Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Dthstalker

Jun 26, 2024
Even that VNDB definition can be a bit limiting and trying to categorize a broad subject into neat aspects.
I don't want to come off as an asshole, and you're not wrong, but that is the point of a definition.

I specifically only referred to netorare as I didn't want to get bogged down in it's various offshoots netorase and netori. Your post all factual, I just think its dangerous to bring up when ppl are struggling with even one basic definition to open up the whole can of worms.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Hey everyone someone posted a NTR thread with a more clear definition. Just wanted some of yall 2 cents just wondering if yall agree.
https://f95zone.to/threads/i-will-clear-up-a-misconception-of-ntr.213910/
He seems to only have a surface level of understanding for the type of NTR he likes.

NTR being Netorare to begin with has evolved over time as people felt the need to make it easier to find specific things. NTR is now sort of a blanket term for everything that pertains to that category. NTR as a base needs an element of loss.

Netorare - MC has their loved one stolen
Netorase - MC willingly shares their loved one, the closest to cuckhold. But being NTR has that element of loss.
Netori - MC steals the loved ones of others.
BSS - MC has a one sided attachment to a loved one and feels that element of loss. The key difference is that the loved one does not have any real feelings for the MC.

All these would be NTR to me. And a loved one does not need to be in a sexual relationship. MC having his mom stolen by a school bully would still be NTR. Even when the MC does not want to fuck his mom. But the mom getting remarried would not necessarily be NTR if the element of loss does not exist. NTR has to build that feeling of anxiety the loss of someone can create.

And as blablablagivemethemoney said. It's about how YOU as the one consuming the media feel about it.

Last edited:

Gone405

May 1, 2024
He seems to only have a surface level of understanding for the type of NTR he likes.

NTR being Netorare to begin with has evolved over time as people felt the need to make it easier to find specific things. NTR is now sort of a blanket term for everything that pertains to that category. NTR as a base needs an element of loss.

Netorase - MC willingly shares their loved one, the closest to cuckhold. But being NTR has that element of loss.
BSS - MC has a one sided attachment to a loved one and feels that element of loss. The key difference is that the loved one does not have any real feelings for the MC.

All these would be NTR to me. And a loved one does not need to be in a sexual relationship. MC having his mom stolen by a school bully would still be NTR. Even when the MC does not want to fuck his mom. But the mom getting remarried would not necessarily be NTR if the element of loss does not exist. NTR has to build that feeling of anxiety the loss of someone can create.
thanks for the input I appreciate the answer!

Reactions: LordFrz

luccel

Jan 30, 2021

he also seems to be like legit an incel

1719449795387.png

• Haha
Reactions: LordFrz
Jul 27, 2020
Hello, guys. Trying to create a small, simple ntr game. It will be on the renpy.
So the couple of questions:
What do you think about humor in ntr?
What do you think about AI CG?
what's more to your liking? Bad endings or good endings?

Reactions: Gone405

Gone405

May 1, 2024
Hello, guys. Trying to create a small, simple ntr game. It will be on the renpy.
I don't mind it but don't care for it either.
I don't think I've seen enough to give you a good answer but if its anything to how AI pics are than its ok imo
I like both!

Kabokle

Oct 8, 2017
could not give a shit about NTRguru35649 stating his viewpoint of NTR as the factual definition once again. NTR is a feeling more than anything else, it is felt by all sorts of people in all sorts of different forms for all sorts of different reasons. Betrayal, corruption, loss, humiliation, stealing, rape. Prude couple, depraved couple, crushes, siblings, parents, friends, nameless NPCs, guardian angels. Cuckoldry, swinging, whoring or outright cheating. Netorare, Netorase, Netori, BSS(lmfao).

It literally doesn't matter. There's no point trying to narrow down the definition further than it already has been, and I don't like it because it feels very gatekeep-y for no good reason.
Best NTR definition ever. All of u idiots that keep arguing every day about what is or isn't ntr and that flood the thread with the same debates every week really need to chill tf out

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
Humor is not a bad thing to add, as long as it's a good one. It also depends on your theme. If the plot doesnt take itself seriously, go nuts with it.

AI art is never a bad thing imo. It helps people who has low affinity in art.You just need to be good at making prompts .
Personally, I prefer the ones that doesnt have a realistic shading in them. Keeping the shading simple is the key.

Bad endings should always be the meat of your ntr game. You can add a good ending/vanilla route but imo, if it's something very cliche, I wont be bothered checking it out.

Goodluck in making your game.(y)

Pango_12

Jun 8, 2019
From the visual novel database website:

"Netorare is more than a simple act of infidelity, but the fetishization of jealousy and other negative feelings commonly associated with it.

For a game to be classified as Netorare the following conditions must be met:

1. The protagonist's significant other, a very close friend, or in some cases, a close relative is stolen from him by someone seducing, coercing, blackmailing, outright raping them, or by using other techniques. It doesn't necessarily mean that they are literally stolen, but the negative feelings experienced by their significant other might make it seem so.

2. The one who loses their loved one almost always finds out about the situation and suffers from jealousy and the feeling of helplessness arisen from an inability to change anything. The one stealing the lover and/or the stolen loved one might rub it in by humiliating the loser in private or in public.

3. The trait does not apply if the character having sex with someone else does not have a close loving relationship with the protagonist, and if the protagonist does not experience jealousy and other negative feelings upon finding out about the act. In other words, the ties between the partners and their forcible separation is important to the netorare fetish. For example, an unrequited crush or a potential hero(ine) on a different route would not count for the purposes of this fetish.

4. The act of stealing must happen while the protagonist is in a relationship with the stolen significant other. Scenes of heroine's past relationships do not count as Netorare.

The game is usually portrayed from the perspective of someone losing his significant other, in order to delve deep into the jealousy aspect of the fetish, however, for story purposes the game might switch between multiple POVs and also portray the events from the perspective of the stolen SO."
Who got paid to write that, I wonder.

Jul 27, 2020
Humor is not a bad thing to add, as long as it's a good one. It also depends on your theme. If the plot doesnt take itself seriously, go nuts with it.

AI art is never a bad thing imo. It helps people who has low affinity in art.You just need to be good at making prompts .
Personally, I prefer the ones that doesnt have a realistic shading in them. Keeping the shading simple is the key.

Bad endings should always be the meat of your ntr game. You can add a good ending/vanilla route but imo, if it's something very cliche, I wont be bothered checking it out.

Goodluck in making your game.(y)
Thank you.

melantha

Jan 21, 2019
oh is it that time of the month again where we discuss NTR definition?

has its own thread this time? now we're in for some spectacle.

i thought we all agreed that NTR, without the suffix, is all-encompassing - cheating, corruption, family, bss, rare, rase, ri, etc

i dont remember playing any with that setup, but i might not be fond of humor in NTR

while I'm open to them in the first place, i have come to accept AI CG completely, especially with most AI chatbots i talk to have AI CG and have fallen for some of them, yea sure. still depends on how you implement it. there are some good titles with good AI CG, but some are just blatant effortless unedited scraps. remember to keep characters consistent. make sure you establish what they look like, and not just "yea looks similar enough".

i like it to have at least one good ending. I'd like the idea that I can still aim for the girl, and that any NTR happens at my fault. it has an additive kick when it's due to your actions or inaction. usually i do one good playthrough, and establish love for fmc, then accept the pain on succeeding playthroughs/reload.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
There is always someone starting "philosophy" class when i open this Thread up to see any interesting news or links. Frustrating.
Actually the last few pages are pretty link heavy. But the thread does have "discussion" in its name, so yeah.

I was however wondering about perhaps having like some google doc or something that would aggregate all interesting ntr links and releases for each month.
But I am too lazy to make it.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes