Unity Completed Oathbreaker 2 [Season 2 Final] [Rinmaru Games]

5.00 star(s) 10 Votes

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Can anyone who has played the game tell me what choices affect the plot and the consequences in the ending, please?

For example I read in the previous posts about killing dragons. What does it imply to kill them? And if you choose not to kill them, what does it change?

(I haven't played 1 or 2 yet, so I don't know if it's really a choice or not...)
I'm going to be frank, I honestly don't believe any choices matter??? Kind of??? You just have to play it, and you'll know.

You're pretty free to play exactly as you want to play, the story is pretty linear, and if you understand the story, you're kind of hand held to pick the "right" choices.

I don't know if you're looking for spoilers??? Most "major" choices is pretty much "be a nice person" vs "be a bad person", and, ding, ding, ding, being a bad person doesn't make you many friends (Don't quote me on this, I've often picked the "nice" options, so I'm not sure how being shitty turns out).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I rode by the seat of my pants on this game, and nothing happened that I didn't want to happen, it's pretty much a variable/personality choice game, then an "needs a walkthrough, what should I chose" choice game. You pretty much get 3 personality, "Kind", "Jokster", and "Bitter" (whatever synonym you believe would coincide with those); it literally does not matter which one you chose, it just let you play with how you want MC to act towards people. Spoiler, she's pretty much a crotchety bitch-whore to everyone, to put it nicely, so flavor that in those 3 choices. :whistle::coffee:

Some tips, though, that's sort of self explanatory, I think: If you want to romance someone particularly, make sure to choose all of their red colored content, I played for the romance, pretty monogamously, so I don't know what will happen if you don't obsessively pick every red choice of your love interest of choice, as I had; me and Virion had a pretty happy ending because of this???

In game 1, you can fuck around with pretty much anyone you want with no real consequences, I think??? Until it comes to the point where I believe it's when your character is preparing for war, they "get a sinking feeling" or something about this being their last days, or something, and the game ask who you'd want to spend your last moments with in these desperate times (sorry, it's been a long time since I've played OB1), this choice is vital in picking your baby daddy, and, yup, you can't get pregnant by the female love interests, so I've heard of some pretty scandalous cheating afterwards for lesbian play through??? MC is unfaithfully bisexual.

In game 2, you should pretty much have the hang of leisurely picking your choices "right" this time, but some tips would be that only Virion and Argandea(?, spelling?) can have a poly(fuck) that I hear is also disappointing?? To initiated it, Virion will mention his attraction to Argandea when on the boat to go meet him, and you have to choose the red option that pretty much says your down for a threesome, or it won't be available when you meet up. People have implied for it to "feel right", you should pursue Virion initially, and also that it's not very satisfactory in the end??? I wouldn't know, once more.

Lastly, there's only one major choice in the entire game, and it's at the very end; you'll be given 3 choices, and it's up to you to pick what you felt is the right one (it should be simple enough to reload/roll back, if you're upset with the ending you get???). I've only picked one ending, so I don't know what the other 2 does, but it's pretty obvious, IMO, which choice to pick: more information on this is in my posts above, riddled with covered spoilers, but you probably wouldn't understand any of it without playing the game; I can barely understand it, and I've played both games!o_O

For the series as a whole, I'm not sure if poly/"catch them all" choices works well for both games, you could~, but even I've experienced that this feels... hollow? When you reach mid point of game 1, it starts to feel like you've been monogamous from the start (it doesn't acknowledge your pursuit of other characters when pursuing other characters, if that makes sense; even I felt the force monogamy). For example, I was flirting with Argandea and Virion for the good portion of game 1, but all of the flirty choices started getting pretty heavy handed in "god, only they can make me feel this way~<3"; so much so that I dumped Argandea, and just leaned into Virion. However, game 2 plays around with "guess the baby daddy" a lot, so it might be fun to have fucked them all, and play Maury how I think the game wanted me to play. Game 2 really played up MC's slutty-ness towards paternity, so much so that I felt awkward how people reacted, like they could have ever been a contender?!?! :WaitWhat:, despite me never, not once, flirting/fucking anyone else but Virion? Plus my kid has his damn white hair and knife ears??? Excuse me?! I'm joking :ROFLMAO:, I think Virion reacted pretty well with his kid (I'm sure they all have appropriate responses for their baby???), but the transition of the game knowing it "could" be another's child was transparent to me in the narrative, and that upset me.

So, in short, do whatever you want, there's really isn't any consequences, only when it comes to your love choices, and it's pretty obvious how to achieve those; either you like them, flirt with them, fuck them, or you don't, there shouldn't be any confusion on this, as it's highlighted with red bubbles, so you'll know when you are.

It's a pretty simple, casual game.

superdadidou

Aug 15, 2019
I'm going to be frank, I honestly don't believe any choices matter??? Kind of??? You just have to play it, and you'll know.

You're pretty free to play exactly as you want to play, the story is pretty linear, and if you understand the story, you're kind of hand held to pick the "right" choices.

I don't know if you're looking for spoilers??? Most "major" choices is pretty much "be a nice person" vs "be a bad person", and, ding, ding, ding, being a bad person doesn't make you many friends (Don't quote me on this, I've often picked the "nice" options, so I'm not sure how being shitty turns out).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I rode by the seat of my pants on this game, and nothing happened that I didn't want to happen, it's pretty much a variable/personality choice game, then an "needs a walkthrough, what should I chose" choice game. You pretty much get 3 personality, "Kind", "Jokster", and "Bitter" (whatever synonym you believe would coincide with those); it literally does not matter which one you chose, it just let you play with how you want MC to act towards people. Spoiler, she's pretty much a crotchety bitch-whore to everyone, to put it nicely, so flavor that in those 3 choices. :whistle::coffee:

Some tips, though, that's sort of self explanatory, I think: If you want to romance someone particularly, make sure to choose all of their red colored content, I played for the romance, pretty monogamously, so I don't know what will happen if you don't obsessively pick every red choice of your love interest of choice, as I had; me and Virion had a pretty happy ending because of this???

In game 1, you can fuck around with pretty much anyone you want with no real consequences, I think??? Until it comes to the point where I believe it's when your character is preparing for war, they "get a sinking feeling" or something about this being their last days, or something, and the game ask who you'd want to spend your last moments with in these desperate times (sorry, it's been a long time since I've played OB1), this choice is vital in picking your baby daddy, and, yup, you can't get pregnant by the female love interests, so I've heard of some pretty scandalous cheating afterwards for lesbian play through??? MC is unfaithfully bisexual.

In game 2, you should pretty much have the hang of leisurely picking your choices "right" this time, but some tips would be that only Virion and Argandea(?, spelling?) can have a poly(fuck) that I hear is also disappointing?? To initiated it, Virion will mention his attraction to Argandea when on the boat to go meet him, and you have to choose the red option that pretty much says your down for a threesome, or it won't be available when you meet up. People have implied for it to "feel right", you should pursue Virion initially, and also that it's not very satisfactory in the end??? I wouldn't know, once more.

Lastly, there's only one major choice in the entire game, and it's at the very end; you'll be given 3 choices, and it's up to you to pick what you felt is the right one (it should be simple enough to reload/roll back, if you're upset with the ending you get???). I've only picked one ending, so I don't know what the other 2 does, but it's pretty obvious, IMO, which choice to pick: more information on this is in my posts above, riddled with covered spoilers, but you probably wouldn't understand any of it without playing the game; I can barely understand it, and I've played both games!o_O

For the series as a whole, I'm not sure if poly/"catch them all" choices works well for both games, you could~, but even I've experienced that this feels... hollow? When you reach mid point of game 1, it starts to feel like you've been monogamous from the start (it doesn't acknowledge your pursuit of other characters when pursuing other characters, if that makes sense; even I felt the force monogamy). For example, I was flirting with Argandea and Virion for the good portion of game 1, but all of the flirty choices started getting pretty heavy handed in "god, only they can make me feel this way~<3"; so much so that I dumped Argandea, and just leaned into Virion. However, game 2 plays around with "guess the baby daddy" a lot, so it might be fun to have fucked them all, and play Maury how I think the game wanted me to play. Game 2 really played up MC's slutty-ness towards paternity, so much so that I felt awkward how people reacted, like they could have ever been a contender?!?! :WaitWhat:, despite me never, not once, flirting/fucking anyone else but Virion? Plus my kid has his damn white hair and knife ears??? Excuse me?! I'm joking :ROFLMAO:, I think Virion reacted pretty well with his kid (I'm sure they all have appropriate responses for their baby???), but the transition of the game knowing it "could" be another's child was transparent to me in the narrative, and that upset me.

So, in short, do whatever you want, there's really isn't any consequences, only when it comes to your love choices, and it's pretty obvious how to achieve those; either you like them, flirt with them, fuck them, or you don't, there shouldn't be any confusion on this, as it's highlighted with red bubbles, so you'll know when you are.

It's a pretty simple, casual game.
Thank you very much for this in-depth answer! :D

I plan on romancing Virion exclusively so it's a shame that in game 2 they put the slutty side of the MC forward, especially towards the paternity of the child...

Reactions: Jiffie

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Thank you very much for this in-depth answer! :D

I plan on romancing Virion exclusively so it's a shame that in game 2 they put the slutty side of the MC forward, especially towards the paternity of the child...
No Problem!

Oh, best choice, in my completely biased opinion! :love:

It's not too bad! I really didn't like the unavoidable sluttiness (this, I could dance around in game 1, but game 2? Hoo-boy~), but the paternity bit isn't handled too~ badly.

I'm over exaggerating a bit, or more like over analyzing, I can tell when the game is using the "universal dialogue", that will be seen for all playthroughs, and the transition into moments when the history of player's choice is taken into account; it's not super blatant, but I noticed it, and it was a bit annoying because it supported MC's slut aesthetic, and implied with a lot of liberties!

You get a unique narrative when introducing your daughter to each character, depending on who's she is and MC's interaction in first game, and I can tell when the game is deciding to produce the dialogue appropriate for the baby daddy; a lot of characters have steep drama on if you do have their child, so the reaction of seeing MC return with a baby is understandably questionable, I just think the neutral handling of this was heavily leaning on "Is she mine???" from those she isn't, at some points. However, your character does (have the option to, in my playthrough, at least) strongly insists on who's Baby Daddy, not only if the child's appearance isn't completely obvious.

I'm assuming if my MC had been poly, it would have had more interesting dialogue/reactions, and the narrative might have handled it a lot better if she was; I personally think mixed paternity with the King might have stirred up some interesting drama! All of this can be easily excused away, though, it's not a complete immersion break.

I'm just a austere monogamous, don't mind me!:p

Dorksul

Nov 20, 2019
Can someone help me by listing all the NSFW scenes achievable in the game as there is no gallery? Thank you in advance, I just want to know if I got them all.

Reactions: Alianu

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
I see that a SFW version of last chapter exist... does this mean last chapter have some scenes ? Because i have found none

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
and the comics (Manga) with the story of Oathbreaker's daughter,

let's wait for Asscension, and Oathbreaker season 3!
I personnaly hope for some epilogue for oathbreaker 2, story wise it's ok that all isn't answer for the season to come, but the finish was rushed relationship was too.
And season 3 has new protag

so if we want real finish for the romance (particuraly marianne) an epilogue would do good

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
SoOoo~... Oathbreaker 3 won't be utilizing the daughter???

