dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I love the game and I know by now it's a linear story, but I can't prevent myself being disappointed at the lack of impactful choices other than deciding who/when/where to fuck.

I thought Sydney could die if I protected the girls first but we can see afterward she's too important to the story and it would have been too much work for the dev (though if we don't see her anymore it's a waste of opportunity). But giving the choice to not outright kill Cassie and then killing her anyway is less understandable.

Also the female camp is highly unlikely but I can let that one slide.

Reactions: Mpkstroff
Apr 13, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, i'm not native english speaker, but doesn't "Then & Now" mean "past & present" and "Now & Then" means "present & future"?
'Then' is just a reference to another time.
"It was a better time, then." "I will meet with you then."
In common speech people often use the phrase 'Now and Then' to speak of something done occasionally.
"I've been known to have a cigarrette now and then."
As far as American english goes, I have never in my entire life heard anyone say the two words 'Then & Now'. It's always 'Now & Then.'

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
'Then' is just a reference to another time.
"It was a better time, then." "I will meet with you then."
In common speech people often use the phrase 'Now and Then' to speak of something done occasionally.
"I've been known to have a cigarrette now and then."
As far as American english goes, I have never in my entire life heard anyone say the two words 'Then & Now'. It's always 'Now & Then.'
I use 'then & now' and I am American.

"Things are very different between then & now" where in this case I am using 'then' refrencing the past. Typically in those cases I put the past first, since like in the above sentence the past is the baseline and the present is the difference.

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
51634.jpg
[VN] [Ren'Py] 1-IT25-Flag-icon.png
This is the Italian translation of Now & Then [v0.19.0]

Unzip the .rar file - copy/paste the game folder into the game directory, replace when asked.

**This translation "is not official" and "made by a fan".**

Last edited:

shio0o

May 8, 2020
Unofficial Android Port for :- Now and Then V0.16 compressed

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Textsize, opacity slider added
Rename from menu option added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Ummm is it with walkthrough mod or without. I saw same format in previous pages but they had written walkthrough with it..so do i presume this one doesn't have one

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I've a hard time agreeing with the way the plot went in the last update

Maybe it'll get better once I finish the update and I'll do an edit but fucking hell that feels awfully sloppy

edit:

edit 2:

edit 3:

edit 4:

Game is fine, but 0.16 is hot garbage in basically every way you'd grade a game like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: HansDampf788

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hmmm... Everyone saying they hated the logic of characters this episode and me over here thinking it was to be expected...

Anyway, I enjoyed this update. Looking forward to the next, wonder if we will get a time jump or if it will start straight from them trying to navigate through the city streets.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Well, for some time I was sad that I'm not in a position to financially support the Dev but that changed after the last 2 updates.

Here are a few things that I didn't like:
- that the group didn't get a better car with more storage for the planed leaving of the city and prepared the car with supplies for that leave
- that Missy was killed for more drama because I would have liked her fate to be either unknown or have her join the group (yes this is the harem lover in me speaking)
- that Julie and Sydney were left behind because as others already said after hearing what happened with Cassie they should have come with the MC especially Julie with her having a son

Only read the next part if you didn't like how the update ended.
In my opinion, halfway through the next update, there should be a scene from Julie or Sydneys POV with a falling out with the leadership of the safe haven and maybe a thread that they are going to throw Kenny out when he gets older and after that, they decide to get a hopefully more useful car than the charger and go after the MC and the girls.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Only read the next part if you didn't like how the update ended.
In my opinion, halfway through the next update, there should be a scene from Julie or Sydneys POV with a falling out with the leadership of the safe haven and maybe a thread that they are going to throw Kenny out when he gets older and after that, they decide to get a hopefully more useful car than the charger and go after the MC and the girls.
In regards to your second point

Even if that was to happen, there's nothing that could happen now that would force Sydney to leave where she is. That's kinda the whole point. She literally heard how the people she's now with are killing the men and she was like "oh well" and still decided to stay. She's been written into a corner where her actions are so detached from logic that it kinda breaks her as a character. The writer has decided she's staying where she is and nothing will change that

Lolph Dundlen

Sep 19, 2020
Well, for some time I was sad that I'm not in a position to financially support the Dev but that changed after the last 2 updates.

Here are a few things that I didn't like:
- that the group didn't get a better car with more storage for the planed leaving of the city and prepared the car with supplies for that leave
- that Missy was killed for more drama because I would have liked her fate to be either unknown or have her join the group (yes this is the harem lover in me speaking)
- that Julie and Sydney were left behind because as others already said after hearing what happened with Cassie they should have come with the MC especially Julie with her having a son
The Charger is clearly a plot device/ mcguffin. It's such a ridiculously bad choice of vehicle in every single respect that anyone with a braincell would have ditched it long ago. That it is still around is probably due to the author just liking it. Notice how it never causes any of the negative events it obviously would have done long ago. Too noisy, too small fuel capacity, too high fuel consumption, too small storage capacity, etc...

In regards to your second point

Even if that was to happen, there's nothing that could happen now that would force Sydney to leave where she is. That's kinda the whole point. She literally heard how the people she's now with are killing the men and she was like "oh well" and still decided to stay. She's been written into a corner where her actions are so detached from logic that it kinda breaks her as a character. The writer has decided she's staying where she is and nothing will change that
Yeah its a poor piece of writing in what is otherwise a pretty good story. It's also sad because Sydney is a more interesting character than either Carol (standard daddy issues) or Naomi (standard crush on BF's dad), neither of those two really have a lot else going on. It also didn't hurt that she's an attractive red-head.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
One of the many (?) abondoned police cruisers would be a serious upgrade.
I am seriously asking how? Unless you are talking a van, a police cruiser is typically a sedan (like the MC car), with a big engine (like the MC car), and rear wheel drive (like the MC car), that gets crap MPG (like the MC car). About the only thing that it might be better would be that it might be quieter at idle.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
The leadership killing all males should have been a clear indicator for Julie to get her son and gtfo. Sydney as well knowing that group is no better the the murderous bandits should have drove her out as well. It doesnt fit her character to want to live with people killing innocent men for no reason. As someone else mentioned this is a harem game with the actions of the leadership and the friendships they had build recent or over the years and the simple fact they tried to kill the mc. This to me broke the story. They should have left with the mc and the other girls knowing this. Sorry but it kills the game for me to know a old friend (with a male child) and a new friend would tolerate that and stay... Make no sense at all and breaks it. I think this last update needs a rewrite IMO. Also before anyone mentions it I have driven and worked on chargers they all could have fit in it as they have a huge rear seat and 2 people could have sat in the passenger front seat. Tight fit but could have been done... I can speak from experience as I have done it in the past.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
About Sydney, I've read plenty of people complaining she's not following logic "anymore"... but she never had. She'd always been following emotions, not logic. Lying to herself all the while in a form of escapism.

Now she has a new hope of finding her family but she grew extremely attached to our little group -- especially MC. The line "if I don't leave now, it'll only get harder" is proof of that. She also admitted to almost having gone crazy by herself, got saved from it. Then shit hit the fan and that didn't sit well with her, but her goal had always been to reunite with her family or at least uncover their fate for certain. She's clearly more torn than people realise (had tears all the time, Julie did not).

If anything, she's one straw short of having her camel's back broken, saying "F everything" to stay with the group. Which I'm sure will happen in a future update. My speculation, there'll be an internal war between Merilee's faction and Julie's following the revelation. At that point, Sydney will discover where they disposed of the bodies and will recognise her brother among them (or was it the dead infected nearby? Hair colour does check out). With that final straw, she'll leave to find the group at the mansion.

All in all, she wasn't completely a part of the group yet. Living in the library instead of with the others was a way to show there's still some distance. Her goals weren't completely aligned. Once they are though, I'm certain she'll find her place in the main menu screen.
... No I'm not buying into the "we'll never see each other again" stuff. We'd been told "Alice is pretty much dead" all this time, turns out she's not. Sydney just has to get through her arc first.

Oh and Julie has made other friends in there. With the situation being what it is, she'd be kind of an arse to run away. Allie needs to know what happened to her husband Carl, and there are plenty others in the same boat too. She can't really turn her back on her new friends -- that'd be a shitty move.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Oh and Julie has made other friends in there. With the situation being what it is, she'd be kind of an arse to run away. Allie needs to know what happened to her husband Carl, and there are plenty others in the same boat too. She can't really turn her back on her new friends -- that'd be a shitty move.
New friends is exactly that. She was like part of the family to the MC and Carol. So to choose them over family.... Nope to hell with them family comes first. She knew the MC his wife and then and Carol for years not months. Sorry but that's a step too far for me as family is family and psychotic bitches killing innocent men..... Biggest red flag to leave.

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes