2D (OC) Mira's Art Practice Log

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
After finishing my bug hunting for v0.7 I'm spooling up development of v0.8. The keynote feature is going to be a new blowjob frame (and some events to make use of it), so I've started with some experimentation with how that should look!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've done a more thorough writeup for my thought process and plans , consider becoming a patron if you want to support development and hear more about how things are going!

In practice art related news, I've started watching Wednesday on Netflix and it has activated my weakness for big tiddy goth girls. Expect to see some of them in the coming days and weeks.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've spent the last two days doing the art for the upcoming blowjob frame for A Very Full House. I've finished all of the main art and I'm almost ready to move it over to Live2D and start rigging and animating. The janky layering makes for a poor preview, so I'm just going to skip the art post for today and do a full animated reveal in a couple of days. See you then!

Reactions: Robert rivers

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Alright, I'm a tiiiny bit late with my practice log, but I've got fun stuff to show off in exchange. I've been working on the new sex frame coming to A Very Full House, and I can finally show it off in engine! Here are some screenshots!

It took a few extra days to get this frame (mostly) done. There was a lot of tricky warping and pivoting that gave me a model that looks good through it's entire range of motion. After that was the animating step. For previous frames I've relied a lot on Live2D's physics system, but that ended up being a lot less practical for a blowjob frame where there are physical constraints that need to be respected - nobody wants to see his dick clipping outside of her neck!

The basics of the frame are all working now, including an "x-ray mode" that puts his dick and an interior view of her throat on display (just don't ask where her spine is - his dick almost literally the thickness of her neck and compromises needed to be made). Now I'm going to go back and do a second pass to add in some secondary elements: a condom variant for his art, her wet skin texture, ponytail hair, etc. I also need to sit down and write some events to make use of this new art!

So that's what I've been up to!

• Love
Reactions: Knight6797 and Xill

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I didn't intend for it, but today's practice art ended up being a whole lot of infrastructure art! I started setting up a Discord server and decided I should give it some proper server art. Not long after that, I realized I should probably give myself some proper art too! My current (well, now my old) profile art is over a year old and, and comes from pretty much the start of my "hey let's learn to actually draw" journey.

Now I could have just done a static drawing and called it good enough. But I can't be making a game all about jiggly animated models without giving myself the same treatment! So I've spent the whole evening (and then some) drawing, shading, rigging, and animating some art for myself!

So, I've clearly made some alterations to my own meta-character! I decided to tone down the purple hair (I think I went a little too far on that, actually; I may bump up the saturation). I've also made the animation much more violent, which seems a little aggressive at full size but makes it much easier to "read" at profile picture scale. My old version moved so slowly it almost looked static, but moved just enough to be creepy.

Setting up a Discord server is what kicked this whole process off, but now I've spent all my time doing the art for it and don't have any time to actually set up chat channels, link it to Patreon, etc. I'll get that done tomorrow and be back to drop the invite link!

(Oh, and the greatest irony? Discord doesn't support animated profiles unless you buy Nitro. Mira's bouncing boobs are fun, but I don't think they're $100/year fun!)

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Exciting news everyone: A Very Full House now has an official Discord server! (and ask questions, post bugs, and all other useful stuff)!

• Love
Reactions: Knight6797

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I spent my practice time drawing, colouring, and shading some proper character art for the NPC "Busty"!

I still need to draw her daily outfit layer, which I'm planning to do tomorrow. My goal is to have the static art in v0.8, but I probably won't have time to rig and animate it. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'm expecting her jiggly physics to be spectacularly fun. In the meantime I'm also going to be writing some more content for v0.8! I'm hoping to have that ready to go soon; probably the 22nd or 24th.

• Love

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
I spent my practice time drawing, colouring, and shading some proper character art for the NPC "Busty"!