Not to shit on anyone's vision, but I don't see how this plot can be milked for a completely new "trilogy"? This game was too Highlander, to even think of pushing the responsibility on a whole 'nother life; especially after the piss poor cop out of letting us see the results of the war with the Gods, and what it meant to "release them" upon the world.

I don't want to be a stickler, but the word "Oathbreaker" was supposed to be in reference to MC breaking her oath she made with her master/cult, then now in game 2 ending with whatever Xiris has MC's soul "binned" into; making an entirely unrelated MC be an "Oathbreaker" not only trivialize the meaning of that word, but also implies some sort of failure on MC's/MC's daughter's heroic destiny...?

Is this OB3 just titled that for placeholder/continuity sake, or are we just supposed to forget why the game's'even titled this in the first place, don't get me ranting further on how game 1's direction swerved way way off into game 2's ending, again.

Once again, I'm going to have faith and assume Rinmaru knows what she's doing; it's her game, and her vision, plus, if Shrek can have 4 movies, 2 spin offs, and a TV series, anyone can continue anything. I'm just cautious if this is a conundrum.

I don't have all the information, I'm sure she'll plan and think this out, I'm just scratching my head on why continue Oathbreak without furthering the characters we already fell in love with (many of which I hear didn't have satisfactory resolutions, though I'm fine with how my story ended with Virion, minus the gaping hole in the actual plot/war cliffhanger)? And especially without doing a legacy and show us MC's daughter's life now? Why jump to a random stranger?? If this is what I'm hearing.

Well, either way, I wish them luck, I'll likely play whatever it is. Thanks for the info, everyone!

Apr 10, 2018
Man the ending with the 3 choices reminded me of ME3 ending
like it doesn't matter whatever you did earlier its only those 3 final choices

also disappointed coz no threesome with Raelan and the queen (idk if there is any but I didn't get it)

TremoloA

Feb 1, 2019
damn the forced pregnancy thing is really fucked up. Out of nowhere the mc is pregnant at the end of the first game? and in this game it turns out it was apparently with some random fling sometime at the beginning of the first game that happened completely off screen out of the players control with no mention what so ever? and then in this game this child is somehow the best thing that happened in the mc's life? what? we don't even have the option to feel regret? ah but of course -- every mother mus love their children! regretting bearing the child of some random person while one was actually pursuing a more serious relation ship with someone else? unheard of!
This feels like a bad joke.
I guess it's especially hard to come to terms with because it just happened so suddenly and with no agency and wasn't properly explained in the first game. At the end of the first game I thought this pregnancy was somehow caused by the ritual at the end or something but not this!

To be fair I haven't finished the second game just yet but I swear this developer's games need more trigger warnings.
Just look at their other game Cardinal Cross. There are some major depictions of domestic violence in that one when one of the romancable characters just almost beats his sister (another romancable character) almost to death and it never gets properly addressed and just brushed off with some lighthearted jokes. Huh?! In the end the siblings even share a tender moment like nothing happened -- at witch point I almost lost it..!

Well, who knows maybe the developer intended to rouse these kinds of emotions by depicting these intense and difficult to deal with situations in their work.
Still, I guess I just wished they were a bit more careful with how they handled their more sensitive topics..

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
damn the forced pregnancy thing is really fucked up. Out of nowhere the mc is pregnant at the end of the first game? and in this game it turns out it was apparently with some random fling sometime at the beginning of the first game that happened completely off screen out of the players control with no mention what so ever? and then in this game this child is somehow the best thing that happened in the mc's life? what? we don't even have the option to feel regret? ah but of course -- every mother mus love their children! regretting bearing the child of some random person while one was actually pursuing a more serious relation ship with someone else? unheard of!
This feels like a bad joke.
I guess it's especially hard to come to terms with because it just happened so suddenly and with no agency and wasn't properly explained in the first game. At the end of the first game I thought this pregnancy was somehow caused by the ritual at the end or something but not this!

