Mod Ren'Py Nursing Back to Pleasure [Final] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Luxune

Sep 1, 2019
It should go fine for you. The exception is if the translation conversion renames any of my code within the base scripts. I do my best to use acronyms and non-language based code to prevent it but it's always possible due to conditional statements.
Thanks a lot for hard work <3

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You're welcome. Let me know if the order of translation doesn't work somewhere in the code and I'll resolve. We'll work it out together, no problem. Note that this is the case for any version of SanchoMod for any VN... do your shenanigans before installing the mod. If it doesn't work it's because of the shenanigans :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
One second... does your translation process work on the fly or do you need to physically change the dialogue inside the scripts for translation? If it physically alters the file(s) then the process will be different and I can write a short instruction for how to do so. If it does it on the fly then that's the way I code iPatch's as well. It's a cleaner process.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I feel I should elaborate to eliminate future confusion. The steps of translation should be as follows if the translation method requires physical change of the dialogue scripts (in other words if it actually writes new dialogue code into the original dialogue scripts and doesn't merely convert dialogue on the fly). Conversion on the fly is the preferred method and is similar to what I use for my iPatch files in particular VN's.

If the translation requires physically altering the dialogue scripts then the process is as follows (to retain fully functional Mod features):
  1. Copy the dialogue scripts from inside the mod's zip separately and by themselves to the "game" folder.
  2. Run your translation code that alters the scripts.
  3. Re-open the mod's zip and copy both "SanchoMod.rpa" and the "SanchoMod" folder then copy both inside the "game" folder.
  4. Run the VN to double-check the operation.
If using standard RenPy translation (built-in translation) or other "on the fly" separate scripts then the above DOES NOT APPLY.

Hopefully that'll clear things up for folks that are not English native. Let me know. Regards.

Reactions: thegrimm

calel

Aug 19, 2021
Please update the mod Nursing Back to Pleasure - Episode 13

Reactions: Punto

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks Sancho!

PSA: I know it's in the OP, but remember to use the save fixer while you wait.
... and don't forget to delete it before installing the mod update. I reckon that might piss off some of the code (although I'll admit I've never tested it that way... guess I should and alter it if needed to dummy-proof it)

Regards

Reactions: colombeen

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey y'all. Ain't gonna lie, I'd have been happier if this didn't drop until tomorrow but as you can tell from the OP I've been on it. Most know that my first steps are to always port over the newest Core mod code (that's applicable to the title), then migrate the old script(s) into new script(s), then I get to actually progressing with analyzing the new content for the dynamic ChoiceGuide & SanchoGallery. Those are the basics with everything else necessary sprinkled in over all those steps intermittently. Even though these DanielsK titles are a bit easier to work with due to lower complexity in choices it still take a bit of time to sort all of it. SanchoMod is a complex bit of code just on its own so there's no shortcuts... they always come back to bite me (remember that botched HardToLove deployment with the wrong scripts packaged at first?).

On the good note, there's only nine choices in this episode so the ChoiceGuide won't take too long. I just need to verify any new variables against old ones for consequences and declare them. This dev never declares his variables until he's ready to use them so I do that automatically in the mod when the VN first fires up each time. I'll slightly rewrite the gallery after that is done and prep everything for public distribution.

Enough yammering. I'll get back to it. I'd chunk out a teaser pic but there's really nothing for me to tease... the GUI is the same it's really just a story update. I'll keep you posted as I get closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.

When? Tonight... maybe. Maybe not. I'll know once I've closer to final integrity testing and have no way to estimate before that to be honest. Anyway, time for that first Crown & Coke and get back to work. Thank you all for your patience. And hope all is well with you and yours.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes