Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
On the "how're doing", in reality, a person is more likely to say "how're doin'", without the "g".

Had an ex that would use that often (both as text message and spoken) as well as others I know. Even got me doin' it. ;)

If trying to emulate actual casual speech, then the "you" isn't needed as it is implied to the person to whom you're speaking. Unless someone is giving a formal speech, in court, defending a dissertation, is a non-native speaker, or believes themselves erudite and elite (in which case the contraction would not be used at all), what is said represents a natural way of speaking for a native speaker.
Ah. Thanks for clarification. Non-native here, who was taught in the school to add 'you' in that kind of sentence :)

Reactions: Son of Durin

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Ah. Thanks for clarification. Non-native here, who was taught in the school to add 'you' in that kind of sentence :)
In formal writing, absolutely.

However, all languages have their short cuts and idioms that get used in speech. And while I'm not a fan of too many short cuts and "bad English" in games, I do like to see common things that make the dialogue more "natural". Contractions and the "understood you" are a couple of those that are easy to do.

You can tell a lot about the writer/editor of the dialogue by such things. If they aren't there, it's probably a non-native speaker doing the script, while certain terms and idioms give you a clue as to whether they're British, American, Canadian, Australian, or even a narrower regional/local dialect.

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
The only thing that puts me off downloading is the low quality character models. Is the story worth the download?
You can also try downloading the HQ rev of the AVN (versus compressed rev). It will take longer but I think the increased quality of the renders and animations is worth it.

MiciChan

Jan 21, 2019
More more more ... sequel?
Like:
* MC : try to find his parents
* MC : try to find Naomi father/brother
* MC : try to find Hana parents
* MC : try to find Sydney parents
* Naomi : the father returns (trouble in paradise - MC-Naomi-Alice)
* Naomi : the father returns with gang
* Hana : parents come back
* Grantsboro : Gangs from the city having shortage of food move out (White Oak trouble)
* CMZ : Try to take lands (White Oak)
* White Oak : Mayor election <McCreary> Vs <C. Marshand> (Hana's father ... why C.? :rolleyes:)

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
More more more ... sequel?
Like:
* MC : try to find his parents
* MC : try to find Naomi father/brother
* MC : try to find Hana parents
* MC : try to find Sydney parents
* Naomi : the father returns (trouble in paradise - MC-Naomi-Alice)
* Naomi : the father returns with gang
* Hana : parents come back
* Grantsboro : Gangs from the city having shortage of food move out (White Oak trouble)
* CMZ : Try to take lands (White Oak)
* White Oak : Mayor election <McCreary> Vs <C. Marshand> (Hana's father ... why C.? :rolleyes:)
*New zombie explosion
*Evaluated zombies attack, short resistance, collective run from White Oak
*Natural disaster in vicinity
*Food shortage, somebody come from a city without zombies, an Island...

There are 1000 other possibilities and ideas to continue. I hope dev make Now and Then 2...

nico360

May 17, 2020
The Dev updated my PDF because I was too busy to get it done. The mod - the person doing it is too busy and cannot do it.
So there is no walkthrough mod for this version, but I can use the pdf to complete the game with the routes that interest me, also out of curiosity, is a walkthrough mod being made for this version? or stop waiting for one

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
So there is no walkthrough mod for this version, but I can use the pdf to complete the game with the routes that interest me, also out of curiosity, is a walkthrough mod being made for this version? or stop waiting for one
The person who originally did the mod say she wasnt updating it. If someone else wants to update it - only the future knows

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
idk if i'm allowed to upload files here so i wrote out a script instead that should unlock everything or at least it will show the "Unlock All" button at the bottom of the "Bonus" menu (might have to scroll down, I forgot).
1. copy and paste code into a blank text document
2. name it whatever but the file extension must be changed to .rpy (e.g. unlock.rpy)
3. place the .rpy into the "now&then\game" folder
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There are some scenes that won't let me open them, I click on the icon image and it won't let me play it, do you have any idea why?

Abhishek_tanwar

Feb 20, 2021
If that's changed things significantly enough it likely won't. But I coded this as a harem mod and I won't be going back and spending a month doing it again cause that's what it will take. IMO this game was done at v0.26.0. At least for me anyway.
Hello zoey Raven !
I HAVE A REQUEST FOR YOU AND I HOPE I AM NOT BOTHERING YOU.

CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE A GALLERY MOD FOR V99.0.

I KNOW YOU MUST BE BUSY BUT IT'S JUST A REQUEST.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
The Dev updated my PDF because I was too busy to get it done. The mod - the person doing it is too busy and cannot do it.
Oh, there is an updated PDF version?

Wanted to wait for a walkthrough but as it seems won't be coming, might as well go with PDF.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Hello zoey Raven !

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Can't you unlock the gallery if you complete the game once? Wasn't that a feature of the directors cut, or am I wrong? :unsure:

Aramintha

Formerly 'ProjectSkywardFan'
Jun 1, 2022
Finally finished this one man what a ride this game is one of the best I played I loved Hanas ending she went from my least liked character to my favorite and main love interest the amount of character growth that she had was just fantastic I loved her ending!

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Oh, there is an updated PDF version?

Wanted to wait for a walkthrough but as it seems won't be coming, might as well go with PDF.
The Dev took my PDF an updated it for the v.99 release, and it was released at the same time as the game (I think in the OP). I personally haven't finished playing/updating it, so I cannot confirm what it says. I am on Chapter 22 for my re-write, but life is getting in the way. I will post mine when I can get done with it. Most of it is the same, but the endings are different and some of the changes are in the point values for individual choices (some things are not as mutually exclusive, etc.) I really don't want to claim a Mine vs Theirs kinda thing - so I don't know if I will finish it.

I was doing it for every release of the game - but man - the last year has been something else and I don't get to spend as much time to do fun things any more.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Hello zoey Raven !

THANKS IN ADVANCE
First, turn off your Caps-Lock key. Also, never use your Caps-Lock key. Just don't.

Second, that's not going to happen. Zoey Raven already posted that they're just too busy working on their own game at the moment, and it wouldn't be fair to the patrons supporting her for that work to put it on the backburner for a month to re-code a walkthrough mod for a game that was for all intents and purposes already complete. 0.99 is basically a Director's Cut of Now & Then, the mod was for the equivalent of the original theatrical cut.

Reactions: Bloodguard
4.50 star(s) 282 Votes