SpikeEye

Sep 17, 2017
Going from version 0.26 to 0.99? That's quite the jump, though certainly not the first time I've seen such a big jump.
Hopefully the ´´Completed´´ prefix is warranted, and it's just not rushed out.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Going from version 0.26 to 0.99? That's quite the jump, though certainly not the first time I've seen such a big jump.
Hopefully the ´´Completed´´ prefix is warranted, and it's just not rushed out.
There is no jump. Developer made this game with monthly frequency. v0.1-v0.26. 26 month of development. This is it. Then after game was finished, he made this director's cut. Means many new images, few re-rendered. New finishes. Game didn't change in gameplay, only a refresh. v.0.99 is only if there was bugs or something, than dev could finish it like v1.0.

SpikeEye

Sep 17, 2017
There is no jump. Developer made this game with monthly frequency. v0.1-v0.26. 26 month of development. This is it. Then after game was finished, he made this director's cut. Means many new images, few re-rendered. New finishes. Game didn't change in gameplay, only a refresh. v.0.99 is only if there was bugs or something, than dev could finish it like v1.0.
Ah, I see. That's good, then. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: rudy007

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
The actual god if he was releasing monthly. Very few devs take their game that seriously, I respect that.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
The actual god if he was releasing monthly. Very few devs take their game that seriously, I respect that.
Yeah, I remembered once he had a hdd problem. Delay was 3 days... Means; he knows what to do to secure data (backup).
He had not only monthly releases, they were long too. It was around half a hour of gameplay per update.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
It's been a while since I did, but it was probably version 0.23 or 0.24. Pretty sure I didn't finish what was there, but more or less.
I'm in process of forget game. v0.99 was downloaded on first hours of release, but I still waiting. I will take it slow, probably one chapter per two-three days. Did you like it? For me it was the best in dystopian-zombie story.

SpikeEye

Sep 17, 2017
I'm in process of forget game. v0.99 was downloaded on first hours of release, but I still waiting. I will take it slow, probably one chapter per two-three days. Did you like it? For me it was the best in dystopian-zombie story.
I liked it, yeah. Kept wanting to know where the story would go. Very exciting, I think. Can't wait to see how it ends.

Reactions: rudy007

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
He is releasing his next game - The Interim Domain - once per month as well - it's got a lot of content now and is definitely worth checking out. He actually created and released the 'Now and Then Director's Cut' while maintaining the monthly schedule for his second AVN!

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
He is releasing his next game - The Interim Domain - once per month as well - it's got a lot of content now and is definitely worth checking out. He actually created and released the 'Now and Then Director's Cut' while maintaining the monthly schedule for his second AVN!
Dude thats awesome, Ill give that new game a try too. Im not up to date with this one yet but what Ive read Ive liked

ElZenpai

May 25, 2019
*New zombie explosion
*Evaluated zombies attack, short resistance, collective run from White Oak
*Natural disaster in vicinity
*Food shortage, somebody come from a city without zombies, an Island...

There are 1000 other possibilities and ideas to continue. I hope dev make Now and Then 2...
I would take a step farther and say that "Now and Then" is just this BIG Prologue and the Real Protagonist are the childrens of MC.

minoslune

Aug 17, 2017
I just finished the game for the first time and im really surprised with the quality, it remained true to itself the whole game, it was a solid 20+ hours of gameplay, the character development was for sure the highlight of the game, I think the only thing that I feel it could have been better was the antagonists since they were REALLY unidimensional and really felt like means to an end instead of feeling like real characters, being a huge contrast to how the main cast was portrayed, Im not asking for Negan kind of villain but yea... Overall pretty solid, one of the best WVNs Ive played, bout 8.5 or 9/10 game, it was a great experience! Cant wait to try the devs new game too!

NotTheGuyy

Oct 16, 2019
This is the first time i'm leaving a comment on one of these types of games, which should speak quite a lot to the quality of this game. I'm only a few hours in at the moment, but the writing, story telling and intricacy of which things are gone into in this is really impressive relative to other games of the type. The story really does pull you in, and just when you think the game may end, with the 'happy' ending/reflective music, a curveball is thrown and you're pulled back to a new chapter of the story. Very impressive and really solid story so far, great work.

Last edited:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
This is the first time i'm leaving a comment on one of these types of games, which should speak quite a lot to the quality of this game. I'm only a few hours in at the moment, but the writing, story telling and intricacy of which things are gone into in this is really impressive relative to other games of the type. The story really does pull you in, and just when you think the game may end, with the 'happy' ending/reflective music, a curveball is thrown and you're pulled back to a new chapter of the story. Very impressive and really solid story so far, great work.
It's always great to find a game that really grabs you.

I have to ask about your name. Are you frequently mistaken for a trans person?

• Haha
Reactions: Zerorox

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Just got to the Naomi anal scene in the woods. The fart joke was freakin hilarious. Laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself. :ROFLMAO:
Pretty sure the neighbors heard me howling.
Mostly because it was so unexpected. Pretty dramatic shift in tone, from what you are used to in the game.
Masterfully done.(y)
Naomi best girl! Love me a naughty butt slut :love:

4.60 star(s) 273 Votes