Unity Completed Oathbreaker 2 [Season 2 Final] [Rinmaru Games]

4.80 star(s) 12 Votes

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Umm, are we actually sure about the lying part?

Because I'm 100% positive I never lied to Alwenn in my playthrough and my MC still got a good taste of Marianne's affection in chapter 8.

Then again I'm also absolutely sure I chose to save the MC's parents in *that* fight, never mind the political consequences, and just a couple conversations later everyone started talking about her decision to sacrifice them in favour of their allies anyway...
If you are on Alwenn route from the start, I think so but anything is possible.

And, ugh, what fight? Saving parents? I never encountered anything like that in any of my playthroughs.
Is it about the decision to fight or release the dragon? I always choose not to fight since dragons seem to be the key to MCs ascension and call her kin.

aura95

Jun 8, 2020
Interesting, can you share a save?
And here comes the save file, right from the moment MC enters the library to meet the queen in chapter 8.
(Turn it back into a *.json, if you want to use it in the game)

MC was exclusive and honest with Alwenn up to that point (bar a little bit of flirting here and there, especially with Marianne obviously) but gets the option for sexy times with Mari none the less.

I poked around the save file and extracted potentially relevant values concerning Alwenn and Mari for those wanting to compare their own saves directly. Obviously further values might be playing into this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And, ugh, what fight? Saving parents? I never encountered anything like that in any of my playthroughs.
Is it about the decision to fight or release the dragon? I always choose not to fight since dragons seem to be the key to MCs ascension and call her kin.
Yes, it's about the dragon in Asmad.
If you choose to fight it Theo will ask whether to protect the Asmadi and their princes or the Gaelans should it come to it. So the implied choice is whether to sacrifice Raelan's alliance with Asmad or MC's parents.
In both my playthroughs I tried to make the "selfish" choice by telling Theo to protect the Gaelans, but both times the game played out as if I had chosen the Asmadi. Meaning the princes live, the Gaelans are all lost and MC is very upset about her choice that sent her parents to their death.

bosp

Jan 3, 2018
Yes, it's about the dragon in Asmad.
If you choose to fight it Theo will ask whether to protect the Asmadi and their princes or the Gaelans should it come to it. So the implied choice is whether to sacrifice Raelan's alliance with Asmad or MC's parents.
In both my playthroughs I tried to make the "selfish" choice by telling Theo to protect the Gaelans, but both times the game played out as if I had chosen the Asmadi. Meaning the princes live, the Gaelans are all lost and MC is very upset about her choice that sent her parents to their death.
Oh, I see. After reading this I am kinda glad I did not choose to fight the dragon - consequences are less than ideal (devastating to say the least) and I kinda like the Gaelans lore of battle-hardened honorable veterans and wouldn't like to have them all killed. I'm a big softie, meh.

aura95

Jun 8, 2020
Thank you! That worked perfectly. Marianne's scene was great :)
Oh ya, it's a fun one.
Almost made me not feel bad for cheating on Alwenn.

Bit of a shame there won't be much room to develop this into that much more than it is with only one more chapter coming and no sequel planned...

jufot

May 15, 2021
Bit of a shame there won't be much room to develop this into that much more than it is with only one more chapter coming and no sequel planned...
I mean, neither Realan nor Marianne are feasible relationship prospects for MC, so I don't mind the lack of development. It can never be more than an FWB arrangement anyway :)

Dorksul

Nov 20, 2019
Can someone please list all the nsfw scenes that exist, I want to know if I missed any. Sorry for the trouble. Thank you!

CloudMilk

Jan 27, 2022
Virion’s route: Chapter 1 (in the forest), Chapter 5 (on the ship), Chapter 6 (optional poly with Argandea in Asmad)

Raelan’s route: Chapter 3 in Walinad. I think that’s it.

Haven’t done the other routes but I believe there’s 1 scene each for Marianne and Theoren(?) in Chapter 8. Lea’s might be Chapter 7.

Dorksul

Nov 20, 2019
Virion’s route: Chapter 1 (in the forest), Chapter 5 (on the ship), Chapter 6 (optional poly with Argandea in Asmad)

Raelan’s route: Chapter 3 in Walinad. I think that’s it.

Haven’t done the other routes but I believe there’s 1 scene each for Marianne and Theoren(?) in Chapter 8. Lea’s might be Chapter 7.
Haven't got the Chapter 8 Theoren scene yet, any help would be appreciated.

YukiAizawa

Sep 17, 2017
I can't be the only one who hears Alistair's voice with Raelan right? I played too much dragon age, and this is the price I pay. More importantly, can you romance both the king and the queen? I haven't tried it, but I figured that would solve a lot of problems I have with Raelan romance route right now.

Last edited:

vessna

Jul 21, 2021
This game is so good! Can't wait to play Ch9 Final chapter. But, why every female character have better visualization (i mean not in the romance cutscenes, but in the general playthrough, why MC can't look similar way to Queen Marianne or Cat for example? [i mean the way how MC's face looks like] cause MC in romance scenes, looks perfect, like other characters), or MC's hairstyle in cutscenes looks like the hairstyle from 1 season, but not in general playthrough :(

ahh and the clothes, MC's clothes in this game, are cool but i really love the MC's clothes from first season,

For other aspects of the game, they are all good & cool ^^

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
This game is so good! Can't wait to play Ch9 Final chapter. But, why every female character have better visualization (i mean not in the romance cutscenes, but in the general playthrough, why MC can't look similar way to Queen Marianne or Cat for example? [i mean the way how MC's face looks like] cause MC in romance scenes, looks perfect, like other characters), or MC's hairstyle in cutscenes looks like the hairstyle from 1 season, but not in general playthrough :(

ahh and the clothes, MC's clothes in this game, are cool but i really love the MC's clothes from first season,

For other aspects of the game, they are all good & cool ^^
Hahaha!

This is hilarious, I was thinking the same thing, because MC looks really busted in this one (not in the CGs though, I thought she looked a littler prettier). But each time a female NPC popped up, I was lamenting why we couldn't look like one of them!

From my experience with these things, people generally make their MCs either look (a fraction)like themselves, or an "ideal beauty", and I'm sure everyone else was made off of reference of other people/celebrities/"good" artwork. So I think MC got hit with the "basic" stick (older/experience people come to the realization that beauty doesn't have to mean supermodel, so a lot of times their ideals are really simple/basic), plus in this installment, the developer sort of stated that she wanted MC to be "mature" in this round; though why did everyone else keep their youthful beauty, if not, get hotter???

I dunno, I ignored the beauty of the female LIs, because I just assume the reference was meant to be "someone hot" so that players would like them, but then when side characters started popping up looking even more gorgeous then MC, I was feeling pretty peeved! One of them, I can't remember who (I remember being pretty envious of the random "mage" women that showed up to save those apprentices, around when you found the dragon under the school, at least I think that's how it went, been a while since I played) even had tan-ish skin, and since I play MC darkskin, I was convinced MC could have looked a whole lot better, (people seem to have trouble with darker complexion, so I set my standards low); this was clearly just developer choice...

I'm glad someone said it, though! :ROFLMAO:

jufot

May 15, 2021
From my experience with these things, people generally make their MCs either look (a fraction)like themselves
That's a reasonable theory, but in this case MC looks nothing like the dev :)

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
That's a reasonable theory, but in this case MC looks nothing like the dev :)
Yeah, I know that, I looked on her Patreon when I was forming this theory! :geek: (Does she still have her face on there?)

I meant in general, this game isn't the only media that have basic looking MCs (even movies with RL people tend to do this), and I've come across this problem more than once, so I've been compiling my thoughts from various artists (I, myself, even do this with my art). I can assume either 1, this is the developer's "ideal beauty", and what she thinks she looks like, or what she want to look like, or two, there's someone in her family/friends group who she idealize, and is what she based MC off of; that's if she made MC off of personal reference.

Of course, this could just be some random variable, and MC was randomly drawn like this, but there's too much evidence that the artist could certainly do better (who/what is the reference for all the other women?), and, two, why do all the other women have a similar beauty that is drastically different than MC's.

Lastly, if I remembered correctly, as I've played Rinmaru's other games, even before her art got this good (I'm still not sure if this is her art, or she hired someone else, I know she works with others), all of her MCs sort of looked like this MC (well, the art of the first game, at least).

I actually think MC looked a lot better in the first game, the art was just janky, and needed a more developed hand; of course, this art is beautiful, but now MC's plainness is really shining through.

Though, of course this is all speculation, I'm just having a bit of fun dissecting artists mindset from afar.:p

jufot

May 15, 2021
Yeah, I know that, I looked on her Patreon when I was forming this theory! :geek: (Does she still have her face on there?)
Not sure, but her Instagram is public :)

[various theories]
I think these are potentially feasible. Keep in mind that she doesn't draw everything herself, she works with many different artists, and they tend to change between games. I don't know if she designed MC's original sprite, though.

Though, of course this is all speculation, I'm just having a bit of fun dissecting artists mindset from afar.:p
Sure, it's fun to ascribe intention and speculate ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: vessna and Jiffie
4.80 star(s) 12 Votes