Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Well, I took my time messing with this one... and I have to say I have mixed feelings about it (even beyond the usual ones I have when MTL of any kind is involved...)

This is by far Acerola's weakest release in QUITE a while. Not just in terms of gameplay, but also of content in general. The game is a pure scene collector and the stats are mostly for show and much more poorly implemented than they've ever been. (Excitement, for example, seems to do exactly nothing...) They re-use CGs quite a bit... though even then, they still have a lot more variety then plenty of other games out there... but it's a poor showing by Acerola standards.

Also annoying is the gallery. Each of the four guys that can pursue Chika have some dot animations that are specific to them that do NOT show up in the gallery. You can only see them in the game as you play. Additionally, the gallery doesn't include stuff like the calls you can make to Chika while she's fucking around or anything of that sort.

The only thing that still seems to be on point for Acerola is the writing... as much as one can tell with the MTL, but it seems to have their usual lewd and humorous tone that's characteristic in all of their works. Chika is established from the intro to be an absolutely massive nympho, albeit unaware of the full severity of her own tendencies, and her "fall" to each of the guys that can pursue her is well in character with what's established, if ridiculous and exaggerated in various ways. Still, it works, and the resulting scenes are hot if you like Acerola's usual style and shenanigans. Chika is hot and lewd, and becomes increasingly lewd as things move forward.

Additionally, it's actually pretty typical for the heroines in their NTR works to fall in a matter of days. The number of specific events "per route" is actually still normal for Acerola, there's just a lot fewer options overall. Especially when you compare it with its predecessor, the Monica game.

That's not a fair comparison btw, because that game got content in both patches and the Append, and had a much longer development time than the Chika game, AND it didn't have as much of a competition for resources.

When judging this game, several things must be noted:
1. It was done partly in time with the previous tentacle game as well as Dragon Blood, which is Acerola's current major project that's been in the works for quite a while. This was never meant to be a true successor to Monica.

2. This is the 1st time that Acerola made a game that's played from the cuck's perspective in full, and it was mostly done due to fan request from my understanding of things. The circle has no real experience with that, and from what I've seen, they don't particularly care about what makes it appealing in the harder NTR circles either, so it was bound to be a flop from those angles.

3. This is the 1st time Acerola introduced full on, absolutely completely functional Mouse support in a Wolf Game. Wolf, as an engine, was infamously bad about mouse support, though I dunno if that applies to the newer versions of the engine. Chika was made with a newer wolf version than most Acerola games (though some were updated to said version). Because of that, there was likely some teething involved on top of reduced resources for the project.

4. Well, no matter how you look at it, this game is still head and shoulders above many other H-games out there in terms of content and quality, as long as you enjoy Acerola's specific art style and writing.

All in all, NTR Sister Chika is a bad Acerola game for sure, but it's still a pretty decent H-game in general. Where I'd say that most of Acerola's games are 4 star material or 4.5 stars, as long as you enjoy the subjective elements involved... then this one is more along the lines of a 3-star, if you squint. Probably a 2.5 star. At least on pure objective elements. If you like big tiddy, twin-tailed slutty blondes that get addicted to cocks easily, than this game is definitely worth grabbing and enjoying.

Don't come here for the NTR though. It's very "soft" and very poorly implemented for the cuck perspective. Even the corruption angle basically doesn't exist. This is more a game about Chika getting all the dicks to satisfy her nymphomania than it is a game about Kazuki getting cucked.

MaydayM'dick

Aug 13, 2017
Bro is cucking himself. And as dense as a board. Hears his sister masturbating and calling out his name and thinks she's exercising and while that would usually be suspicious enough, he's already had sex with her so he should definitely get what she's doing. Dense as a board and dumb as a brick.

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
Bro is cucking himself. And as dense as a board. Hears his sister masturbating and calling out his name and thinks she's exercising and while that would usually be suspicious enough, he's already had sex with her so he should definitely get what she's doing. Dense as a board and dumb as a brick.
He also sees her getting railed a few times, and his reaction is "hey that girl looks a lot like my sister. surely not her tho".

I enjoyed the game, it's not Acerola's best by any means but it's a fun romp.

Reactions: MaydayM'dick

Cristiany

Dec 3, 2017
i see,only 1 girl,it is sad,it should be better with more girls, anyway there are any way or cheat or whatever for have infinite days and see the ending when you want??, if it is 40 days only,i feel the game like very short,not enough for see all H scenes,also I like to play without rushing.

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
That's not a fair comparison btw, because that game got content in both patches and the Append, and had a much longer development time than the Chika game, AND it didn't have as much of a competition for resources.

When judging this game, several things must be noted:
1. It was done partly in time with the previous tentacle game as well as Dragon Blood, which is Acerola's current major project that's been in the works for quite a while. This was never meant to be a true successor to Monica.

Don't come here for the NTR though. It's very "soft" and very poorly implemented for the cuck perspective. Even the corruption angle basically doesn't exist. This is more a game about Chika getting all the dicks to satisfy her nymphomania than it is a game about Kazuki getting cucked.
Yeah I feel like by average H-game standards this game isn't that bad. I feel like it's two biggest problems comes down to the two things you stated that I quoted here. So far I've only done the store managers events so maybe the game does some of the stuff I have issues with better on the other routes but the game just consistently feels like it's not living up to the full potential of it's premise. For example the game asks everyday if you want to wander around at night but it's pointless to do so 99% of the time because the random night-time H-events only happen if you skip doing any events during the day.

And I feel like that bleeds into part of why the NTR doesn't really work too well here because there's plenty of mechanics that could make it interesting as an NTR-focused game, but they aren't implemented in a way that really enhances the NTR aspect. What would've worked far better for the premise of this game would be to have Chika do different stuff depending of her stats. So early on she'd behave like she does now, but at higher lewdness and desire levels you'd come across less dialogue heavy pixel art scenes of her masturbating or fucking mob characters and then even the unique npcs onces shes done enough of their events.

This is more a game about Chika getting all the dicks to satisfy her nymphomania than it is a game about Kazuki getting cucked.
I kinda wish the game leaned more into that aspect because one of the extra scenes where Chika has an orgy in the store had a bit at the end where Chika thinks about what she would've done if Kazuki knew about what she was doing but accepted her and participated in the orgy. Like it made me imagine a game with a sort of an inversion of the typical Netorarse game premise where instead of it being "I can't get an erection unless I see my lover cheating on me" it's instead "I'm a nympomaniac and I can't get aroused enough to have sex with my boyfriend unless I cheat on him with a bunch of other guys first". I feel like that would've been a pretty novel premise for the game and would've probably been easier for them to write considering it's somewhat in-line with how most Acerola games heroines are.

Last edited:

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I played every route and unlocked all the gallery manually (this game was basically my only source of "material" for the whole week and a bit) and I can tell you that you don't get any events at night that aren't related to either Chika having the Lewd status, or related to triggering certain day-time events that then have consequences at night.

However, if Kazuki just works and Chika isn't in Lewd status, nothing happens even if you maxed out events with one of the guys, including their 3 special events that max hearts that require items.

So yeeeeeaaaaah. No. It doesn't get better with any of the other guys, though some of them have more or less night or day events where there's pixel art of Chika that you can see. I think it's Saruyama that has the most events that extend into nights? But he also has the most annoying event conditions too... He has two events that can only happen on a Sunday, and I think both specifically require taking Chika out on a date. The events are hot, sure enough, but depending on specific week days like those on a time limit makes them annoying.

I haven't tried to see what happens if you progress more than one guy a lot. With 40 days, I THINK you can max out the hearts for two of them, depending on which you try with and how... but I don't think I'll bother.

In any case, when it came to that last thing you mentioned. Well, read the spoiler if you want.

You basically get something like that with Saruyama's ending, where Chika fucks both of them. She ends up still loving Kazuki and being addicted to Saruyama's dick. She loves Kazuki more, but her desires are more satisfied by Saruyama, and she's basically with both of them. Kazuki concludes that it's fine as long as Chika's happy, and the two guys compete in various ways to keep her satisfied.

The Janitor ending implies that something like this may happen there as well, since Chika's relationship with the guy is more like that between call-girl and client, and she invites Kazuki to keep fucking her whenever he wants when he sees the truth, and the janitor doesn't mind. Even in the store ending, Chika comes back home and it's left on a note where Kazuki could indeed keep fucking her even as she becomes an AV actress.

The only ending where the "bull" seems to truly monopolize her is Shota's ending, who seems to have no intention of sharing Chika with anyone, and the two form a twisted relationship where Chika is technically his slave that does whatever he wants... but she also manipulates his libido into satisfying all of her overwhelming urges. Yes. The shota is the biggest bastard in the whole game. XD Even there, Kazuki awakens to his inner cuck and enjoys the greatest masturbation of his life so things don't end up particularly bad for him.

In any case, it's not surprising that things ended up like this with the game being as it is.

I agree with you that the game could have had Chika do various things during the day and evening, which could be influenced by her stats as well as the schedules of the other guys after her. There's a reason why I consider Nebel the best NTR game currently out there, because Kana and L do things all on their own, and all the player can do is prevent them from happening or not, but he can't control their events directly.

This game technically had the potential for something like that too, with things being pushed around some depending on how and when the player pays attention to Chika and her nymphomania.

However, at the end of the day, Acerola has no experience with games where a main character is basically programmed to do things and whatnot. Even in Monica, any night events of Monica's are dictated by event progressions and whatnot when you choose to enter the cuck's part, while the other two girls have very simple patterns that were also dictated by events progressions in certain ways.

I have no idea if they even understand the appeal of something like that. XD If you looked at ci-en posts and whatnot about some of their NTR games, their focus seems to be on the girl and whatever slutty stuff she got into, the cuck seems to be more of an afterthought because it's NTR.

Mr_Sandmanx

Feb 3, 2018
Is it me or is Acerola making these latest games with the same protagonist or at least with the same style?

Last edited:

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
Is it me or is Acerola making these latest games with the same protagonist or at least with the same style?
Depends on what you mean by that.

Thing is, what people that don't poke their nose in Acerola's ci-en don't know, is that big-boobed, twin-tailed blondes are a thing for the person in charge of Acerola. Which is why they're one of their most common character archetypes.

Chika is obvious, and she was like this too in the original game where she was a side-character. Kanade and the Ecchi Worklife (which STILL doesn't have a full, decent translation... :/) Before that, Monica can be big boobed, she's blonde, and I think some scenes/outfits have her with twin-tails. Then there's Claire from TH Claire. Or Tear from "Tear and the Library of Labyrinths". The 3rd main character of Melissa, is a big boobed blonde heroine, though I don't remember if she ever ended up with twin-tails.

Their oldest game, which also doesn't have any translation at all to my knowledge, Passion Hero Erina, features a, you guessed it, big boobed, twin-tailed blonde.

So yeah, if you feel like Chika's style of character reoccurs a lot... that's because it totally is and it's on purpose. In some ways, it's a miracle that we don't have one of these in literally every game.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the cuck of the game.

Well, all of Acerola's cucks are kind of like this? In the sense that they're ridiculously oblivious to what's happening with their girl, though, other Acerola games have a stat related to discovery, which, if it passes a certain threshold, or if it maxed, I don't remember, allows the cuck to figure out what the girl is doing, though that doesn't end the game. I don't remember the full details there.

Kazuki himself has been in a game before though. That is to say, the Kanade game. This is basically an AU where Kazuki never got with Kanade and where Chika confessed to him and whatnot first.

Reactions: rKnight
2.30 star(s) 15 Votes