2D (OC) Mira's Art Practice Log

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
It's been a productive couple of days, but my attention has ended up split over a whole bunch of different projects. So each of those is now solidly in-progress, instead of having one finished thing to show off. One important thing that I've been working on is the concept sketch for "The Cheerleader" - the next NPC to be receiving high quality art in A Very Full House

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I wasn't sure if I wanted "small" boobs (ie. boobs that she could actually put her arms in front of), or large boobs, so I put it to a . To my surprise small boobs have won (sitting at 80% of the vote, at the moment), and I've moved on to final lineart! I'm hoping to have that finished in the next couple of days!

As a tiny bonus: I'm working on some placeholder at for a side character in v0.6. I'll give you a sneak peek, but only at the top layer of clothing!
Have fun theorizing what her deal might be!
A cousin of the boys?

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I'm back today with an art preview for v0.6! Today I'm showing off the cutdown Cheerleader outfit that you will be able to unlock for her.

The goal with the cutdown outfits is to walk the line of "this is reasonable". The minified version (the next step in corruption; not drawn for this update) will take the outfit into "that girl is a tease" territory. The cutdown version is unlocked through a couple of new events once you have the correct corruption level. Each piece of clothing ends up damaged in a different event, so you may end up being able to shorten her skirt before you can cut down her shirt, or vice versa. The events will trigger repeatedly, so if you don't have the stats to modify her outfit the first time through you'll have other chances.

I'm tidying up some new events right now, but I hope that my next practice post will be the release of v0.6! If it isn't it will almost certainly be the post after that one.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Bug hunting took longer than expected (it happens every update and it surprises me every time!) so a fancy release blurb will have to wait until tomorrow. For today, you can find the download links over on (absolutely free!)

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
A few days ago I asked my patrons to help me design a character, and the results are in! The results were a tall, big breasted, big booty lady who was a little bit Evil and MASSIVELY Chaotic. I decided she should be a tiefling, and got to work for today's practice sketch!

Next up we're going to be picking her skin, eye, and hair colour. If you want to get involved you can .

I'm also experimenting with something new with the background today. Rather than just some solid colours I did a rough background sketch and then fed it through an image to image AI. I'm not going to dive into the whole "is AI art actually art" debate, but for disposable one-off backgrounds I think it's a massively useful (and time saving) tool. Let me know what your opinions on it are; people are very clearly divided about this sort of thing!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
The big feature for the next version of A Very Full House is going to be the addition of full quality art for the last major NPC: The Firebrand. Today I worked on a concept sketch for her pose and outfit:

I'm going to tidy up some anatomy and then dive into the full quality line art!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
True to my word, I've been working on lineart! Here's a peek at the Firebrand with all of her lineart and skin shading finished. Next up is hair and nipple shading, then we're onto face elements!

Over on Patreon I'm currently for what content you all want to see in v0.7! Workplace expansion is currently in the lead, but it's early days and some MCILF cutdown outfit variants are both polling quite well as well!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
No art preview today; I spent all of my time finishing up The Firebrand's new model art and don't have any spare time for polishing it to share (there are layer errors, no background colour, inconvenient resolution, etc).

I'm happy to say all of her model art is done though, including expressions and starting outfit! Over the next couple of days I'll get that rigged up into Live2D and exported for Ren'py. In two days time I should have a well put together preview image for her whole model, so look forward to that!

Reactions: Robert rivers

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I'm a day late with today's update; Christmas got super busy and I didn't have the time (or the energy) to finish rigging the Firebrand's model until today. But it's done now, so let's take a look!

In addition to the actual art I've also finished some idle and bounce animations for her. Those have turned out to be important, because she's got way more butt than any of the other characters. She needed some extra attention to make sure those cheeks were jiggling in just the right way. Her big booty also helps sell the rotation warp effect; it swings in and out of view in a very satisfying way.

My current plan is to have the update land on January 2nd, which gives me a little less than a week to cram some more content into v0.7 and bug test the whole thing.

Oh, and can we just take a moment to appreciate how far my art skills have come in a little less than a year of full time practice? Day to day it's hard to notice, but here we've got two drawings of the same character and the difference is massive. Little improvements build up if you stay consistent, and everyone starts by being bad at stuff!

Alright, that's enough sappy inspirational BS from me. Back to work!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
We're back on schedule after our Christmas upset, hot on the heels of the preview of the Firebrand! I've got a slightly strange art preview for today, but it'll make sense soon. First though, I've been working on the patron requested content for v0.7: a cutdown version of the MCILF's default underwear. There's nothing groundbreaking here: her bra gets smaller, her panties get cut down to a thong, but it's a fun and logical bit of corruption progression.

So what do I have to show off today? A water texture! Just a water texture, actually.
We've got a lot of pool scenes and a lot of shower scenes, so a wet skin "outfit" just makes sense. I was feeling inspired today, so I made one! I don't have it rigged up in Live2D yet, so you just get the ghost version of it (otherwise the incorrect layering makes it look very janky). The actual "wet" bits of the texture are done with a multiply layer, so it should play nicely with the skin tan textures, and any other skin layer textures I add in the future like tattoos.

Both outfits have been added to the boob and butt frames too. I'll be getting those added into their Live2D models tomorrow, and then I think I'll go write some events to make use of both of them! If I have time after that I'll probably add in a minified panties variant as a patron exclusive. I imagine that will have her panties cut down to a thin g-string and her bra reduced to bikini sized cups. That should be fun!

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
So she will be able to wander the house naked while she's wet? That's really hot.

Btw, will the towel get a "cut down" version as well? Something like a lower half only towel while staying topless?

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
At some point, absolutely! No clue when I'll get around to it though; there's so much art still to do!
That's more than ok. Your game is moving faster than most around here so you're already doing something right lol.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've got all of my "must-do"'s for v0.7 finished, so I decided to put some time into sprucing up the main menu. First up was to redo that very dated menu title with something a little more stylistically in line with the current game art!

I'm very clearly a better character artist than I am text-writer, but I think it's still an improvement. If the spacing looks a little awkward, don't worry: there are going to be other screen elements that this title is squeezed around.

nishikocat

May 21, 2022
Love watching an artist grow and develope! But here I actually prefer the first version of her. She’s a lot cuter and more realistic, while still being curvy. The new one is so exaggerated that she’s starting to look like a centaur. There should be some balance with the upper body imo

That said, your constant art updates are inspiring! Please keep at it
Also I don’t want to come off rude, I just wanted to give some feedback

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I had some writers block the last couple of days (which seems to have cleared; I'm writing some Firebrand interactions right now), so I pulled up one of my half-finished drawings and finished it.

It's basically just a butt, from a slightly interesting perspective. It's also been drawn in segments so I can rig and animated it in Live2D. In fact I have rigged it up in Live2D, but I don't have the time to animate and export a good loop, so showing that off will have to wait for another day.

Meanwhile, I've only got a little bit of time left until the release of v0.7! That will be my next "practice" post, so keep an eye out for it!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
It's that time: v0.7 release day! You can read my full writeup for the release over on !

! !

The big news for this update is the new art for the Firebrand. I'm really happy with how her character design turned out; I think her "vibe" is really clear and carries through all her clothing, pose, etc. There are a couple of new events with her, including the ability to make her do the laundry for you. There's now a cutdown underwear option (unlocked when you make Firebrand do the laundry the first time), and I also found time to add in some wet skin effects for shower and pool scenes.

Now I get to sit back and wait for the bug reports to roll in! Woo!

Oh, and if you're wondering: I did find that time to animate the butt loop. It's now available as an animated phone background if you poke around at Firebrand's computer.

Reactions: Robert rivers

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Hey everyone, I'm here with a quick update! I've fixed up a few bugs that showed up in v0.7.0 and released the bugfixed version.

Changelog:

I have also just released a collection of useful modding resources: all of the Live2D models, the Live2D animation files, and the photoshop files with the art layers. I hope people find this stuff useful making cool stuff!

[UPDATE: the original package was missing some of the frame models. The link below has been updated to the complete package.]

No other art update for today; I spent my time getting those modding resources packed up. I want to get back to more sketches and stuff in the near future though; I'm not getting as much actual drawing practice done as I use to!

Last edited:

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Speaking of art practice, I'm back with some! Back before Christmas I was running some patron polls to help pick details for a new character in the "Caves of Grothnar" meta-universe. I've finally got around to doing the flats and shading for the last results which had picked (amongst other things) her skin and eye colour!

I've experimented with a couple things here. First, I've done an explicit lighting pass to try and add some colour variation to the skin: a red-ish torch light from above and a blue-ish lantern light cast from behind and to the left. Second, I've overlaid a texture layer to try and give the whole image a little more, well, texture! Let me know what you think about the effects! For comparison, here's what it looks like without either of those effects added:

I currently have a poll running to pick this girls name and class! If you're interested in supporting my art consider popping on over, becoming a patron, and leaving a vote!