HORZEKOK

Aug 2, 2020
For those who wasn't refreshing. It's here.

knixis

Jun 18, 2017
My main thoughts are that the video is great (as expected) and that nyl has placed himself at the forefront of being a great 3d artist who delivers great non-vanilla content with regular updates. I would have thought that Miro or Umemaro would have been at the front some time ago but Miro does rare updates nowadays as he probably is more concerned with the Affect3D storefront and UME has gone to very vanilla stuff and the increase in quality has been quite negligible over the last decade (though I'd love to see more of their works either way).
For Nyl I'd say there are 2 things to master:
1) Somehow incorporate more changes/variations in the scenes so that it doesn't just seem like a loop.
2) Don't show the majority of the stuff before the release - status updates are great but I'd like to think a couple additional position that we didn't know about would elevate this video to great levels.

Hope he continues on with the great work!

Last edited:

thafutafanatic

Jan 2, 2020
2) Don't show the majority of the stuff before the release - status updates are great but I'd like to think a couple additional position that we didn't know about would elevate this video to great levels.
I had been thinking this for a while as well, but I wasn't sure if it was some kind of weird or unpopular opinion.
I haven't watched the finished video yet (saving it for tonight), but based on his description, it sounds like 75 - 80 percent of it is stuff we've already seen in his previews. Personally, I'd like to see that switched around in the future to where we get around 20 - 25 percent of the finished video in previews.
Mind you, I'm not complaining about the length of the video. I'm perfectly fine with videos in the 8 - 10 minute range. I just feel like showing the majority of the finished video takes away from that first time anticipation and excitement of watching a new video.

More than anything I just hope that he releases videos on a monthly or bi-monthly basis (I realize these things take time so consistent monthly releases of this length might be too much to hope for.) NYL has been killing it lately and, IMO, is in the absolute top tier of creators. Personally, he's probably my favorite right now.
I'll be absolutely heartbroken if he comes down with a case of Miro-itis and slows things way down now that he's become popular/successful.

Reactions: Jondaveyjones69

Meso

Aug 26, 2017
I had been thinking this for a while as well, but I wasn't sure if it was some kind of weird or unpopular opinion.
I haven't watched the finished video yet (saving it for tonight), but based on his description, it sounds like 75 - 80 percent of it is stuff we've already seen in his previews. Personally, I'd like to see that switched around in the future to where we get around 20 - 25 percent of the finished video in previews.
Mind you, I'm not complaining about the length of the video. I'm perfectly fine with videos in the 8 - 10 minute range. I just feel like showing the majority of the finished video takes away from that first time anticipation and excitement of watching a new video.

More than anything I just hope that he releases videos on a monthly or bi-monthly basis (I realize these things take time so consistent monthly releases of this length might be too much to hope for.) NYL has been killing it lately and, IMO, is in the absolute top tier of creators. Personally, he's probably my favorite right now.
I'll be absolutely heartbroken if he comes down with a case of Miro-itis and slows things way down now that he's become popular/successful.
That wouldn't work from a practical point of view. I mean, think about it, this video took, what, six months to come out? If he only released 25% of it while working on it that would mean that his Patreons would get nothing but radio silence and the occasional pin up for 4-5 months which isn't a very good way to encourage people to give you money.

Poritaka

Jan 3, 2021
What are the chances that he re-renders this animation in 60fps? Now that would be glorious, especially with all the jiggle and bouncing going on.
Still an amazing animation though.

HerbertIronsides

Oct 2, 2017
I like that it was less loopy that his last few works but I always find the animations a little slow, the “finale” of this animation when things speed up is how fast it should of been from the start
Yeah it was all really slow except the last scene. Voice acting was really hot but they needed to talk more. First two scenes were super boring imo. Overall it looks visually stunning but the actual content was really boring tbh.

knixis

Jun 18, 2017
That wouldn't work from a practical point of view. I mean, think about it, this video took, what, six months to come out? If he only released 25% of it while working on it that would mean that his Patreons would get nothing but radio silence and the occasional pin up for 4-5 months which isn't a very good way to encourage people to give you money.
I get what you're saying but I don't really agree/ If you look at his patreon materials over the last 6 months you will see a lot of shorts and one-offs that are not connected to the video released here. This means that he still can put up shorts that aren't connected to the main project quite often so to keep the Patreon public happy. I do wonder what is the setup he is using? Not that I know anything but taking in around 6k from Patreon (after fees, taxes, costs) per month you'd expect him to have a proper rendering rig.

cassie_futa

Jul 16, 2018
there should have been more dialogue and practically I saw all the scenes in the previews that he was posting

cassie_futa

Jul 16, 2018
Or even as it was characters from mortal Kombat there should have been maybe some part of the fight between the three and ended up sidel fucking the two or something like that

Reactions: Hardcoreguy734
5.00 star(s) 5 Votes