too hardcore I like what I call soft cuckolding no cages or creampie eating for this guy
But I would watch a girl and tell her how beautiful she looks or something like that.

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
That sounds interesting if that does happen I hope there are options for it not to be too hardcore I like what I call soft cuckolding no cages or creampie eating for this guy
But I would watch a girl and tell her how beautiful she looks or something like that.
i hope it be choice for us for it be soft or hard , adding cages in cuckold play can spicy it up

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes