rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
Can anybody help me

How do i put the mod in my game for android

Install: Extract to "game" folder, overwrite when prompted.
I don't think old v0.26 mod work in this game. Short: there is none mode for v0.99 game... Yet.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Great game with some real heft to it, though I'm a big dummy and only figured out half-way through that high nerve = bad. Sad you couldn't impregnate all of them, seeing as it was frequently mentioned but 2 ain't bad either.

edit: I still wonder, there's so many scenes not unlocked in the ending gallery and I thought I said yes to both a threesome and preggo sex?? Kinda weird that part didn't hit but ok, whatever.
As I've just wrote a couple of posts above yours the alternative scenes are unlocked by playing a new gameplay.

Impregnating the girls, you say? well, honestly, I was hoping that Hana would have put a bullet in Carol's skull in chapter 18, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Sydney and Hana are the only good reason to play this game, IMHO.

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
If that's changed things significantly enough it likely won't. But I coded this as a harem mod and I won't be going back and spending a month doing it again cause that's what it will take. IMO this game was done at v0.26.0. At least for me anyway.
Of course, wasn't suggesting you go back and redo it, I'm using the .26 and will probably check out the .99 once I've reached the end with your mod

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
- MC not realizing that Missy lives close to the school even though he knows where she lives. (WFT, dude)

- Julie and Sydney not leaving town with MC and the girls on the spot after he tells them what really happens at the hotel (this is TOTALLY insane!!!!!).

- the little girl strolling alone around the fields and the woods with all those bandits and zombies (granpa, you are a genius!!).
1 - Have you ever been lost? Had a disconnect between knowing where you are and where you want to be? Have you ever forgotten small details while under stress? I mean, it's the zombie apocalypse, there are dozens of things of much greater importance that need to be kept in mind for basic survival. City navigation in a car is different than on foot. I bet all of his previous trips to Missy's house were probably from his apartment while driving the Charger, and not on on foot starting from Carol's school. That Jack would not come to that realization sooner is not a plot hole, it's a perfectly reasonable response to the circumstances.

2 - Sydney has her own set of mental hang-ups that are pretty well established at that point. She's not making that decision in a vacuum. Plus, both Alice and Julie had been there for quite some time in relative safety, so even given that information, it seemed to support Jack's idea that men were in danger; so lacking a penis meant that Sydney could be fairly safe from whatever plot was afoot to kill off those with penises. Ditto Julie, who also did have to worry about just uprooting her kid right on the spot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3 - It's a country thing. The local farmers basically had the zombies in check, and coming across ones still capable of running was getting pretty rare at that point. Combine that with country folks just generally being more hands off and trusting children to look out for themselves. I mostly grew up in the suburbs, but my girlfriend was raised a country girl; and the stories she tells of the stupid shit she did and that her parents allowed her to get away with still astounds me at times. It's just a different mindset. What happened to her is absolutely a tragedy. If anything, the biggest narrative critique to be had there is that she kinda gets . She get established enough to that the audience understands the impact of her death on another character, but she doesn't exist to be much else than a drama trigger for another more established character.

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
Just not sure if this is a bug or a new feature, as they would say by Bethesda.
So...i just passed the infirmary scene when Sydney meets the girls (with $ persistent.ch11_alt_unlock = True in line 10392 of "script_part2.rpy") and everything worked fine with Sydney showing up in the stat screen.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
So...i just passed the infirmary scene when Sydney meets the girls (with $ persistent.ch11_alt_unlock = True in line 10392 of "script_part2.rpy") and everything worked fine with Sydney showing up in the stat screen.
I tried a command you suggested before iirc (don't remember which...) and afterwards it worked, just that all 5 girls show up in the stat screen from the beginning now, but who cares.

Reactions: MPU-001

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
As I've just wrote a couple of posts above yours the alternative scenes are unlocked by playing a new gameplay.

Impregnating the girls, you say? well, honestly, I was hoping that Hana would have put a bullet in Carol's skull in chapter 18, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Sydney and Hana are the only good reason to play this game, IMHO.
I know, different tastes, opinions and all but... yours are quite... let's say original :eek:
Can You explain Why?

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
1 - Have you ever been lost? Had a disconnect between knowing where you are and where you want to be? Have you ever forgotten small details while under stress? I mean, it's the zombie apocalypse, there are dozens of things of much greater importance that need to be kept in mind for basic survival. City navigation in a car is different than on foot. I bet all of his previous trips to Missy's house were probably from his apartment while driving the Charger, and not on on foot starting from Carol's school. That Jack would not come to that realization sooner is not a plot hole, it's a perfectly reasonable response to the circumstances.
The big plothole is that he never felt the urge to check how she was. He went and checked the Walters, BUT he never checked Missy and Julie.

2 - Sydney has her own set of mental hang-ups that are pretty well established at that point. She's not making that decision in a vacuum. Plus, both Alice and Julie had been there for quite some time in relative safety, so even given that information, it seemed to support Jack's idea that men were in danger; so lacking a penis meant that Sydney could be fairly safe from whatever plot was afoot to kill off those with penises. Ditto Julie, who also did have to worry about just uprooting her kid right on the spot.
The women weren't safe at all: they were helpless people treated as prisoners at the mercy of their guards in a war concentration camp. Sydney hadn't realized it yet, but Julie should have. Secondly, Sydney was already in love with MC and fond of Naomi.

3 - It's a country thing. The local farmers basically had the zombies in check, and coming across ones still capable of running was getting pretty rare at that point. Combine that with country folks just generally being more hands off and trusting children to look out for themselves. I mostly grew up in the suburbs, but my girlfriend was raised a country girl; and the stories she tells of the stupid shit she did and that her parents allowed her to get away with still astounds me at times. It's just a different mindset. What happened to her is absolutely a tragedy. If anything, the biggest narrative critique to be had there is that she kinda gets . She get established enough to that the audience understands the impact of her death on another character, but she doesn't exist to be much else than a drama trigger for another more established character.
Dude, she got attacked by the zombie AFTER the bandits raided a farm and killed everybody but one. So, her Grandpa knew that there were those rapist killer screwing around and let her 15 years old girl wander around alone.

One more: they start driving towards Marshand House with the girls checking the maps, then they totally forget they have maps. They come across some railway tracks and Alice tells she has no idea where they are: well, I guess she just had to check the map. I guess the Author just forgot about the maps.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The big plothole is that he never felt the urge to check how she was. He went and checked the Walters, BUT he never checked Missy and Julie.

The women weren't safe at all: they were helpless people treated as prisoners at the mercy of their guards in a war concentration camp. Sydney hadn't realized it yet, but Julie should have. Secondly, Sydney was already in love with MC and fond of Naomi.

Dude, she got attacked by the zombie AFTER the bandits raided a farm and killed everybody but one. So, her Grandpa knew that there were those rapist killer screwing around and let her 15 years old girl wander around alone.

One more: they start driving towards Marshand House with the girls checking the maps, then they totally forget they have maps. They come across some railway tracks and Alice tells she has no idea where they are: well, I guess she just had to check the map. I guess the Author just forgot about the maps.
1) Dude - who knows. I forget to check on relatives for a few months that live a few miles away. You get intranced with your own life - you forget about others. There was no cell phones, telephones, emails, etc that are reminding you to talk to these other people. He was focusing on his daughter and him - staying alive. I don't think that is a plothole, just maybe a plot device. A plothole cannot be explained away, where a plot device is something the author chooses to use as part of the plot to move the story along.

2) The women were free to come and go, able to eat and do work as they chose fit as long as they helped out. They were not prisoners of war. They were giving up personal liberty for the sake of security. One was a mother of a young kid and the other felt her family would come there eventually. If you did the story a certain way - they leave.

3) I don't know what kind of childhood you had, but I can tell you that growing up in the midwest USA, I left the house in the AM and my parents didn't know where I was, and didn't care unless I wasn't home for dinner. A 15 year old in rural USA is driving tractors, running heavy machinery, spent many hours on their own or with friends exploring, etc. This is in no way uncommon. If the community felt safe in general, this would not have felt off at all. Which - yes there were bandits nearby, but if she stayed out of sight, she has to learn sooner or later how to adapt to the world.

4) Maybe the maps quit at the state/county lines and they no longer have maps of everything for where they are at? I don't know but it can explain it.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
The big plothole is that he never felt the urge to check how she was. He went to check the Walters, BUT he never checked Missy and Julie.
To be fair, he believed they both left the city. He also hadn't any contact with Missy for a couple of years iirc, so checking on her was probably nothing which he tought about until he figuered out she lives close to the school.
For Julie true, only defence is maybe she doesn't live close by, so it could just not possible to reach, like the college.

Yeah, the one part which i dislike the most.
Julie should have known, MC is her best friend and the only person alive she really trusts...so yeah, her staying is dumb after the little murder attempt.
Sydney, sure she doesn't want accept reallity....still weak imo.
Especially if you consider that it was obvius from the get to go that both of them would be prime suspects for the missing/dead girl which tried to kill the MC.

Add to that it was also obvius that the situation would get worse, dwindling ressources in the city, lots of bandits, dangers like the fire etc.

