redwester

Mar 8, 2019
I got passed through the syntax error but whenever the game starts it just plays the music and opens the window but no display is shown. I can control some of the options using the toolbar but nothing else. Is there a fix for this?

foss

Jun 16, 2017
I use Locale Emulator and nothing happens, I tried changing my pc local to japan and still got syntax erro... What can I do??

Mr_Ecchi

Mar 12, 2019
While I never had any issues playing the game myself browsing all 8 pages so far I see numerous people have similar issues.

If changing your system locale to Japanese or using an emulator doesn't solve the problem (remember you need to restart your computer after changing this system setting) it seems the other reason you are prevented from playing is because you don't have a Japanese language pack installed on your computer.

Although the game is in English (thanks to a fan patch included in the games' files) codewise it's still a Japanese game which requires you tricking your computer into thinking it's in Japan and knows Japanese like a native Japanese customer (who this game is suppose to be sold to)

Japanese games that have fan translations are coded to be region locked to Japan vs an official licensed game like Starless or Marina's Cuckolding Report which was re-coded to English territories so you don't need to change your locale as this official English version is now for English customers (I suppose to prevent Japanese fans from reverse-importing the game for the uncensored visuals which they don't get because of their outdated laws...)

TL;DR Fallen Wife is a fan translation. If you are unsure in the future if a Japanese game is a fan translation patch or re-coded licensed official English version, check vndb and see who the English publisher is on the game's page.

I took it for granted that I installed my Japanese language pack years ago so if anyone needs a step by step guide here you go:

Settings --> Time & Language --> Language

Click "Add a preferred language"

Type Japanese

Select it, and press Next

Leave "Set as my display language" unchecked

Checkmark "Install language pack"

Finally click Install

Going back to the Language tab under "Preferred languages" you should now see

English (United States)
Default app language; Default input language
Windows display language

日本語
Language pack installed

I don't think you need to select 日本語 (Japanese) as your default language before you play. Think of it as an add-on that only activates when necessary/needed.

Last edited:

Cloudian4869

May 4, 2018
anyone know why I can't access the CGs or replay the animated scenes from the title screen
the options are greyed out and I cannot go into them 1569926138452.png

Mr_Ecchi

Mar 12, 2019
anyone know why I can't access the CGs or replay the animated scenes from the title screen
the options are greyed out and I cannot go into them
Did you actually play the game previously and now everything is missing or did you load a 100% save and not drop it in the correct location?

Cloudian4869

May 4, 2018
Did you actually play the game previously and now everything is missing or did you load a 100% save and not drop it in the correct location?
I just started playing but I have already gotten through a few of the cg scenes already
is it a set up where I must clear the game first?

Mr_Ecchi

Mar 12, 2019
I just started playing but I have already gotten through a few of the cg scenes already
is it a set up where I must clear the game first?
Honestly can't remember but it's possible. Some older games don't let you view the CG until you've completed the game at least once. Maybe the creators thinking being that you should play blind the first time. If you were able to access the galleries you would know what scenes/options you missed out on

Certain games also have new scenes that unlock after playing and your gallery won't register that CG until you play those scenes

putotoy00

Jul 25, 2019
when i open this game this thing pop up
''cannot convert given narrow string to wide string'' how fix this?

Mar 21, 2018
Why does it say it has multiple endings when I don't see any choices I can make? I'm at the part where Hiroki, or whatever his name is, is fucking hot mama before the cafe opens while she is also talking on the phone with her husband. Is there choices to be made further down the road, or what?

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
here's a reupload for mega. I called the file artfordummies to avoid copyright takedown/mega account deletion from mega.

4.60 star(s) 15 Votes