• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

2D (OC) Mira's Art Practice Log

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
No art again today as I'm spending all of my time writing and debugging for A Very Full House v0.9. The release of the new version will be at this time in two days (AKA my normal practice post time).

See ya then!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
It's been a busy couple of days, but I've finished writing all of the new events and v0.9.0 is live! You can find the download links over on !

Here's the changelog if you're curious what's been added!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I took a day off to do bug fixing and catch up on sleep, but I'm back on my practice schedule! Here's a short comic, summing up the release of v0.9 (and v0.8, and v0.7...)

With all of the major bug fixing finished I'm starting in on content for v0.10! I'm almost certainly running a poll about what people want to see added in that update, so consider becoming a patron so you get to vote! democracy is cool!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
My patrons have voted to have v0.10 focus on adding a whole bunch of new outfits/outfit variants added to A Very Full House, and the first step to that was drawing up some sketches for them to pick from.

There's a poll going on to decide which of these I will be working on adding first. Can you tell I like running polls? My art practice posts for the next couple of weeks will probably all be work in progress shots for new outfits!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I dove right into the new outfit work, starting with the highest voted option on my patron poll: a cutdown variant of the MCILF's workout outfit! 2nd place was close between a new underwear set for the MCILF or a cutdown version of Cheerleader's underwear. I decided to go with Cheerleader's underwear because it was A) fast to add, B) gave some NPCs some more outfit attention, and C) is important for her storyline.

I have both of these outfits rigged up in Live2D and exported into Ren'py. All that's left to do is a little bit of programing and to add some events to actually make them available to player!

Tomorrow I'll be posting another poll to my patrons to see what they want me to add next. Make sure to check in on Patreon to see what's going on!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Continuing with the "new outfit" theme of v0.10 I'm back with a preview of the winner of the latest patron poll: a minified version of the Cheerleader's default outfit!

*Note: I forgot to toggle the "thigh pinch" setting when I exported these images; Imagine her with her thighs pinched in at the top of her socks.

I've already taken this new outfit and rigged it up in Live2D, and now I just need to take the time to write some code and some story to introduce them. I think I'm going to devote the next couple of days to doing that, which means my next practice post will probably be some new outfit candidates for a future poll. See ya then!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've missed an update, but I promise I got some good drawing practice in anyways! For today, I have another quick outfit sketch for my patrons to vote on! Today I've added a swimsuit option for Firebrand, and a garter+stocking option for the MCILF. There's a poll going on right now to help me pick a winner!

I'm hoping to have v0.10 out before the end of the month, so I don't have much time left to squeeze in many more outfits! While the poll results are rolling in I'm going to be busy writing some new introduction events for these new outfits. In fact, I'm going to go work on that right now!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
My recent poll on Patreon was a landslide, with a clear majority (65%+) voting to add a new garter belt + stocking set for the MCILF. Here's a preview of that new bit of clothing!

I'm hoping to get v0.10 out soon ("two days from now" kind of soon), but I've got a lot of writing to get finished up if I want to do that. My productivity over the next few days will probably determine if I update before the end of the month, or push the release back to the 4th or so. Wish me luck!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I'm not quite ready to release v0.10 of A Very Full House today (I want to write a couple extra events and give the whole thing a bug sweep), but I do have some fun art for today! First up I've got a compilation of some of my really old sketches made over a year ago when I started doing my daily art practice and posting the results!

I'm running a poll to decide which of these sketches I should redraw. Hopefully the result will show off a year's worth of progress!

Of course I can't get away with just posting old art, so I also have an update about what art I've been working on recently. Last post I showed off the full body shot of the MCILF's new garter belt + stocking clothing item. Today I can show off a preview of that same garter belt in her butt shot frame!

That's all for today!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
For today's practice post I have a redraw of one of my earliest bits of practice art!

In keeping with the theme of redrawing old art I tried not to spend too much extra time on this compared to the original time budget I gave myself a year ago. I'm not super happy about the pose - I intended to have her arms showing under the table, but couldn't get it posed in a way that looked decent and just cropped that whole section out - but it's still an obvious improvement over last year. Notably, I was fast enough while drawing that I had time to do this up as a fully coloured drawing!

In non-art news, I've got v0.10 of A Very Full House coming out on March 3rd, just a couple of days from now! Look forward to seeing that as my next practice post!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Knight6797

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I only have a short update post for today, but it's a good one: v0.10 of A Very Full House is out!

This update adds a collection of new outfit variants to the game, a few new events to introduce/make use of those outfits, and fixes a bunch of bugs that had been lingering around (including an embarrassing misspelling of "Principal" as "Principle" throughout the entire game).

You can find the most up-to-date links !

Here's a changelog if you're curious what's changed

Enjoy! I'll be back in a couple of days with some fun art news!

Reactions: Knight6797

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've got big practice-art news for today! I'm going to be spending the next couple of weeks (at least) working with Clip Studio as my main drawing program. I'm hoping it will give me an improved suite of tools over GIMP, particularly for texturing and shading. I expect it's going to take me a fair amount of time to get comfortable enough with Clip to make a decision about it, which is why I'll be drawing with it as much as possible in the near future!

Today's practice piece was a series of quick Yark the Goblin sketch while I got my head around some standard drawing brushes, the layering system, fill tool, tool switching, and the UI in general.