To be fair I haven't finished the second game just yet but I swear this developer's games need more trigger warnings.
Just look at their other game Cardinal Cross. There are some major depictions of domestic violence in that one when one of the romancable characters just almost beats his sister (another romancable character) almost to death and it never gets properly addressed and just brushed off with some lighthearted jokes. Huh?! In the end the siblings even share a tender moment like nothing happened -- at witch point I almost lost it..!

Well, who knows maybe the developer intended to rouse these kinds of emotions by depicting these intense and difficult to deal with situations in their work.
Still, I guess I just wished they were a bit more careful with how they handled their more sensitive topics..
It sounds like you missed the point of the entire story and the reason for the pregnancy.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
It sounds like you missed the point of the entire story and the reason for the pregnancy.
I gotta ask does the Female Elven romance route gets any better after admitting she got the baby from a random guy?

Because that pissed me off to the point I gave up on the game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I gotta ask does the Female Elven romance route gets any better after admitting she got the baby from a random guy?

Probably the best romance in the game.

The baby serves a purpose though, it's not a normal kid.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Alphaeboy

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Probably the best romance in the game.

The baby serves a purpose though, it's not a normal kid.
Okay! Thanks that's good to know, because I feel like she have the best chemistry with her, the former Elven general, and the sassy prince. I don't know the King romance is okay in the first game but I prefer the other ones more.

Maybe after I'm done reading Sable Grimoire Elf & Dragon romance side stories, and a bunch other things I'll replay the first game and finish this one.

TremoloA

Feb 1, 2019
I mean true. I haven't finished the game. I guess I was just really stirred up emotionally by all of this and had to express these thoughts somewhere? I don't know where the rest of this story is headed but I understand that the child and the vessel thing is somewhat important. xD

what I didn't like was how out of nowhere all of this was at the end of the first game (or maybe I skipped a line of dialogue or can't remember) and how the origin of the pregnancy was explained in the first chapters of the second game. It would have been easier for me to accept if the pregnancy really was of magical origin and didn't imply the mc cheating (even though it was at the beginning of their romance).
But again I am playing this game as I speak. Maybe later on it turns out that there is more to the origin of the pregnancy. I wouldn't know. Not yet.

I mean maybe it's even a good thing that this got me so emotional? xD To me it just felt like I was made to cheat on someone against my will and I do tend to get a bit too emotionally attached to LIs in games. I mean I can't even choose different LIs on subsequent play-throughs in any game because it somehow feels wrong to me ^^'

Reactions: jamonserrano

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I mean true. I haven't finished the game. I guess I was just really stirred up emotionally by all of this and had to express these thoughts somewhere? I don't know where the rest of this story is headed but I understand that the child and the vessel thing is somewhat important. xD

what I didn't like was how out of nowhere all of this was at the end of the first game (or maybe I skipped a line of dialogue or can't remember) and how the origin of the pregnancy was explained in the first chapters of the second game. It would have been easier for me to accept if the pregnancy really was of magical origin and didn't imply the mc cheating (even though it was at the beginning of their romance).
But again I am playing this game as I speak. Maybe later on it turns out that there is more to the origin of the pregnancy. I wouldn't know. Not yet.

I mean maybe it's even a good thing that this got me so emotional? xD To me it just felt like I was made to cheat on someone against my will and I do tend to get a bit too emotionally attached to LIs in games. I mean I can't even choose different LIs on subsequent play-throughs in any game because it somehow feels wrong to me ^^'
There was no cheating.

She slept with him while drunk during a time she was known for having drunken flings before any of the romances happened.

TremoloA

Feb 1, 2019

Yeahhh it made me feel really bad too. Actually just after I wrote my original post I got to a scene where they started at least started talking more about it which made me feel a bit better about it and more hopeful. I then thought about deleting my post because I might have been to hasty but it was too late and someone replied xD

5.00 star(s) 10 Votes