Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

flawper

Oct 22, 2019
Most VNs are untranslatable with mtool. The tool is mainly for rpgmaker and wolf engine. It does support kirikiri engine, which is used for VNs. The translation can bug out a bit though. But the mtool dev is pretty involved and if you ask him on discord he will try to fix the issue (he did for netorare princess for example, which is kirikiri and the translation hadnospaces for some reason).

It can be pretty hard to find out which engine the game are using beforehand though.
How does the paid version work though? Is it like a one time purchase or monthly payment to use or something like T++?

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
How does the paid version work though? Is it like a one time purchase or monthly payment to use or something like T++?
You sub to the patreon, they send you a link to download the paid version in like 10 minutes. 30 days from that it stops working, as you are no longer a member (unless you keep paying the patreon sub).

They changed the levels recently, so I am not sure which gives which now, but the added stuff is not more game engines translatable, but more translators themselves. For example you can use chatgpt 3,5 or sugoi (I use sugoi). The difference between google translate and sugoi is pretty staggering for me, so I think it is worth it.

That being said, most of the recent notable releases get translated by Dazedanon, whose chatgpt4 translation is better than what mtool gives you. Also I am not sure but I feel like Mtool has been a bit worse at translating lately. Maybe the games are using some more complicated stuff.

And for VNs you have , which is not perfect, but imo preferable to nothing or using textractor. Of course you need to be lucky that the game you are looking for got translated. They have translated a load of games already though, so the chance is not THAT small.

Reactions: LordFrz

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
Also I am not sure but I feel like Mtool has been a bit worse at translating lately. Maybe the games are using some more complicated stuff.
If you're talking about the free translations, that's because the free translation switched from the Google API to Bing.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
If you're talking about the free translations, that's because the free translation switched from the Google API to Bing.
No I mean all translations. Like for example had a game where it was unable to take all text together and put it to make sense.
It took every new row as a new sentence to translate. So you would have dialogue window of 5 rows and they would all be disjointed.

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
No I mean all translations. Like for example had a game where it was unable to take all text together and put it to make sense.
It took every new row as a new sentence to translate. So you would have dialogue window of 5 rows and they would all be disjointed.
Ah, okay. I don't pay the Patreon, so I had no idea the quality slippage was happening in the pay-walled parts, too.

KloneZone

Apr 24, 2020
What doesn't help with MTool is that there Text wrapping sucks I have to keep lowering the font size to read whats being said.

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
Damn, how can we try to read the venus game in english on our own then?
I just simply use Textractor. It's very readable. If there are some bad inputs, I just copy the jp dialog from textractor and simply use deepl online to properly translate the line. Most of the choices are also translated, just gonna find the proper hook line of it. In rare cases, I just use OCR to translate the choices.

Since Im aware that Venus games dont get translated, It's not a big hassle for me to use Textractor.

Also, If you dont have multiple monitors, I suggest pairing it with Chitranslite.

jaden000

May 30, 2020
Just finished the recent Venus game. I gotta say, 2nd route doesnt have the same impact, but it's still good. Wish there's more variations to the scenes . Same with 1st route, 2nd route has good ending in it, but no sex scenes for mc.

This is easily one of my fav ntr vns this year. Now all I'm waiting is the last December update of Fujino's game so I can enjoy and begin Sao Part 2 properly.
Just need mtl version of it now

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
Just need mtl version of it now
There was a guy who posted here a while ago saying that he has MTLed Venus and Rascou games but the quality is bad so he never released it. Maybe you can ask the guy if he's willing to do it even if it's not a proper mtl. I finished the VN with textractor, so I dont see a scenario being worse than it.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Ah, okay. I don't pay the Patreon, so I had no idea the quality slippage was happening in the pay-walled parts, too.
I dont know, maybe I just got unlucky. But with dazed and overall having played most of the notable untranslated rpgm stuff, I find the value I get from mtool to be less and less.

But if you have a number of untranslated rpgm games that you want to play, I think that it is definitely worth the Sugoi translator level price. The dev is really helpful, if you have issues he might fix em in discord.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
You sub to the patreon, they send you a link to download the paid version in like 10 minutes. 30 days from that it stops working, as you are no longer a member (unless you keep paying the patreon sub).

They changed the levels recently, so I am not sure which gives which now, but the added stuff is not more game engines translatable, but more translators themselves. For example you can use chatgpt 3,5 or sugoi (I use sugoi). The difference between google translate and sugoi is pretty staggering for me, so I think it is worth it.

That being said, most of the recent notable releases get translated by Dazedanon, whose chatgpt4 translation is better than what mtool gives you. Also I am not sure but I feel like Mtool has been a bit worse at translating lately. Maybe the games are using some more complicated stuff.

And for VNs you have , which is not perfect, but imo preferable to nothing or using textractor. Of course you need to be lucky that the game you are looking for got translated. They have translated a load of games already though, so the chance is not THAT small.
Yea, for translating ive kinda stopped using mtool. Its still great for cheating at rpgm games especially when they have tedious mechanics. However, the translation part has cause my games to lag so bad they are unplayable. Ever since he got rid of google translate its just not been that great. Might be some limitations of using bing tbh, but just makes my game freeze.

Jun 15, 2018
Yea, for translating ive kinda stopped using mtool. Its still great for cheating at rpgm games especially when they have tedious mechanics. However, the translation part has cause my games to lag so bad they are unplayable. Ever since he got rid of google translate its just not been that great. Might be some limitations of using bing tbh, but just makes my game freeze.
Yea I got the lags as well, I used the sugoi translater in mtool. I think its slightly better than bing, still worse than google.

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
LOL Google is better than Sugoi... And there was that guy I think in one of the recent dazedanon's releases who said that Sugoi is way better than ChatGPT... What a mess...

En89

Apr 22, 2019
Hmm weird, I haven't noticed any performance problems. I'm using Sugoi most of the times. I'll watch that in the future. Still, bing is garbage and the thing sometimes seems to load forever when you just start up the tool.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes