Which scene do you like in the game?

• Total voters

Kel2513

May 16, 2019
View attachment 3535413

Slightly disappointed by this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You've really jumped to bizarre assumptions and conclusions here.
There is no victim blaming in that scene. Zero. Null.
Saying that someone is really strong for not letting their trauma affect them is valid and positive.
Know why?
Because the alternative is not that someone unable to get past trauma is weak but that they are just normal. That character could have been just normal and continued to let their past affect them as happens almost everywhere everyday. Or do you think therapists are also toxic/victim blamers when they compliment their patients with words such as 'strong' for finally speaking up about painful events?
You say you've been a writer for adult games....Well, i can only hope you learn nuance in convos better going forward.

As for the trans thing: again, dont make wild assumptions and you wont be disappointed for no reason.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: L7Bear

neweclipse

Dec 1, 2018
By looking at the RenPy code, I found image 49 and 59
In Episode 7, when you quiz Bailey, you have to have 4 wrong answers to unlock image 49, and 5 wrong answers to unlock image 50 (6 wrong answers unlocks image 51)

Images 2 and 39 don't seem to be unlockable as of version 0.12.1
Image 2 is Luna at the library the first time you meet her. It seems the dev just forgot to add the code to unlock it
Image 39 is Clarissa at the nudist gardening club, similar to image 21. It's probably a mixup and would have been unlocked when at the end of the governor's meeting (Patron-only version), but instead it unlocks image 41, which is Valerie at the underwear inspection (it also unlocks it there too)
which RenPy file should I open to see this code?
thank you

nemezisss

Jul 15, 2017
which RenPy file should I open to see this code?
thank you
In the game folder, script.rpy contains chapter 1 to 3, Episode_4.rpy, contains chapter 4 (etc, Episode_X.rpy for chapter X). A few other for special scenes (Bailey_Study_Night.rpy, DreamOlivia.rpy, etc, usually named descriptively enough). A few generic files (animation.rpy, options.rpy, etc) for generic purposes.
Basically, any .rpy file contains plain-text RenPy code, most of which are worth a look

archive.rpa
The .rpa files (RenPy Archive, by all probabilities) are most likely all files, combined and packaged in a RenPy specific manner. Un-archivers exist, but I haven't used them (most seem to be Windows, and I am on Linux). .rpy files contain the code in plain text. Many, but not all, RenPy games also package them. .rpyc (renpy, compiled) a most likely compiled versions of .rpy, apparently binary, non human readable.

Disclaimer: All of this, I gathered from looking the files inside the zip files and reversed-engineering, and not from official sources, so I may be (and often am) mistaken on a few details.

Reactions: neweclipse

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The .rpa files (RenPy Archive, by all probabilities) are most likely all files, combined and packaged in a RenPy specific manner. Un-archivers exist, but I haven't used them (most seem to be Windows, and I am on Linux).
here should be renpy extractor for linux too (check tools subforum). archive.rpa contains "everything" but sometimes devs make images.rpa etc or just folders where everything is unpacked.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
The .rpa files (RenPy Archive, by all probabilities) are most likely all files, combined and packaged in a RenPy specific manner. Un-archivers exist, but I haven't used them (most seem to be Windows, and I am on Linux).
There's this one it works ok.
Unren - Linux - Mac. But I'd suggest usin this one: Once it's in the \game name\game folder, run the game normal and after game errors, remove it + the rpyc file and you'll have a folder in the main game folder with everything. Some games are stubborn though, as I'm sure you know.

3.50 star(s) 50 Votes