Yeah, no excuses there. Who in his right mind lets a child go alone to some neighbour farms, which are miles away, when there are infected arround as well as one of the farms was just attacked and everyone (- one) was killed...

Reactions: Bloodguard

erkper

May 16, 2018
The whole bit with not checking on Missy and/or Julie is ridiculous. He didn't check on Missy? That's funny, I remember a whole big thing where he did EXACTLY THAT, found her dead, told Sydney, good sex, told Carol, boo hoo, told Julie, good sex, etc etc etc. Did I imagine all that? Why didn't he do it earlier? Oh, I don't know - maybe because that was a person he hadn't even talked to in 6 months or a year, and THERE WAS A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GOING ON. Julie, as far as he knew, had her husband and son living out in the suburbs where they were probably safer and where it was easier for them to head off out of town if they needed to go. I mean, seriously - he didn't go to Florida to check on his parents, either. THERE WAS A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GOING ON.

I agree the whole Emmie thing was bad. It was written as an intentional emotional gut punch (like Missy) to bring home the reality of the apocalypse, but yeah, the scenario is pretty weak.

Julie and Sydney both have their own reasons to stay in the "safe zone," which I thought were well explained and reasonable from those characters' POVs. Julie had her kid to look out for, and at the time the safe zone seemed much less dangerous for her and her son than going on the road with Jack's harem. She has YEARS before Kenny is going to be in danger from the psychos in charge, and in the mean time, safety in numbers seemed to be a real thing in the zone. Sydney was still grasping at the straw of her family miraculously surviving and wandering to her. Do I agree with either of their decisions? No. Do those decisions make sense in the context of the characters Kinderfeld had created? Yes, absolutely. Even if you shake your head knowing it won't end well for them.

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
The whole bit with not checking on Missy and/or Julie is ridiculous. He didn't check on Missy? That's funny, I remember a whole big thing where he did EXACTLY THAT, found her dead, told Sydney, good sex, told Carol, boo hoo, told Julie, good sex, etc etc etc. Did I imagine all that? Why didn't he do it earlier? Oh, I don't know - maybe because that was a person he hadn't even talked to in 6 months or a year, and THERE WAS A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GOING ON. Julie, as far as he knew, had her husband and son living out in the suburbs where they were probably safer and where it was easier for them to head off out of town if they needed to go. I mean, seriously - he didn't go to Florida to check on his parents, either. THERE WAS A FREAKIN' ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE GOING ON.

I agree the whole Emmie thing was bad. It was written as an intentional emotional gut punch (like Missy) to bring home the reality of the apocalypse, but yeah, the scenario is pretty weak.

Julie and Sydney both have their own reasons to stay in the "safe zone," which I thought were well explained and reasonable from those characters' POVs. Julie had her kid to look out for, and at the time the safe zone seemed much less dangerous for her and her son than going on the road with Jack's harem. She has YEARS before Kenny is going to be in danger from the psychos in charge, and in the mean time, safety in numbers seemed to be a real thing in the zone. Sydney was still grasping at the straw of her family miraculously surviving and wandering to her. Do I agree with either of their decisions? No. Do those decisions make sense in the context of the characters Kinderfeld had created? Yes, absolutely. Even if you shake your head knowing it won't end well for them.
For some reason that first part reminds me of that episode of Naked Gunn where Frank tells that woman "I'm sorry we didn't get here sooner mam but your husband wasn't dead yet":LOL: meaning the mc didn't check on her until after the narrative had killed her.

• Haha
Reactions: erkper

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
Uh, no. Jack even explains how Missy became a smaller and smaller part of their lives, eventually being relegated to the 'holiday cards' level of interaction. They tried to make plans, but their schedules kept getting in the way; and eventually they stopped trying. Missy was NOWHERE near the level of Alice and Naomi's family in terms of closeness. Alice was a surrogate mother and Carol spent practically every weekend with Naomi at either her house or theirs. While Missy was a cherished individual that played an important role in their lives, she was hardly a constant presence in the way Alice and Naomi were.

Also, he did eventually check on Missy. He had the urge, and after connecting the dots with his current location and where he remembered her house to be, made up a plan to check on her house and carried it out in rather short order. You're seeing plot holes where there are none.

Again, no. Safety is relative. Based on the experiences of Jack, Julie, and Alice, the conclusion they could draw was that someone in camp had an axe to grind with men. That meant that this group within the camp only really posed a serious threat to the one they had already tried to kill, namely Jack. The camp had cared for and provided for Alice when she was little more than a corpse in a coma. They'd given shelter to a desperate widow and her child. There were compelling reasons for the women to stay and accept the trade-offs in exchange for relative safety.

Plus, even if you had your way, are 7 people and all their shit going to fit into a classic Charger? Nope. Not even close.

Again, different mindset. Just look at the weird shit that can become the 'new normal' in our own lives. Deadly mass shootings in schools are a regular occurrence, yet everyone is still expected to send their kids off to school in the morning on the assumption that they'll be safe and come back; and that assumption is correct right up until the moment it isn't.

Plus, we don't know the geography at play here. If the bandits attacked a lone farm miles and miles away on the east side of town and the girl was visiting friends on the opposite side of town? It's established that the Smithfield farm where her friend Maria lives is well over 5 miles outside of the town itself, and 5 miles is a lot of ground to cover on foot. Even then, the most deciding factor in her getting in trouble was cutting through the woods to make up time (which she was explicitly instructed not to do) because she stayed too long at her friend's house. Had she kept to her usual plan and not wandered into the woods, she wouldn't have gotten jumped by that infected. Plus, if she really wanted to go, how much power did anyone really have to stop her, short of physically locker her up in a room or something? Even if he had said no, who was going to stay around and prevent her from sneaking out if she wanted to? Emmie was a kid, and made a dumb kid mistake, and it unfortunately cost her life.

Also, you need to double check the timeline, cause Emmie gets attacked BEFORE Sutter's first farm raid. Her getting jumped is the cliff-hanger ending of Chapter 21, and the Sutter farm raid is the very start of Chapter 22. So NO, she was not allowed to wander around after the bandits had made their presence known. She wasn't given a chance to, she was already dead or dying.

Did those tourism maps include railroad tracks? Or marked the location of the defunct station they found? As it turns out, using maps are way harder when you don't have GPS telling you exactly where you are on said map. Knowing where you want to go, and actually getting there, are still two very different things. They're not the Lewis and Clark expedition. They're a marketing salaryman, a housewife, and two teenagers who hadn't finished high school; none of whom had probably ever used a paper map for actual navigation before. So again, the fact that they didn't perfectly ace all of the survival checks on their road-trip is not a plot hole, it is rather a pretty rational outcome given the circumstances. That they do get to the house right before a hurricane hits is just good narrative tension building, and only further ups the stakes for the initial encounter with Hana.

Last edited:

sammy13hk

Apr 11, 2021
idk if i'm allowed to upload files here so i wrote out a script instead that should unlock everything or at least it will show the "Unlock All" button at the bottom of the "Bonus" menu (might have to scroll down, I forgot).
1. copy and paste code into a blank text document
2. name it whatever but the file extension must be changed to .rpy (e.g. unlock.rpy)
3. place the .rpy into the "now&then\game" folder
tried, cannot find the unlock button :(

ElZenpai

May 25, 2019
idk if i'm allowed to upload files here so i wrote out a script instead that should unlock everything or at least it will show the "Unlock All" button at the bottom of the "Bonus" menu (might have to scroll down, I forgot).
1. copy and paste code into a blank text document
2. name it whatever but the file extension must be changed to .rpy (e.g. unlock.rpy)
3. place the .rpy into the "now&then\game" folder
Shit bro it really worked xD Thanks

kkai

Dec 21, 2016
For someone who typically likes to go harem routes, would those of you who have played both recommend 0.26 w/ walkthrough mod or 0.99 unmodded? Thanks!

Reactions: GamerDaddy

erkper

May 16, 2018
For someone who typically likes to go harem routes, would those of you who have played both recommend 0.26 w/ walkthrough mod or 0.99 unmodded? Thanks!
You'll have to define what you mean by liking harem routes. You can play the DC (without the mod, obviously) and get a harem ending. You just have to treat the girls with respect throughout the game. You may miss a lewd scene or two when you make a choice to be with one girl or the other, but you can still get them all in the harem at the end. Playing 0.26 with the mod just invalidates all your choices and forces every scene to play. You won't miss any scenes, so I'd assume you'd get the harem-y-est ending available in 0.26, but one of the complaints lodged against 0.26 in the first place was that it didn't feature a true harem ending, which was made possible in the 0.99 DC.

Magikyl

Apr 18, 2021
SO I havent been able to find anything about this yet but...Im playing .99 and I got to the point where you havent had sex with sydney yet but you remained open to it. At the second group shower scene, Naomi and Carol go in, shower. Sydney goes in showers, dries off and leaves. MC goes in by himself after, then it immediately goes to a point where the MC and Sydney are having sex in the shower without any scenes leading up to it or choices in the matter. Anyone else have this issue?

4.50 star(s) 282 Votes