UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also I wonder how Naomi seeing the note about sparks, only to later casually throw the switch despite all the gas fumes is going to be addressed. I know she isn't that bright, but come on.
To be fair all three of them were absolutely blindly stupid about the risks. Not sharing the contents of the note is only one part of the absurdity of their combined behavior. I really enjoy this game, but this particular piece of the plot is just lazy writing. From a writer whose demonstrated far more talent.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
We don't and probably will never know if Kinderfeld always planned for Sydney to leave then or not. I feel she was a character that had a lot of mixed reactions from people. Not knowing if they could trust her or not etc. I was sus of her at the start, but yeah like most comments hear are very sad to see her leave.

I was warned going in that something bad happens and was expecting a lot worse. The thing that most "upsets" (and I use that very lightly) was there was no farewell bang bang with Sydney, she could have at least had some wild good bye sex before going back.
There was if a scene with her if your stats were high enough.

Reactions: Naxos

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
To be fair all three of them were absolutely blindly stupid about the risks. Not sharing the contents of the note is only one part of the absurdity of their combined behavior. I really enjoy this game, but this particular piece of the plot is just lazy writing. From a writer whose demonstrated far more talent.
I did this the other day. I was re-wiring an overhead light into a ceiling fan, and I got a cell phone call and got off the ladder and took the call. Walked back into the room after the call and it was darker (the sun moved) and I flipped the switch sending a shower of sparks in the room. oppsss. I am not what you call a dumb, just forgot and was thinking of something else.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Not sure what the points requirements are, I mostly just treated Sydney with respect (and lust) and never pushed her to accept that her family was gone. As for the walkthrough, yeah I don't like the idea of the walkthrough mod but I do d/l the walkthrough pdf and reference that once in a while.

You missed a nice basically throw-away sex scene with Julie by not telling her about Missy. Throw-away because it's non-repeatable, has no negative consequences if you fess up, even earns you a +1 Trust with Carol if you're honest with her.
Eh, I am fine with missing out on that. Feels weird to deliver that type of news and then fuck.

Reactions: erkper

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
Now I kind of want to know what's going to happen with Julie and Sydney back there.
The situation has the potential for a spin-off and I think Julie would make a cool protagonist (also I want more Sydney :love:).

Reactions: Pinsel

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Good update for the first half, the second half not so much. Sad to see Sydney go, she made some progress with moving forward.
But on the other hand, the haven suits her, all she needs to do is sitting arround, doing nothing and hoping her family returns, all in the relative safty behind armed guards, instead of facing the reality.

Happy to see Alice is safe but, bringing her along is really not a good choice imo.
Even Sydney was more usefull than her, her mental traumata, blackouts and her difficult relation to Naomi makes me wish i could leave her at the haven, where she is, taken care of.
Really liked Julie thought, she is the one i had taken with me, if i had a choice. A second capable person besids the mc and the girls could take care of her child, sad to see she was left behind too, she is a character i wanted to see more of, not a liability more to take care of, like Alice.

Eh, I am fine with missing out on that. Feels weird to deliver that type of news and then fuck.
Well the news leads to them drinking in the evening, which leads to more...

Last edited:

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I did this the other day. I was re-wiring an overhead light into a ceiling fan, and I got a cell phone call and got off the ladder and took the call. Walked back into the room after the call and it was darker (the sun moved) and I flipped the switch sending a shower of sparks in the room. oppsss. I am not what you call a dumb, just forgot and was thinking of something else.
Yeah I get it. Long ago I was working on a DIY project with my dad and we pulled the wrong circuit breaker. He went to cut through the main wire to 12 overhead lights and the "spark" burned a hole in the wire cutters and caused quite the curse from my father, who luckily only got a mild burn and a mild shock. It did cut a perfect circle in the blades of the cutter. So anyone can make a mistake.

I suspect that you, like myself and my dad, weren't standing in a room full of fuel fumes so thick that we couldn't breath. If we were I suspect, hell I'm certain, you or we would have ventilated the room and found the source of the fumes before doing anything electrical.

Also for the record. The event that triggered the infected happened a few months ago. Although they are inspected annually commercial sprinkler systems are designed and built to go years without any kind of maintenance. They fail inspection if there is any indication that that standard has been compromised. These systems are built to function without power or city water. So while the authors give lip service to something must have gone wrong maybe not enough water pressure. These are 5 sigma systems inspected on a regular basis and a complete failure is about as likely as getting struck by lightening.

It's lazy writing. But it's only a single occurrence in an otherwise well written and well plotted game/story. If the rest of the story wasn't so well written this wouldn't rate a mention. It's only notable because it falls so far below the standard that they've established.

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
This was a really good update. I hope we see Julie and Sydney in the future again in whatever form. Looking forward to seeing how they tell Alice about the MC's relationship with the girls lmao. I assume they are heading to the Mansion next. Its going to be interesting. Maybe it becomes a long term base for them and the next arc of the story is liberating that feminazi compound and we create our own settlement? That would bring us new characters and bring back Sydney and Julie.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
It's lazy writing.
Well, he had to get them out there somehow as, I also mentioned this back near end of chapter one, he had let them stay way to long in the city for them to be realisticly still alive.
While it's valid to huncker down at first, let the idiots get themself killed trying to escape with everyone else, but as soon as the electricity fails, that's your cue to GTFO.
Untill then stockpile everything: Bottled water, canned food, gas, maps and look for a bigger and sturdier car (dosn't have to be a van - a hatchback or station wagon with some HP).

That they're still alive is only because of plotarmor.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rappidhustler

Jan 17, 2021
Aw man, my save file at the end of chapter 14 got corrupted on android. Any way could I fix that or do I have to start all over again?

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes