NTR fans why do you like NTR?!? (I like NTR)

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
...all otome games...are made to self insert tho....that's kinda the point of them.....
..bland no personality protags...so girls can project themselfs onto them....
...you aren't playing the good otome games then, try Hatoful Boyfriend...

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Are you really willing to call all writers, game developers, scenario writers and actors 'losers'? That sounds... A bit crazy.
Not really, only the ones that when prompted to create a character write their own names and delude themselves that they are that character now.

stories are usually bad for a reason.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Not really, only the ones that when prompted to create a character write their own names and delude themselves that they are that character now.

stories are usually bad for a reason.
What are you talking about?

Nobody is deluding themselves. Or do you really think people forget that they are sitting in front of a screen when they play?

It's role-playing.
Not hard of a concept to grasp.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
It's role-playing.
Not hard of a concept to grasp.
Role playing is not self inserting.

If you roleplay you won't mind playing as an evil orc or as a hot succubus because you are roleplaying as those characters.

But self inserters will complain because they can't play as themselves in those games, which is where the cringe lies.

Reactions: SharkVampire

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
..embrace the cringe.....
And that is basically my point, self-inserters believe they are based because they are fucking all the chicks, but they somehow forget that they are actually just cooming to pixels.

Which is what we are all doing here at the end of the day, some of us are just not deluding ourselves I guess.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: SenMizeri and Lerd0

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
Role playing is not self inserting.

If you roleplay you won't mind playing as an evil orc or as a hot succubus because you are roleplaying as those characters.

But self inserters will complain because they can't play as themselves in those games, which is where the cringe lies.
Aren't adult games design to arouse people? How the hell are you supposed to get aroused if you play a game that places you in situations that turn you off? No matter if you play a role, or play as yourself, if you don't find the game hot, then isn't there a failure at the most fundamental level?

Like, no matter how much I like hot succubus, if you put me in a VR game as the succubus, and the game consists of getting fucked by men in POV, I'm not going to be happy, even as much as I enjoy roleplaying. Does that make me a beta or someone who is cringe in your book?

I just don't get it.

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
Like, no matter how much I like hot succubus, if you put me in a VR game as the succubus, and the game consists of getting fucked by men in POV, I'm not going to be happy, even as much as I enjoy roleplaying. Does that make me a beta or someone who is cringe in your book?
In anyone's book. It's well proven that not liking ntr means you are an insecure beta who likes to be called bitch boy and suck dick.
Me and my boys Uthuriel and RedPillBlues have long understood this.

If you self-insert? no doubt
View attachment 2045283
What a chad.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Does that make me a beta or someone who is cringe in your book?
The simple fact that you are playing with VR goggles makes you cringe in my book.

So trying to claim that you are not a loser because you don't like vr dicks makes you exactly 0% less of an loser.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
Even if player roleplays, that dosent mean he/she wants to be in every role. Like i can roleplay female character, i can roleplay it as wholesome one or slutty one, but that dosent mean i want my character role gets raped by tentacles or gangbanged randomly without having choice. So i dont need self-insert to have limits that are allowed to my character. In game you should be in control otherwise its not game its novel, visual novel or hands off simulator. game is defined by player controlling interactions.

Reactions: JoeTheMC84

Skylar Reign

Creating Katie's Diary.
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2018
I personally like NTR for the corruption aspect of it. And I won't lie that I do enjoy the femdom aspect of it as well. That said, it's not like I don't enjoy other games that have nothing to do with the above.

sliveart777

Nov 12, 2019
Immersion into a story is not the same as self insertion. Self insert characters are notoriously considered awful characters in most writing mediums. Most stories don't want you to pretend to be a specific character in the story it only wants you to relate and empathize with them.

Reactions: hysepReC
Jul 21, 2021
Probably my favorite tag but i dont self insert when playing them. I like the slow corruption of the girls slowy turning. Also over the years i feel like both sides whether it be NTR or anti NTR has had good and terrible takes and people. Its a kink/fantasy that works for fictional stuff and should be left at that. Its annoying that when people hounds devs for not adding NTR to their games or if they do some freak out and cause a big scene. But i will also say that its kinda scummy if you make a game and dont give people a heads up that down the line you planning on adding NTR unless its completely avoidable. But then again that just takes time and effort to make that could be spend on other stuff with the game and vice versa.

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
In NTR games i get annoyed if its hard scripted to be cuckolded. And of course i also hate "gonna fuck them all" Thought i dont self-insert i usually roleplaying certain characters by certain rules. And usually i dont like a mechanic where you get NTRd like close releation "ak girlfriend, fiance, or wife" and you cant divorce or break up. But im totally ok with sharing GF who i dont care much with friends or business partners to get some other benefits.

Mar 12, 2018
Aren't adult games design to arouse people? How the hell are you supposed to get aroused if you play a game that places you in situations that turn you off? No matter if you play a role, or play as yourself, if you don't find the game hot, then isn't there a failure at the most fundamental level?

I just don't get it.
Do you realize that most games here have a female MC who fucks all sorts of men? Those are games told from their POVs. Most people don't think of yourself as the protagonists in those cases, but rather as an observer and, if they want, as the men who fuck the woman. Fiction in general is about empathy, but you can always choose with whom you want to empathize.

As for the topic itself... All people want to feel great about themselves, it's our ego at work, but when it comes to sexual satisfactions rules are different. Many women want to be treated as sluts or slaves in bed, the same goes for some men as well. Because there are multiple sources of pleasure from sex—mainly it's the pleasure of dominance, i.e. having power over someone, and the pleasure of being with a great partner, which is directly related to submission. And the greatness of a partner is always comparative. You'll enjoy having sex with a queen way more if you're just a servant yourself, than if you're a king. Moreover so if you, as a mere servant, are making the queen to submit to you while cucking the king, who's much higher in status than you. But the problem with this is that when you treat a woman as a slut, you automatically stop considering her as a "great partner" because she loses a part of her status in your eyes. And NTR allows open minded people to get the best of all worlds.

You put the girl on the pedestal as a "beta cuck" who's her boyfriend or husband, who treats her with respect and love, while she's treated just as a toy by another man, for whom she's a mere slut. This contrast is extremely hot, but not everyone can enjoy it because many people feel hurt and it's too personal for them to accept their arousal. Femdom works in a similar way, btw. The more a girl dominates you, the higher is her status compared to you and the more she's desirable. On the other hand, when it's you who dominates the girl, you enjoy your power over her, which is a different type of pleasure.

BTW, for this reason, paradoxically, it's more common for high-status men to be into femdom and cucking. They're already very high value by default, they need an additional push for them to feel that their women, even hot ones, are actually of a high enough status to be worthy of being their partners. And low-status men and those with low self-esteem usually can't take ntr or femdom at all, because it triggers their insecurities. Normally, though, a person should be capable of enjoying all sorts of stories, be it harems, love stories, or ntr.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
NTR usually brings with it my favorite themes for fapping—corruption (moral degeneration), male dom, cheating. I like girls getting corrupted by some villain dick. It can be the MC doing it or the NTR baddie, I don't care. It's just that male MC based corruption, male dom, etc, are always very tame in comparison (because devs usually want the MC to be kinda sympathetic) and doesn't really delve fully into how the females are being corrupted. Female MC POV corruption/NTR are decent, but it often gives too much agency to the female being corrupted (even in those retard in rape town games). It doesn't hit the same chord when it feels like the females are corrupting themselves more so than being corrupted by some baddy.

Just as an example, I enjoy all Miel games in the same way I would enjoy a low effort NTR game. Miel MCs pretty much act like NTR antagonists and the girls get corrupted the same way (although way too rapidly).