I still need to draw her daily outfit layer, which I'm planning to do tomorrow. My goal is to have the static art in v0.8, but I probably won't have time to rig and animate it. I hope I'm wrong though, because I'm expecting her jiggly physics to be spectacularly fun. In the meantime I'm also going to be writing some more content for v0.8! I'm hoping to have that ready to go soon; probably the 22nd or 24th.
I really love her character design, hit the nail with the character design! Will there also be an interaction between her and the sons?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I really love her character design, hit the nail with the character design! Will there also be an interaction between her and the sons?
At some point, absolutely! I don't have anything laid out yet, but pretty much every character will have a crossover with one of the boys as a way of keeping their arousal under control. I may make her one of the Cheerleader's friends and use that as an excuse to bring her around once or twice a week. She's also definitely going to have a lot to do with the classroom stuff.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I finally got around to shading and detailing some lineart I had posted weeks ago! Here's a look at our lovely MCILF, fresh from a workout!

This is going to be part of a two-panel comic in the same vein as Firebrand's "Vibe Check". I've got part 2 drawn up as well, but it needs to be shaded, detailed, AND animated, which is a little more work than I can put in for a few days. In other news, we are rapidly approaching the release of v0.8. I hope to have it out on the 22nd or the 24th!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
No art for today; I'm busy with writing and bug hunting for v0.8. The update will be out in two days!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
v0.8 of A Very Full House is live! Check out the full update and give it a try!

I've spent all my energy getting this mostly-sorta-kinda stable, so I'm going to go crash and deal with any bugs or other issues in a few hours. See you then!

Reactions: Robert rivers

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've been busy polishing up v0.8 to get everything nice and stable (resulting in two bugfixes in the last two days), but that's all finally handled. All that work inspired me to draw this quick little comic.

One thing this piece highlighted for me is how I'd like to have a more symbolic, "cartoony" style for quick drawings. I may do some B&W practice sketches to practice that in the near future. The next update for A Very Full House is going to be focused on cleaning up code and writing events to fill in content gaps, so hopefully I'll have time for a little more art practice stuff!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I'm working on reorganising the code for A Very Full House, but I found some time to get my drawing practice in. Here's a quick sketch of the NPC "Busty" trying to dodge having a photo taken of her!

I'm going to try and focus my art practice in the near future to quicker sketches (so expect lots of rough linework). I'm also going to be trying to build out my character proportions free-hand rather than relying on a mannequin, which will hopefully speed up how fast I can draw in the future (as well as making me better at more dynamic poses).

As a side note: I keep forgetting how fucking massive I made Busty's breasts. Her pose looked reasoanble when I sketched out her frame, but she's obviously super front heavy. I need to give her a massive back bend to keep her center-of-mass over her feet.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
The last two days I've been hard at work on rigging and animating Busty's model, and I'm all finished up now!

I've started with some basic animations (idle pose, bounce left/right), but I've also added in some looping boob-bounce animations that I can see easy applications for in new events. Maybe I'll get around to writing some of those for v0.9; I think I'll leave that up to my patrons to decide.

In related news, my patrons have voted to add a new event involving Slacker walking in on the MCILF while she's masturbating. I'll be spending my next chunk of time writing that! If you want to vote in future polls like that one consider and supporting development!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Wow, I wish I was as good at drawing! Plus the progress you're making is insane! Good luck on the game! Your hard work is admirable!
Put in the time to practice and I'm almost certain you could be! I've been seriously focusing on getting better for just under a year now (My last bit of art was day 346, if I've kept track properly).

Oh, and obviously thank you for the compliment!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I'm busy writing new events for A Very Full House, so I've just got a quick practice sketch for today. I really like the pose, so I might revisit this in the future and do it up as a fully shaded drawing.

Speaking of new events: I've got a poll running over for what event to write next in A Very full House! If you're a patron swing on by and let me know what you want to see.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've been busy with writing new content for A Very Full House, so no practice art to post today. I think I'm going to refine my Firebrand sketch from last post, add some colour, and add it to AVFH as a new phone background in v0.9. Expect to see a preview of that in a couple of days!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I took the time to clean up the lineart and do the colouring/shading for my Firebrand sketch from a few days ago!

I'm particularly happy with this because this pose was one I tried way back when I started learning how to draw, and that I absolutely could not figure out how to do. I'm glad to know I'm glad to know I've gotten better at perspective (as well as anatomy and construction; this was done without any pose reference). Of course there's always more to improve. Hands continue to be unreasonably difficult, and facial expressions are something that I want to spend more time on as well.

Oh, and I also took the time to give it a quick rig/animation in Live2D, so I'll be adding a lightly animated version as a phone background in v0.9!