I've also noticed that there is a timelapse option, which seems like a fun thing to use for some practice drawings. I'll look into that for my next post!

Reactions: Skyler

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
As promised, I've moving onto some clean lineart practice with Clip Studio! I decided to focus on concept sketches I might turn into NPCs for A Very Full House in the future, starting with one of my favourite tropes: a big tiddy goth!

Here's the initial sketch (I've also been happy with how my initial construction brush is performing)
And here's the version with some crisp lineart and quick fills:

My initial impression is pretty positive! I'm starting to get familiar with Clip's option layout and it's been simple to adjust my brushes when I need to. Once I got my lining brush zeroed in I was feeling perfectly comfortable lining over my old art. Doing quick colour fills was trivial with the crisp lineart as well, which was a refreshing change from the tedious process of selecting things in GIMP.

Next up I'll be doing some flats and shading to see how the tools for that all stacks up! I'll also check out that time lapse function I completely forgot about while working on my drawing today!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
No art update for today, unfortunatly! I did make some good progress on colouring and shading, but then I got nerd sniped hard by a fan mod that I wanted to add better support for. As a result v0.11 is going to be BURSTING with new modding functionality, including support for adding new clothing items without needing to edit/overwrite the Live2D model, ability to inject additional menu options into menus, easily moddable phone apps, and hooking into existing events at an arbitrary script line!

I'm going to try and finish up the colouring and shading of my cute goth girl for tomorrow. If that goes well I'll see you then!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Alright, here's that goth girl I promised you, fully shaded now!

This took a little longer than it would have in GIMP, but I was learning a lot about Clip Studio as I went. Now that I have all my shortcuts figured out and a better idea of what tools I have available I'm certain I could be hitting a much faster drawing pace.

I've done a writeup of my experience with Clip for my patrons. The tl;dr is that I liked it a lot, even with the teething pains of learning a new drawing program. It was particularly good for shading and texturing - it makes things like stitch lines, chains, hair, and fishnets WAY easier to lay down and add more depth and detail. I expect I'll be keeping Clip as my go-to drawing program!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
My last few days have been spent focused on the new location maps that I'm going to be adding in v0.11 of A Very Full House. These will be part of an expansion to the school section of the game, giving me more space (both physically and narratively) to add events to the game. Here's a peek at four of the nine location maps I'm planning on adding!

Keeping with the theme of this month I worked on all of these location maps in Clip Studio. I've discovered it has a very convenient and flexible perspective tool which made drawing all of these (mostly geometric) maps fast and fun, rather than tedious. I'm very happy with the change so far!

v0.11 will likely be using these greyscale maps while I make sure I'm happy with the layout. I'll give them a colour pass in v0.12 (although they're still all placeholders. I'm going to do good background art at some point for everything).

I've got the rough drawings finished for the five other locations I'm planning to add: 2x Washrooms, the principal's office, the gym, and REDACTED. I'm hoping to have those done in a couple of days, and then I can get all of these imported into Ren'py and start hooking events into the various clickable objects.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Drawing new location maps has been the lion's share of my work recently. Since my last post I finished the final five maps that I'm planning to introduce in v0.11. With these done I can dive into the code side of things; I expect defining all of the interactables to take a day or two. After that I can start making updates to the school system and give our MCILF a reason to actually wander around the school.

There's one final location that I haven't shared - you'll have to wait until v0.11 comes out to see it! With code and writing work on the horizon I'm hoping to fit in some non-work related drawing (it will still have boobs in it, so I guess it's still sort of related). Conveniently, Clip Studio just pushed out a big update and I'm eager to check out some of the new features!

Reactions: Skyler

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
My last few days have been pretty filled up with location art and a whole lot of writing/coding, but I was able to find time to do a little bit of character pose/perspective sketching. Enjoy a very stream-of-consciousness sketch page for today's practice post!

Meanwhile, I'm making good progress on v0.11 and hope to have a firm-ish release date in the next couple of days! Stay tuned for more about that!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
A slightly more focused sketch for today! I'm still trying to direct most of my time into work on v0.11 of A Very Full House, so polished drawings might not make an appearance for the next week.

Now I promised an update about the release of A Very Full House, and I'm here to deliver! I'm going to commit to a release in Four (4) [100B] days. I have all of the new locations hooked into the game and properly triggering location changes/interaction events. The last thing I need to do (besides testing) is restructure the "work" events so you have a choice between a bunch of different lesson plans. Four days should be enough time to get that figured out and write some extra events to fill out the new options.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
The release of A Very Full House v0.11 is just around the corner (2 days to go!), but I'm making sure to squeak in some practice time. I wanted to draw a chubbier, more stylized character. I default to drawing characters with big tits, so a fantasy cow girl seemed like an easy choice. I decided to get some male practice in as well and do some comparative anatomy too.

Then I remembered that cows have four udders. So of course our stacked cowgirl became double-stacked.

I'm in panic focus mode with v0.11 as I hurry to get the last bits of the new school work system finished. There's lots of fiddly details, like making sure all of the NPC's are actually scaled correctly and that at-home dialogue options don't appear while you're at work. I'm making good progress though, and it should all come together pretty quickly!

Reactions: macacodocrime