runner11

Jul 15, 2021
I think I'm gonna drop the 'mini' part and just call these daily animation challenges. Less of a mouth-full.

Sorry for the late notice, but a lot of entries have been down to the wire behind the scenes. A lot of artists expressed interest in doing the animation challenge, and many of those who already did it wanted to do it again (at some point). Plus some people couldn't make it last time. So I figured if it's only three days, it couldn't hurt to do it again this month. Keep in mind I don't know if this is going to be a monthly thing. It just sort of lined up like this.

To quote my previous month's post:

For those who don't know, the daily animation challenge is something I started doing to challenge myself to create an animation every day for 5 days straight. The making of each animation should be constrained to 24 hours, with the only other requirements being that something has to be publicly released at the end of each day. It's sort of like what Beeple did.
Well this time I'm treating it as a separate, smaller event where we're only going for 3 days and other artists are involved. It's still going to be pretty independent, but I just wanted to make this sort of an event so that we could all try it together. The requirements are the same for everyone and there's no real competition or anything.
This time around we'll be using an optional modifier to make things a little more interesting. For this 3-day challenge artists will have the optional goal to connect each of their three daily animations with some sort of theme or story. This can be pretty loose (such as just using the same characters) or more involved (such as telling a story). They can get as creative as they want with it, like implementing audience interaction or collaborating with other creators.

Here are the other artists participating:

RadRoachHD DesireSfm Amazonium3D BoB_D3D Futuretist GIFDOOZER Snellumi

Like before, everyone will be adhering to their own separate time zones so if you follow all of these people then expect a smattering of animations throughout the days.

RTG$02

Mar 3, 2021
Daily Animation Challenge: February 19 - 21, 2024
I think I'm gonna drop the 'mini' part and just call these daily animation challenges. Less of a mouth-full.
Sorry for the late notice, but a lot of entries have been down to the wire behind the scenes. A lot of artists expressed interest in doing the animation challenge, and many of those who already did it wanted to do it again (at some point). Plus some people couldn't make it last time. So I figured if it's only three days, it couldn't hurt to do it again this month. Keep in mind I don't know if this is going to be a monthly thing. It just sort of lined up like this.
To quote my previous month's post:
For those who don't know, the daily animation challenge is something I started doing to challenge myself to create an animation every day for 5 days straight. The making of each animation should be constrained to 24 hours, with the only other requirements being that something has to be publicly released at the end of each day. It's sort of like what Beeple did.
Well this time I'm treating it as a separate, smaller event where we're only going for 3 days and other artists are involved. It's still going to be pretty independent, but I just wanted to make this sort of an event so that we could all try it together. The requirements are the same for everyone and there's no real competition or anything.
This time around we'll be using an optional modifier to make things a little more interesting. For this 3-day challenge artists will have the optional goal to connect each of their three daily animations with some sort of theme or story. This can be pretty loose (such as just using the same characters) or more involved (such as telling a story). They can get as creative as they want with it, like implementing audience interaction or collaborating with other creators.
Here are the other artists participating:

Like before, everyone will be adhering to their own separate time zones so if you follow all of these people then expect a smattering of animations throughout the days.

Reactions: Alienlighter

Monztamash

Nov 4, 2017
I just want more Overwatch from him.
The BG3 characters just don't do much for me.

Well most probably because the 3D models he created for Overwatch are insanely bangers.
Most artists I'm following are using them now.

RTG$02

Mar 3, 2021
The Bordello: Calarel - Story WIPs

In this one, Calarel makes a tough career choice. Oh and Darcey makes a guest appearance.
The Bordello is still chugging along. It's nice to finally be able to work on the regular old-fashioned story stuff. Things move a lot faster, and with less head-aches too. I get to practice the things I'm in dire need of practicing. Fundamentals like blocking, expression, editing, clothing, etc. Speaking of clothing; I got to make them custom outfits since it doesn't make much sense to walk around town in underwear.
I'm definitely pushing for more fidelity on this one. I mean really trying to give each shot attention and a reason to be in the cut. The shots in the story scenes for the previous entries into the series have never really gotten as much attention from me as with the sex scenes, and Eevee has always imposed its limitations too. But with cycles I get to really push things further, tackle a broader range of shots, and dig into the details.

1708319474615.png
1708319497826.png
1708319504216.png
1708319509670.png
1708319514535.png
1708319519468.png

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
The Bordello: Calarel - Story WIPs

In this one, Calarel makes a tough career choice. Oh and Darcey makes a guest appearance.
The Bordello is still chugging along. It's nice to finally be able to work on the regular old-fashioned story stuff. Things move a lot faster, and with less head-aches too. I get to practice the things I'm in dire need of practicing. Fundamentals like blocking, expression, editing, clothing, etc. Speaking of clothing; I got to make them custom outfits since it doesn't make much sense to walk around town in underwear.
I'm definitely pushing for more fidelity on this one. I mean really trying to give each shot attention and a reason to be in the cut. The shots in the story scenes for the previous entries into the series have never really gotten as much attention from me as with the sex scenes, and Eevee has always imposed its limitations too. But with cycles I get to really push things further, tackle a broader range of shots, and dig into the details.

View attachment 3367560
View attachment 3367561
View attachment 3367562
View attachment 3367563
View attachment 3367564
View attachment 3367565
Big HQ Game Cinematic vibes from this previews which speaks greatly about nyl content quality. Pretty hype for this and the other future projects

Reactions: xqp12

ArsenHumby

Nov 27, 2020
Now that I was re-reading the 3 day animation challenge log my mind finally registered the optional objective. He is starting with BG3 and if he decides to adhere to this objective that means that we could have only BG3 animations on this month challenge which would mean no overwatch for us. To be honest I just wanna see a middle-time project with Ana and Mercy when it comes to overwatch content, I pretty much don't care much for anything else

zaqqat5576

Jul 15, 2021
To be honest I just wanna see a middle-time project with Ana and Mercy when it comes to overwatch content, I pretty much don't care much for anything else
Exact same deal for me - if he's gonna do more OW, all I really want would be a longer Mercy/Ana animation. Pharah is alright but I'm kinda tired of Tracer/Widow.
If he's not doing that, then I'm definitely happier if he's focusing more on BG stuff.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes